Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SYN RABID ODANI APPLICATION

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
Ok, so you're definantly more art oriented than you are design oriented. The main thing you have to remember is to simplify things. With this piece it's hard to tell what the point of the sig is. There is more emphasis on Marcus and the spartan than there is on the xbox. There are to many colors and to many things going on at once. It might look better if these were split into 3 different images.

Many members have been on a break and we could always use help with sigs. I want to see you try some requests. I don't want you to post any of them without my say so first though. Try to find some requests that aren't filled and do the requests. Post the image you make and a link to the request. If it is deemed good enough I'll let you post it. (This doesn't mean you're on the team yet since it's not up to me, but you're so active you might as well help us out. Doing requests might even help you grow with your art).

let me know when the sigs that i make for the request can be given so they can retrieve them if deemed good enough.

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA

To be honest and this is just me not all the sigs need to have a border I find it simpler is essentially better I mean the border does give it a certain look but without the border being around the pic and giving it that slight distraction the picture looks better without the border around cutting the edges of the pic. Also for this pic I see alot going on lol it's hard to really tell where the flow starts and stops ya know since it's so cluttered, with this type of sig (more than 1 focal) it's hard to really get 2 or more focals to not look cluttered especially if they are two different renders. Main thing is to figure out how you can make it flow well in this case with the render on the left I would've put his back to the other guy to make it seem like thats his right hand man, also the second guy looks like the background and the guy are all one? If thats the case then you could've slightly gausian blurred it around 0.5 to 0.6 and put the other guy on the right hand side since it wouldnt take up so much of whats going on on that side. Cause it looks like on the left side there's a lil more going on plus you don't want to clutter one side of area you kind of want to utilize the space to the best of your ability. It's a decent sig tho, keep up the good work.

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA

Ok so for this type of sig I've done one before and it's a tad bit difficult cause you can't take away from the original pic because the original is essentially what you need for a city sig you need the city lol. But what I did was use different backgrounds to give it some slight effects. But the main thing I notice is the Text, nothing really wrong with it but one this for sure and I use to do it as well which I'm sure everyone has and thats not putting everything in the same type of text. What I do is usually pick an awesome text that looks good with the name then with everything else I use a simple plain text, I find doing that not only makes the Text for the name pop but also organizes it a lil and makes it neater looking and not make it as cluttered vs using the same font for everything.

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA

Ok so with this one it's not bad but it's noticeable that this is the whole picture and not a render, to be honest I'd steer away from doing this not only is it hard to design over that but it doesn't give you too much free creative room. When designing a sig or banner it's basically taking a pic you like and making your own version of it. In this case if this is the pic the person choose I would have definitely slightly blurred the background a lil bit with the blur tool around 10 or 5% opacity, I would have also slightly blurred the corners of the picture and sharpened the girl to really make her stand out in the picture making it seem like you're automatically focusing on her as you see her nothing else comes into focus at least around her the bed or whatever can be focused.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
To be honest and this is just me not all the sigs need to have a border I find it simpler is essentially better I mean the border does give it a certain look but without the border being around the pic and giving it that slight distraction the picture looks better without the border around cutting the edges of the pic. Also for this pic I see alot going on lol it's hard to really tell where the flow starts and stops ya know since it's so cluttered, with this type of sig (more than 1 focal) it's hard to really get 2 or more focals to not look cluttered especially if they are two different renders. Main thing is to figure out how you can make it flow well in this case with the render on the left I would've put his back to the other guy to make it seem like thats his right hand man, also the second guy looks like the background and the guy are all one? If thats the case then you could've slightly gausian blurred it around 0.5 to 0.6 and put the other guy on the right hand side since it wouldnt take up so much of whats going on on that side. Cause it looks like on the left side there's a lil more going on plus you don't want to clutter one side of area you kind of want to utilize the space to the best of your ability. It's a decent sig tho, keep up the good work.

for this one he wanted the text follow me into the shadow of death. so i took a Templar as the one whos heading into the shadow of death (ak the reaper) i did do a much bigger gaussian blur and it helped in my opinion but ill try and blur out the reaper abit as well. and i will also flip the render to the right side since it seems like the left has too much.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Ok so with this one it's not bad but it's noticeable that this is the whole picture and not a render, to be honest I'd steer away from doing this not only is it hard to design over that but it doesn't give you too much free creative room. When designing a sig or banner it's basically taking a pic you like and making your own version of it. In this case if this is the pic the person choose I would have definitely slightly blurred the background a lil bit with the blur tool around 10 or 5% opacity, I would have also slightly blurred the corners of the picture and sharpened the girl to really make her stand out in the picture making it seem like you're automatically focusing on her as you see her nothing else comes into focus at least around her the bed or whatever can be focused.

i did a 20% blur around her in most of the image but i will also try to sharpen her out abit.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Ok so for this type of sig I've done one before and it's a tad bit difficult cause you can't take away from the original pic because the original is essentially what you need for a city sig you need the city lol. But what I did was use different backgrounds to give it some slight effects. But the main thing I notice is the Text, nothing really wrong with it but one this for sure and I use to do it as well which I'm sure everyone has and thats not putting everything in the same type of text. What I do is usually pick an awesome text that looks good with the name then with everything else I use a simple plain text, I find doing that not only makes the Text for the name pop but also organizes it a lil and makes it neater looking and not make it as cluttered vs using the same font for everything.

ya i ended up taking the image and duplicating it and bluring out one then layer masking the other over it so the water had more of a glare to it. Ok i understand what your saying with the font. i wasn't sure how to make it work due to the request having graffiti text. and here is austin tx there is alot of graffiti artist and the style for graffiti is consistency in the text style so i didn't want to stray way from that art form

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013