Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ARCHIVE THREAD

ARCHIVE THREAD

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoG YoMoMmA

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 25, 2007
Pennsylvania
Congrats on Bootcamp or should I say Recruit Training Command (RTC)!!! I've been in for more then 8 years and LOVE every minute of it so good luck and god speed brah!

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!!

XGC Carbine

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2008
Des Moines
www.myspace.com
I was in the KS Army Guard 69th CSB, and then transferred to IA Air Guard 132 SFS. Did Basic and AIT at Fort Jackson, SC. When I transferred to the Air Force went to Lackland Air Force Base through the Security Forces academy. Then went to Kuwait in 2002. I got out of the military in 2004.

KoG YoMoMmA

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 25, 2007
Pennsylvania
I've been in the United States Navy for over 8 years now! I originally joined and built bombs and missiles, I'm currently working in Recruiting training people how to train there recruiters and will do this for the next 11 years until I retire! I'm currently an E-6 and E-7 eligible (crossing my fingers)! I been to the Bahamas, England, France, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Slovenia, U.A.E. & Bahrain! I love/loved every minute of it and would never get out until 20 years is up to retire (11 more to go)!!

XGC ElRey

Forum Noob
Oct 16, 2007
CO
Navy, currently in it A school and loving it. only thing that sucks right now is having to report morning, afternoon and night so they know where im at periodically. cant wait to get full liberty in 2 weeks.....HOO YA NAVY

KoG YoMoMmA

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 25, 2007
Pennsylvania
Navy, currently in it A school and loving it. only thing that sucks right now is having to report morning, afternoon and night so they know where im at periodically. cant wait to get full liberty in 2 weeks.....HOO YA NAVY

What rate? Yeah muster sucks when you have to do that a couple times a day but it's part of the transition from boot camp so everyone ain't out causing havoc because they been caged up for a few weeks lol

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
SHOULD I JOIN THE MILITARY

Should i Join the military

Ok everyone I have talked to my friends and family about this, so i am coming to my XG family to talk and see what u all think about this too

My problem is i really want to join the military i have talked to recruiters, taken all the test, done the physical, all i need to do it sign the papers....I am not sure though i wanted to get everyones opinion before i make any choice, and my friends and family all were the same, had supporters and people who didnt want me too, and people who have mixed feeling about it. so i am asking what u all think about it...should i join the military or not, i will get a large signing bonus, i will be gone for a month or two during basic training, but if i decide to go i will talk to council and our SYN XD about all of the clan stuff, right now i am just talking about should i join or not....

The poll says it all so the question is: " Should i join"

Jangles

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
With the underpants gnomes
I say nay

I've already lost an XG friend to those damned recruiters.

It does have benefits though. By the time you're in your 40s you'll be able to retire and live comfortably forever.

blondiizzle

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Pregame Lobby
If this was in the lounge I could give you the rundown of my own personal opinion on this Papa... But for the sake of my XG brother - I'll tell you I have mixed feelings.

My brother is military - loves it most days, but like any organization it has it's kinks in it.

My mom hates it, but has admitted that it was a smart move for my brother (he's working on being a cop). I think she enjoys being a military mom on a secret level.

I thought about joining the military myself, but life always got in the way (my ASVAB scores were through the roof - they would have trained me for whatever I wanted to do). I sometimes wish that I had.

My brother's tour of Iraq brought up a lot of turmoil (on a personal and national level, if you've heard of the 94th MP unit, that was my brother).

So I don't know what to tell you. It's a big personal choice to make. I wish you luck ;)

blondiizzle

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Pregame Lobby
This was like, 13 years ago (the grading system has changed from what I hear), but it was the top "percentile" you can score for every category minus mechanical and I remember a lot of the questions on the test, and that was before I had owned a car or worked on engines and such... stuff like catalytic converters and blah blah, that I was like, I don't even KNOW WHAT THAT IS!

Now, I do. lol

(They graded in percentiles back in the day - 98-100% correct was the top category you could get)

SYN Jerriel

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 10, 2006
cali on the west coast
Papa here is my though

if its something that you want to do then go do it. Know all the facts before you do it.

i would like to join but i am up in the air with it I.E my mom says not to. but my friends do.

Mixed feelings it were i stand

XGC BULLETHED

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 7, 2007
CINCINNATI
www.xiledgaming.com
Its really simple. If you want to be on the front lines join the army or marines. If not, join the navy or airforce. Free college either way. I was in the army, loved it. They will all tell you that you did great on the asvab but really take your time to pick a job and make sure its specific or you will get transferred to another field of study while in basic training. Definetely not what you want to be concentrating on. Also if you want to join and not catch any kind of hell in basic make sure you can run two miles in 12 mins or less, 100+ pushups in two minutes, and i believe 80+ situps in two minutes. As long as you max your pt test you will be loved in basic training.

SYN Classic

Forum Veteran
Dec 11, 2006
Redding, CA
www.xiledgaming.com
I say do it, there are so many benefits, also do it because you want to, If you'll have fun, learn new things, make money and protect your country all at the same time then I say do it. Like you said, you can work things out with XG and everything. If you want to then go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.