Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

THE GROWING RIFT

Master Jello 20

Forum Noob
Jun 13, 2007
Each XGC squad should have a KOG squad tied to it. I think it would bring the community closer together and let it grow faster. I cant even count the number of times I've been recruiting either by myself or with others, found out someone was under eighteen and let them pass by. It would be simpler to send them straight to the affiliated KOG squad than to have to use the website. On top of that when these kids turn eighteen we can take them on directly which is good because they will already be familiar with us and we them. You could do the same thing with XGG for lady recruits who would like that option and SYN for any d-bags you find (just kidding guys).

SYN Ashley

Forum Addict
Apr 1, 2007
Denver!
Each general, whether they are XGC, KoG, SYN, or XGG should have at least ONE representative from each division on their friends list, and if not, their respective section leader or division leader will, so most of the time this recruiting issue is taken care of with haste if whoever is doing the recruiting needs assistance from another division. However, I do think you have somewhat of a point. If every XGC squad had a SYN or KoG squad they played with often and knew really well, those potential recruits would be helped easier. However, you seem to be labeling KoG as an "underage" division, which it most definitely is NOT. KoG is for ALL ages; there are people ranging in age of 12 - 30. When they turn 18, it doesn't mean they "graduate" to XGC. We are all a family, and by insinuating that when a member of the community becomes of age, they need to move on to another division, kind of makes this separation worse.

-Ashley

BuNiTe

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 10, 2006
The Murda Mitten
My friend ashley here is correct. We don't transfer people just because they turn 18. There must be special circumstances for a person to transfer. Even if they are of age, what is the difference between KoG and XGC. They have the same honor code, just no age limit in KoG. If you have any questions then please hit me up via a PM or msg on the box. Thanks

Dec 9, 2006
Illinois
www.myspace.com
My Problem that i see with what he's talking about. And its the common mistake i see all the time.

Thinking KoG is for Younger People. Thats all. KoG is for all ages. XGC is 18+ and SYN is all Ages. KoG and XGC Have the same Honor Code. And SYN has a little Things different than XGC/KoG.

SYN Ashley

Forum Addict
Apr 1, 2007
Denver!
My Problem that i see with what he's talking about. And its the common mistake i see all the time.

Thinking KoG is for Younger People. Thats all. KoG is for all ages. XGC is 18+ and SYN is all Ages. KoG and XGC Have the same Honor Code. And SYN has a little Things different than XGC/KoG.

Yeah, unfortunately it is a common misconception about the divisions within our community.

Master Jello 20

Forum Noob
Jun 13, 2007
Sorry about my misunderstanding. But, that helps my point of the need to bring the community closer together. Even if KOG players don't graduate to XGC they still have the option to right? If someone who has recently turned eighteen doesn't want to play with younger people their transition should be easy. Aside from all this talk about KOG transfers, making these connections would still help the recruiting process by bringing recruits in faster and by making new recruits happier. I know recruiters dont always mention other divisions because we want the player for ourselves. With these new ties some of us might be more inclined to send more recruits in their direction. Even if you ignore this recruiting aspect getting to know other people in the community is never a bad thing.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
Sorry about my misunderstanding. But, that helps my point of the need to bring the community closer together. Even if KOG players don't graduate to XGC they still have the option to right? If someone who has recently turned eighteen doesn't want to play with younger people their transition should be easy. Aside from all this talk about KOG transfers, making these connections would still help the recruiting process by bringing recruits in faster and by making new recruits happier. I know recruiters dont always mention other divisions because we want the player for ourselves. With these new ties some of us might be more inclined to send more recruits in their direction. Even if you ignore this recruiting aspect getting to know other people in the community is never a bad thing.

Your fellow members and leaders pretty gave you all the correct information.

The answer to your question in the post is NO. They don't have the option to tranfer just because they turned 18.

You looked right passed what Ashley and others have said.

We are a community broken up into multiple clans. Each having it's own type of gamer in it.

XGC - more serious mature adult gamer( suppose to be anyway!)
KOG - recreational family style gamer
SYN - hardcore, edgy underground style gamer (does not mean d-bag and never use that again or I will send the entire SYN over to talk to you about why they are not. Trust me you will not like that. )
XGG - all girls

As for this joining up thing, that makes little to no sense at all. XGC is not the boss or the parents of the community KOG can stand on it's own with out XGC screwing it up. That is a terrible thing that has gotten KOG and SYN in trouble many times. Allowing XGC to lead it around like the ugly step child. They are all individual clans with their own style and gamer.

The age thing is nothing more then a guideline or rule for that clan. Some people use an age rule in the squad they are in within the clan division.

XGC INNOVATION has 25 an dolder people in it.

some SYN clans have 16 or even 18 and older. That is their preference.

As for this recruiting thing you mentioned, to many XGC people lose their minds over this under 18 thing.

We need to focus on recruiting good people that game like us. Do that first and then find out where they fit the best.

Don't worry about how old they are or that you recruit someone into KOG or SYN. Recruit that person into XILED GAMING. If we all focused on that, the community grows and does so in a positive way. Besides, you don't get any points for recruiting someone and you will not get promoted faster so it doesn't matter what clan they go to. Again, game with people and if they fit into our way of gaming invite them into the community then find the right spot for them.

On contacting someone from KOG or SYN, first things first, if your general or section leader doesn't have atleast one leader from those divisions on their friends list please let me know. I mean, all you need to do is look them up and send them a message with that persons gamer tag in it then follow up in a day or so.

Or, what most do, just come to the website and send a PM to the KOG or SYN leaders. All their names are posted on the site and they also have their own areas on the site that you can post in. Pretty cool thing huh?

On a final note, don't take all this as getting your idea beat up or crushed. Ideas , suggestions and comments are welcome. You just need to make sure you can think them through and when others discuss them with you , don't become combative.

Hopefully this info will help you and many others.

KoG Spinz

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 25, 2006
Baton Rouge, LA
Master Jello,

I would say that 90 percent of all XGC clans have a KOG clan that they are close with or send there recruits to. I send my recruits, that best fit the mold of kog, to one of my former captain's who is now a KOG XS. Hence, there is alot of communication and playing between the diferent divisions.

Last edited:

Master Jello 20

Forum Noob
Jun 13, 2007
Ok Hylander, I don't know if I made myself clear on some of my points. But, first things first. If I offended any Syndicate gamers I apologise. It was a joke. Just because you talk garbage about other players doesn't make you a bad person. And not to challenge you Hylander, you are my superior and I have complete respect for you, but, after grilling me for my comment about SYN why turn around and call my clan an ugly stepchild? I never tried to imply that we were the better than any of the other divisions. The idea I presented is intended as a two way street. If any of the other divisions met a gamer who they thought was best for my clan I would be more than happy to be introduced to them. Now, about KOG. I did read the other posts and I accept the fact that I was mistaken about the age restrictions. But tell me why the gamers that want a transfer to XGC should be denied that when they turn 18? I did use the word graduate earlier and that was a mistake, I meant a trasfer. You also said XGC loses its mind over age restrictions. The rules say no one over 18 in XGC. I've just been going by that. The reason I recruit is not becuase I'm worried about gaining credibility. The reason I don't worry gamers under eighteen is because they have to go to another clan. If they aren't part of mine it's probable that I won't play with them much. I know that that isn't a good thing to say but, it's true. If I had ties to the clan I sent them to I would play more with these would be recruits. In my opinion, the current process of sending recruits to other clans is a pain. I'm just trying to streamline the process. I'm not just trying to improve recruiting either I'm trying to improve inter-clan relationships. I'm sorry if any more clarification is needed. I'm doing these posts later at night so, I understand if I'm hard to follow. Just please try to bear with me. Ah, hold on. Sorry if it seems like I ignored you Spinz. I didn't completly understand your post. But, I do see that you claim most clans already have ties to other divisions. If that is true what would be the problem with making these ties concrete? It wouldn't hurt anything would it? And Hylander, I don't mean to make it look as if I'm coming at you and I appreciate your words of support at the end there. I just want to make sure everyone knows exactly what I'm proposing and why I'm suggesting it before it gets shot down. I want to express all of my ideas clearly because I know this is my only shot. I will have to be convinced that I am wrong because I really am just trying to do what is best for my clan. And one last bit of clarification, I want these ties to be to all the divisions. I don't want this thread to turn into something about KOG.

S

SYN Corona

well not theres to misunderstandings.

1.) KoG is not for 17 and younger. It is for any age. Which means they can recruit 17 and younger, or 18 and higher, it doesnt make a difference. If everyone were allowed to switch from KoG to XGC once they turned 18, that would just be bringing truth to the nasty comments that KoG is Kids of gaming and such. Then it really would be 17 and younger, and thats not what we want.

2.) Not only is Syn not for bad people, we are not trash talkers. If you were to see us in a game without our Syn tag, you would think we were in XGC or KoG. After every game, we say "good game guys" or try to recruit them. But now if the other team decides to be immature thats when we strike back and let them know how pathetic their lives truly are and point out the reasons theyll never find love or happiness :D

Weve got a home for every type of gamer. Wether you like playing with mature gamers, pro gamers, girl gamers, underground gamers, recreational gamers, etc etc. When I was 19, I transfered from XGC to KoG, the complete opposite of most. and no offense to our older guys, but I liked KoG alot more, and if I ever had to choose I would much rather go back there then back to XGC. Gamers have different tastes in how and whom they like to game with, this is why we have the divisions, NOT to have it broken up like a school with the college kids and K-8th. Once again, the divisions are for different tastes and styles of gamers, NOT different ages. hope that helped.

SYN Ashley

Forum Addict
Apr 1, 2007
Denver!
Ok Hylander, I don't know if I made myself clear on some of my points. But, first things first. If I offended any Syndicate gamers I apologise. It was a joke. Just because you talk garbage about other players doesn't make you a bad person. And not to challenge you Hylander, you are my superior and I have complete respect for you, but, after grilling me for my comment about SYN why turn around and call my clan an ugly stepchild? I never tried to imply that we were the better than any of the other divisions. The idea I presented is intended as a two way street. If any of the other divisions met a gamer who they thought was best for my clan I would be more than happy to be introduced to them. Now, about KOG. I did read the other posts and I accept the fact that I was mistaken about the age restrictions. But tell me why the gamers that want a transfer to XGC should be denied that when they turn 18? I did use the word graduate earlier and that was a mistake, I meant a trasfer. You also said XGC loses its mind over age restrictions. The rules say no one over 18 in XGC. I've just been going by that. The reason I recruit is not becuase I'm worried about gaining credibility. The reason I don't worry gamers under eighteen is because they have to go to another clan. If they aren't part of mine it's probable that I won't play with them much. I know that that isn't a good thing to say but, it's true. If I had ties to the clan I sent them to I would play more with these would be recruits. In my opinion, the current process of sending recruits to other clans is a pain. I'm just trying to streamline the process. I'm not just trying to improve recruiting either I'm trying to improve inter-clan relationships. I'm sorry if any more clarification is needed. I'm doing these posts later at night so, I understand if I'm hard to follow. Just please try to bear with me. Ah, hold on. Sorry if it seems like I ignored you Spinz. I didn't completly understand your post. But, I do see that you claim most clans already have ties to other divisions. If that is true what would be the problem with making these ties concrete? It wouldn't hurt anything would it? And Hylander, I don't mean to make it look as if I'm coming at you and I appreciate your words of support at the end there. I just want to make sure everyone knows exactly what I'm proposing and why I'm suggesting it before it gets shot down. I want to express all of my ideas clearly because I know this is my only shot. I will have to be convinced that I am wrong because I really am just trying to do what is best for my clan. And one last bit of clarification, I want these ties to be to all the divisions. I don't want this thread to turn into something about KOG.

Jello, everyone here appreciates your suggestion on how to better unite our community; however, it has always been a common misconception that SYN and KoG are underage divisions, which is something we are working to change.

F.Y.I. :Hylander didn't call XGC the ugly step-child; he said that to illustrate how people have made SYN and KoG feel in the past.

Master Jello 20

Forum Noob
Jun 13, 2007
I UNDERSTAND THAT KOG AND SYN HAVE NO AGE RESTRICTIONS. Except in some special cases like Hylander pointed out. So, lets ignore the fact that XGC DOES have age restrictions for just one second. Lets ignore the fact that having ties to these two communities would make it easier for XGC to introduce under eighteen players that we think would fit great into our community to Xiled Gaming. If these ties were made possible it would be easier for recruits of ALL AGES to find for themselves what division best suits them. Now lets throw the recruiting aspect of this argument away as well. Everyone seems to want to focus on the fact that at one time, yeah, I did think that KOG was for underage gamers. Okay, so lets focus on that. Making solid ties to the community is a simple thing, it seems like, meant to bring us all closer together.
IF THESE TIES HAD BEEN HERE TO START WITH I WOULD NEVER HAVE SAID WHAT I DID ABOUT THE KINGS OF GAMING AND THE SYNDICATE.
If you really do want to rid Xiled Gaming of these misconceptions I think that making the divisions get to know each other a little better would be a good start. Pair them up.

S

SYN Corona

I see what youre saying bro. But we dont need to link clans togeather. Why cause all that much more work and hassle doing something like that, that can be fixed simply by the leaders doing their jobs. For instance, when I go to recruit, I dont ask if theyd like to join Syn, instead I ask if theyd like to join XG. If they do, I find out which platform they play the most (XBox, PS3, PC) Then I find out what game and what style they prefer. If they just like to have fun and are over 18 I send them to one of the many XGC members on friends list. Or Ill send them to KoG. When youre helping out other divisions and leaders, they see that and will help you out too. Say I send a recruit to XGC Ashley XS, when she gets a dirty gamer, she'll think to herself, oh yea, Corona sent me one, let me return the favor. This helps every division grow, and helps streangthen the ties between leaders across every diviison

Besides, linking clans would be really hard to do considering every clan is different. AS an XS I look over 4 clans in Syn. Its not simply 4 underground gaming clans. I have Syn Pride which is a recreational clan, for guys just to game and have fun. I have Syn Wrath, which is the fastest growing, producing plenty of leaders for the community. I have Syn Old School which is a mature clan, only ages 17 and older. And I have Syn Xiled Kings which is for the really competitive gamers who like to practice and challenge often.

Once again, I hope this helped ;)

Master Jello 20

Forum Noob
Jun 13, 2007
I'm glad you see where I'm coming from. And I can see some of your points. I still disagree with you but, I'm still glad. I don't think it would be too hard to tie the clans together. I mean, sure everyone has their own style but, at the same time we are a community of like minded gamers. I think in about ninety percent of cases my squad would get along with just about any SYN squad out there. The system may not be broken but, I think we can still fix it. What do the rest of you think?

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
I'm glad you see where I'm coming from. And I can see some of your points. I still disagree with you but, I'm still glad. I don't think it would be too hard to tie the clans together. I mean, sure everyone has their own style but, at the same time we are a community of like minded gamers. I think in about ninety percent of cases my squad would get along with just about any SYN squad out there. The system may not be broken but, I think we can still fix it. What do the rest of you think?

First, your answer is no. We will not be linking up the clans across divisions. They are different for a reason and will stay that way. If people associate with each other for the sake of playing games or recruiting or networking that is their choice.

Second, I understood you 100% from the first post and thought I was clear in my response. However, in you hurry to post some argumentitive theory as to why you know more then the leaders of our community and that we should link our clans together you failed to read what I said properly.

Others pointed out your mistake on the ugly step child thing. Your perception and understanding of what SYN is, is way wrong. Corona corrected that for you.

On a last note, the idea of people joining KOG only because they are under 18 and then transferring over to XGC is ridiculous. KOG is a CLAN just as XGC is and just as important to our community. Moving it's members out would only weaken KOG and as others have stated. KOG is not an under 18 clan. It is ALL AGES. If those people want to hang with XGC so be it. Most do not because they are different styles of gamers which is why they are where they are.

So, now that you have your answer I suggest you get back to playing games and having fun. Thanks.