Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ABOUT SYN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifetime Crisis

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 7, 2007
Minnesota
yesterday I had a disagreement with another general of SYN over how SYN was meant to be run. It wasn't a big one but we are wondering who was right. A previous SYN general sided with me that SYN is supposed to be a proffesional, friendly underground community where we don't start trash, but we know how to end it. I interpreted this as we don't start any serious trash talk or teabag or anything unless another person starts it. Which then we do our best to end it, not make things worse.

The other generals opinion of our motto was we can start trash, we can end it, and basically do whatever the hell we want. I feel maybe both of us may be interpretting this incorrectly and I would just like to get this cleared up. The argument kinda cost us a couple would be recruits too... :( I don't want that happening again.

Romance

Forum Junkie
Jan 31, 2007
www.myspace.com
This isn't going to end well.

But all in all, SYN is supposed to be ran like KoG, XGC, and XGG. The only difference is just what you can and can't do. Just because you can talk trash doesn't mean you run your clan differently. There is a fine line between trash talk and just being plain rude. I'm sure you know how thin that line is. As the general, you should run it with respect and dignity. You are a role model so let your members reflect your leadership. As a captain I try to not even say one curse word around my members. Some of you know I'm not the best at that, but I'm getting better.

SYN Cheddarbob

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 15, 2006
Boston, MA
www.freewebs.com
The respect portion of the honor code is also still included, you MUST treat other members of XG the same the other divisions would be required to treat you, any disrespect to fellow XG members is unacceptable.
In perspective, you're right Lightning, there's a definite fine line, and it must not be crossed, or you will get in trouble.

Lifetime Crisis

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 7, 2007
Minnesota
yes I do respect that fine line. Except for just messing around like calling my members noobs in matches but they know I'm kidding.

I am bringing the respect level in unleashed to an acceptable level, finally. But I'm having to be much more serious. Next meeting I was planning on bringing up that now that we are established we need to quit screwing around and get down to business.

Lifetime Crisis

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 7, 2007
Minnesota
and no this probably won't end well. It also kept karma from considering joining SYN. He told me if the leadership is now run with immature people then he isn't even going to bother. That pissed me off.

Silvyy

Carpel Tunnel
Feb 13, 2008
Salem, Mass
The Honor Code can be understood in many different ways/views. In my view if you wouldn't do it in real life why bother doing it on Xbox or the forums. If you are the kind of person who really "doesn't care" go ahead and try to bend the rules but when the Ban Hammer is brought down and punishments are handed out, do not try to evade responsibility. The honor code is made so that the MAJORITY of gamers have FUN. In SYN we are given the privilege to trash talk a little. That is a privilege in XG, it does not mean that you can go out and T Bag and pick arguments with people you do not know. Why stoop down to an immature level, we are Mature Gamers and hopefully all proud members of Xiled Gaming.

Lifetime Crisis

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 7, 2007
Minnesota
I was talking to him on LIVE. He joined my game and party and heard the general say something that he found inapprpriate for SYN. He lectured him which therefore turned into this argument. Karma talked to me later about that argument and said he was thinking of coming back to SYN, but after that show he may change his mind. He thought that now immature people are leading SYN, and wasn't impressed. But he seemed impressed with how calmly I handled their argument and how well I explained things. But still the general made us look really bad in front of possible recruits.

To jerriel: I think cheating would get anybody to start trashing whoever can't play fairly. That's like more kinds of trash, but non-verbal. Depends on your point of view.

Lifetime Crisis

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 7, 2007
Minnesota
so future, until we see what the XC and XI bring into this one I think I handled this one well. So maybe I'm more mature and capable then you thought?? ;) jk I just had some support, so it was not me that made the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.