Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SYN RABID ODANI APPLICATION

Jupiter

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 18, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
xgckoneko.deviantart.com
For the first one, pop out sigs are a pain because you need to be extremely clean with every single edge. Youve got the right idea but I see areas around the grass that need to be cleaned up. Aside from that, I dont see anything done aside from it being pop out. No effects? lighting changes even? I havent seen the original image however.

For the second one, the text is not good at all. Its in an awkward spot and the font/color doesnt blend with the signature whatsoever. I do like the rest however.

fixed the blur abit on this one

and blended the hair into with the color splash.

Jupiter

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 18, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
xgckoneko.deviantart.com

It looks as though you used a white filter over the entire thing to give it a sort of glow effect but in my opinion it isnt working. It makes the entire signature look washed out. The text is hard to read and the font is too masculine for that type of render. Aside from that, you have it right next to her head which can be very distracting. Youre also lacking decent depth in this one. The angels face is barely in focus.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
The text is completely off. The color doesnt blend whatsoever and the font in my opinion does go well with the signature itself. I feel the flames are overblurred and are actually drawing my attention away from the focal because of it. They also cover too much of your focal.

i actually didn't blur anything on the flames because that is how the flames are that are on the actual render and the only place the flames cover him are his legs so i will trim that down abit and see what happens.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
For the first one, pop out sigs are a pain because you need to be extremely clean with every single edge. Youve got the right idea but I see areas around the grass that need to be cleaned up. Aside from that, I dont see anything done aside from it being pop out. No effects? lighting changes even? I havent seen the original image however.

For the second one, the text is not good at all. Its in an awkward spot and the font/color doesnt blend with the signature whatsoever. I do like the rest however.

yea it was my first shot at a pop out and look forward to tying it again when i can find a render i like for it.

and the text was abit tricky for that and was the best place to place it that i could find. i had tried a couple of places. but i will see if i can blend it abit better with the text

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
It looks as though you used a white filter over the entire thing to give it a sort of glow effect but in my opinion it isnt working. It makes the entire signature look washed out. The text is hard to read and the font is too masculine for that type of render. Aside from that, you have it right next to her head which can be very distracting. Youre also lacking decent depth in this one. The angels face is barely in focus.

yea i wasnt to sure what to do with this render when i pulled it from the test grounds... it was quite blurred out already and i had to sharpen it some to get it a better quality but wanted to take a stab at a bright image so ill go back and rework that one.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
This one is way too busy. What is your focal? The guy or the emblem on the left? The colors work well and I like the effects but you have two images fighting for the focal which is extremely distracting.

after looking back at that one on another computer i feel like dimming out the emblem and increasing the size of the render might work abit better for this one. i was tinkering with effects on this and kinda had to stop and work on something else for a wile till i got some input.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
I'm kind of curious and thinking that you might be trying to 'design' rather than create 'art' try to make an xbox one advertisement, doesn't matter what size. I just want to see how you do with it. And don't worry to much about it, I used to think design rather than art, you just have to learn to destiny use between the two.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
I'm kind of curious and thinking that you might be trying to 'design' rather than create 'art' try to make an xbox one advertisement, doesn't matter what size. I just want to see how you do with it. And don't worry to much about it, I used to think design rather than art, you just have to learn to destiny use between the two.

ok ill see what i can do.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
The text is completely off. The color doesnt blend whatsoever and the font in my opinion does go well with the signature itself. I feel the flames are overblurred and are actually drawing my attention away from the focal because of it. They also cover too much of your focal.

ok im working on fixing this one but what did you mean by the test is completely off so i know what im fixing with that portion

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Ok first up is the alucard image. you had liked the effects on this one but felt like the focal was torn so i shifted them to be close together so they make one focal

second up you liked had liked this one except the text placement and the blend with the text so i tinkered with it and am having difficulty with text placement on this image. if you have a suddgestion id leve to here your thoughts as text placement i still need work with.

third is the rin okumura sig. the problems you had with this was the color blend and i feel like the blend is better than you might think due to the base render which is attached under it in a link to my photobucket due to the large size. but i did shift the text around and exposed the focal more.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums...ra_rin_pe_satan_flamme_diable_zpsbef87b5a.png

and last one of the group was the first try at a pop out. i replaced the grass with one that has sharper edges and the effects that i had added to the render was the scope glint and a color enhancement originally but i added a soft glow to it on this one and it definitely adds more life to the image it think.

and i will start working on the xbox one advertisement that you want me to try Nugget

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013

ok so here is what i have. from an advertisement point of view i wanted to use renders from the new games but because they havnt come out yet i had to make due with the available ones that are out there

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
ok so here is what i have. from an advertisement point of view i wanted to use renders from the new games but because they havnt come out yet i had to make due with the available ones that are out there

Ok, so you're definantly more art oriented than you are design oriented. The main thing you have to remember is to simplify things. With this piece it's hard to tell what the point of the sig is. There is more emphasis on Marcus and the spartan than there is on the xbox. There are to many colors and to many things going on at once. It might look better if these were split into 3 different images.

Many members have been on a break and we could always use help with sigs. I want to see you try some requests. I don't want you to post any of them without my say so first though. Try to find some requests that aren't filled and do the requests. Post the image you make and a link to the request. If it is deemed good enough I'll let you post it. (This doesn't mean you're on the team yet since it's not up to me, but you're so active you might as well help us out. Doing requests might even help you grow with your art).