Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WHY I WON'T BE GETTING THE NEW XBOX

XGC WOLFMAN

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 28, 2007
Winter Park, FL
06.jpg

1) EVERYTHING is run from "the Cloud". The game data is basically streamed to you from the internet, which is great, unless your internet connection sucks.

2) The new console is not compatible with any XBox 360 games, or anything purchased off of the 360 Live Arcade.

3) You can digitally send a game to a friend through XBox Live, but that friend has to be on your Friend's List for at least 30 days, and each game can only be given away once. ONCE. Not once per month, or once per year. Once per ever.

4) Kinect 2 MUST be connected at all times, and is always listening, even when the console is turned off. Terrific, it's Orwell's 1984.

5) All games MUST be downloaded from the disc to the console's hard drive, which are then sent to Microsoft's "Cloud." After that, the disc literally becomes useless. Remember, these discs will be Blu-Rays, so each disc will hold up to 50 GB of data.

6) The hard drive can only hold 500 GB, which sounds like a lot, but with everything that the hard drive has to hold (games, DLC data, game saves, video recordings, TV show recordings, etc), that 500 GB will fill up very quickly.

7) The console MUST check in with XBox Live every 24 hours because of the DRM (Digital Rights Management) time limit. If internet goes out at your house for more than 24 hours, your XBox One console essentially turns into an expensive paperweight. You won't be able to play any games offline until your console is able to check in with XBox Live.

8) According to Microsoft, there will be no game rentals or returns allowed at launch. The corporation claims it will investigate rental options after the release of the console. This will certainly hurt GameStop, and probably kill Gamefly and Red Box's video game division.

9) With everything dependent on your internet connection, everyone who lives in a low-income neighborhood or out in a rural area where internet isn't always readily available is basically being screwed over. And how many people have access to fast internet without paying $100+ per month?

Everything with the new console makes it feel like Microsoft is going overboard to increase their profit margins. Which is only natural, we live in a capitalist market. In a capitalist market, the only recourse consumers have is to refuse to spend their money. So, that is what I'm doing. I will not be transferring to the new XBox console and will probably be getting a PlayStation 4 instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: KoG Exile

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
Hmmmmmm I got a different impression from the release info (so-far)

The cloud only stores a minute amount of your data, not entire games..

Whats wrong with being able to send a friend of family member a game? We werent able to do so before... this is bad?

Kinect2 can be turned off, and when the console itself is turned off, nothing is communicating other than the DRM and game updates prompt, which we will have control over. Sure MS could be spying on us, but I'd be more worried about the Govt.

Last I heard, they were working w/ Gamestop/etc to come up with special 'used' deals, a way to make it work for retailers so it was mutually beneficial for everyone. Of course no one will really know until release, or soon after, but nothing seems concrete or out of the question at this point.

I agree, this release is spurring more questions than excitement, but I'm holding out for more details before I lean one way or the other. The 360 left many questions un-answered prior to its launch, and it turned out awesome, so I have faith MS won't stray from whats worked in the past, too far at least. I'll definitely be getting a PS4 though...

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
Finally a logical anti-xbox One argument that isn't just rage speaking.

The only thing putting me off the xbox One is the internet connectivity. I could do with it being required once a month or so, but once a day is just too much. Microsoft has knowingly neglected a huge fanbase - and their answer? The xbox 360 will suffice for those who can't fulfill the internet requirement. Not a good look microsoft, not at all. Especially when even a large % of the "first world" developed countries still do not have great internet infrastructure.
I like that they have said they'll continue supporting the 360 for a while (i.e the free games for gold members), but we know this will only last for about 12 months. Then the "support" will just be keeping the 360 servers on for a few more years before pulling the plug. Unless Microsoft have remedied the One by then, they'll essentially be abandoning this entire consumer group.

I want to like the Xbox One. I really do. But a compulsary internet connection (which may be changed, I mean if the public outrage is enough) is a fundamental flaw.

XGC WOLFMAN

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 28, 2007
Winter Park, FL
Apple enforced DRM's for a long time in iTunes, but they recently realized how much money they were losing out on and dropped the restrictions. Now, both Apple and the publishers working with iTunes are making more money than they were back when the DRM's were enforced, and users are loving the freedom of being able to give legit MP3 files to whomever they wish.

We'll see how long it takes for Microsoft to come to this realization as well. Given their stubborn nature though, they probably never will.

XGC GunNut

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 8, 2012
Portsmouth, VA
SO far i love the one, i would really like to hear what everyone is feeling right now about the one a few months after release!! I have had the PS4 and the XBOX ONE and i prefer the ONE (I sold my PS4)

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA
Well i don't really mind Windows 8, it's different and takes some getting used to but i guess I'll have to just try out both for myself and make that choice. I mean getting the one first just because i prefer the Xbox over the PlayStation but the games PlayStation has coming out exclusively for the 4 i want as well. That will be the only reason i get it.

XGC DELTA DULU

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 15, 2012
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
I think Windows 8 just sucks on PC... it's like trying to turn it into a tablet. With the One, if you use the kinect, it makes navigating through it easier. I played the PS4 and I didn't care for it too much. The One has a few minor bugs but with patches and updates it will get fixed. If you can get the One, I would suggest it. I'm surprised people didn't know about the recent deal going on at Gamestop. It might still be going on but I pretty much traded in the 360, games and controllers with a payment of $278 it wasn't that bad. I'll check and see if they are still having the bundle discount going on but it's worth it. FYI, the kinect doesn't have to be connected to the system for you to use it. I put mine in the packaging after i familiarized myself with the interface.
- DELTA

Darkperish

Forum Noob
Aug 3, 2008
Calexico, CA
even with all the changes made on xbox one, it still sucks, make me think all Xbox 360 owners like me threw the cash to the trash since this bastards dont let us keep our games at all, we gotta but new ones. **** MICROSOFT

XGC DEFiANT

Forum Veteran
I ditched out my 360 and went with the PS4. Over all I like it! I have both system and sold the X1. Sad to say that I have to ditched out my friends from COD4 days up to present but I have open new doors to new friends through PlayStation Network ;) Beside... Sony is coming out with its Virtual Reality headset that Im looking forward to!

So yeah its a matter of personal preferences... Both are great consoles.