Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE

Dark Gaul

Forum Star
Nov 20, 2012
Wales, UK
Wondering if there is anyone out there that might be able to share their experience with video editing software.

Currently I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 9, but it is slowly ceasing to work and I think I am going to have to buy a new program soon. It's annoying that this should be happening now as I am attempting to launch a Youtube Channel for my clan.

I have a budget of around £50 so if you know of something good let me know please.

Double O Gonzo

Forum Nerd
Oct 18, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Try and get Sony Vegas... I think they have a Free Version you can use....

EDITED IN: I Also found this if your interested... http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx?sct=inc&ct=msn&cid=94

A better question though; is why is your Adobe not working anymore? Is it your computer or is it the software? If your computer can't handle the program anymore you need to clean and increase your PCs capabilities. with $50 you might buy some ram ssd or i dunno depends on what you need really.

Last edited:

KoG Jehuty

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 6, 2010
Deland, Florida
www.youtube.com
Try and get Sony Vegas... I think they have a Free Version you can use....

EDITED IN: I Also found this if your interested... http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx?sct=inc&ct=msn&cid=94

A better question though; is why is your Adobe not working anymore? Is it your computer or is it the software? If your computer can't handle the program anymore you need to clean and increase your PCs capabilities. with $50 you might buy some ram ssd or i dunno depends on what you need really.

Definitely invest in RAM, you can never have too much.

Dark Gaul

Forum Star
Nov 20, 2012
Wales, UK
The Hardware Spec is not the problem that much I know....

I had a power surge a few weeks ago and it killed my Hauppauge HD PVR 2 while I was using it. And it turn this screwed up my program, now every time I go to launch it I get the Micrsoft Error Reporting thing... and I don't have the disk to re-install it or the Product Key.

I have started using Serif Movie Starter Edition just to do some basic videos for my clan. I have no experience with the full program just wanted to see if someone has or could offer some thoughts on it.

Just for the record I listed my budget in pound sterling because I live in the UK not to sound rude or cheeky like.

KoG Jehuty

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 6, 2010
Deland, Florida
www.youtube.com
The Hardware Spec is not the problem that much I know....

I had a power surge a few weeks ago and it killed my Hauppauge HD PVR 2 while I was using it. And it turn this screwed up my program, now every time I go to launch it I get the Micrsoft Error Reporting thing... and I don't have the disk to re-install it or the Product Key.

I have started using Serif Movie Starter Edition just to do some basic videos for my clan. I have no experience with the full program just wanted to see if someone has or could offer some thoughts on it.

Just for the record I listed my budget in pound sterling because I live in the UK not to sound rude or cheeky like.

ahh did not see that, well I would personally contact the help support for the program that you currently own and tell them your situation. Most likely they will be able to send you a new copy and product key if you can provide some easy information. Sounds like a problem with the program not registering your drivers correctly. I would uninstall the re-install the drivers and program. As I stated
Most likely they will be able to send you a new copy and product key if you can provide some easy information.

Dark Gaul

Forum Star
Nov 20, 2012
Wales, UK
I might give it whirl.. had a look online to see if I could download them for my model of capture device and the chances are good. But I dun really do the tha stuff anymore to warrant the need of such a device.

But I would very much welcome the recommendation of programs for video editing as it is always good to have alternatives to use.