Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WHAT PROGRAM?

Sicafoose

Forum Junkie
Dec 27, 2011
California
Ok i looked in the design forum and couldn't find the proper thead to post this in so i came here,

I used to be a sig and avatar and web graphic designer, i used adobep hotoshop back when it was cs2 then i stopped now there is adobe cs 5 and its hella expensive, someone suggested GIMP and its free,

so the question i have is what is better GIMP or photoshop for graphic designs please do not let the price be a factor in your suggestion, i want the quality of a program i dont care to much about price

Reactions: SYN ScubaSteve2553

Sicafoose

Forum Junkie
Dec 27, 2011
California
alot of the new designs that cs 5 can do puts mine to shame
like here are some of my designs. so i need a program that i can put my old ones to shame

background.jpg

my-sig.jpg

Login-screen-oblivion-2.jpg

XGC TOMMYGUN XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC ITALIANS ARMY
Dec 12, 2006
Hesperia, Ca
Well I use GIMP cause ps cs5 is too expencive for me, lol. and I have been really practicing with GIMP and its the closest you can get to cs5, but cs5 is better!!!! you can check out the work I have done in GIMP in my Art Gallery!!! you can just click the button under my sigs that says art gallery, lol!!!!

Reactions: SYN ScubaSteve2553

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
How much is CS5 now? I've been too afraid to look. I need to upgrade as I'm running a 64bit windows and CS3 is not compatible.

With that being said, I'd suggest Photoshop if you can get it. GIMP is still a good alternative though, no doubt to that.