Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SUPER BOWL XLI

XGC CouchBurner

Forum Junkie
Dec 9, 2006
WVU
Who will win depends on various factors.

For the Colts to win:
1) Defense must harass Rex Grossman and make he sure he plays like he did in the middle of the season--turnover prone.
2) Peyton Manning must utilize every weapon he has to keep the Bears defense off balance. Notice how he beat the Patriots--mix of runs and short passes, spreading out their defense. He must do the same to the Bears for the Colts to win.
3) Joseph Addai must have a decent game. He does not have to go over 100 yards, but needs 20-25 carries for around 90 yards to wear down the Bears D, so Manning will get opportunites for the big play.

For the Bears to win:
1) Stop the big play--take away the big play and you have taken Manning down to human levels.
2) Grossman must not turn the ball over. The more times you give Manning the ball, the more times he will score. The Bears offense cannot keep up with Manning, so Grossman cannot give Manning more opportunites with the ball.
3) Run the ball, and run it well. The Bears have two physical backs, and they need to run the ball early and often to wear down the quick Indy defense. Get the Colts D tired, and then you will find opportunities to hit Bernard Berriman or Musin Muhammad for a big play.

Who I think will win:
I say that the Colts will win. They finally got the monkey off their backs by beating New England. For the Bears, they never know what form Rex Grossman will be in--his dominating early season form or his horrendous, turnover-crazy form from the middle of the year. The Colts defense has stepped it up in the playoffs, and that may be enough to give Manning his first Super Bowl title.

Colts 31, Bears 17

XGC CouchBurner

Forum Junkie
Dec 9, 2006
WVU
That is true. But the key for the Bears is not their defense. It is Rex Grossman. It's on his shoulders. He plays well, then the Bears have a very excellent shot at winning. Turn the ball over....and it's not gonna be pretty.

XGC CouchBurner

Forum Junkie
Dec 9, 2006
WVU
The key to beating the Saints was Grossman didn't turn the ball over. The reason I keep reiterating the fact Grossman can't turn the ball over is because the defense cannot hold Manning. Check it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=team&sort=ypg&pos=def&league=nfl&year=2006&season=2

Notice who is in the top 6. Baltimore, Chicago, and New England. Remind me who beat Baltimore and New England.

The game is on Grossman's shoulders. He turns the ball over, they will not win. Manning is too dangerous to allow him extra possessions of the ball.

Last edited:

KoG Scorpion

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Il
www.xiledgaming.com
whoa...excuse me..but Manning can be stopped in the playoffs...I think the person who you are defending should stop making turn overs...lemme see...
in his 2 playoff games...2 Touchdown passes and 6 interceptions...Grossman had only one and that was from a dropped pass

XGC CouchBurner

Forum Junkie
Dec 9, 2006
WVU
3 playoff games...and he still won. That's the mark of a great QB. Have a bad game, and still lead your team to victory. Against very good defenses. I know he's turned the ball over. Will he turn the ball over and win again? We don't know. But Grossman is too inconsistent for my liking. What really haunts Grossman is his defense knows he is capable of producing excellent numbers, but he's just as likely to have a so-so or bad game. The pressure from trying not to let his defense down, let alone the Super Bowl hype and pressure, must be enormous.

The way I see it, if Grossman turns the ball over, especially in a short field, the Colts will score, and more than likely win. That's what happened against the Ravens. And their defense is arguably the best in the NFL. If Grossman doesn't turn the ball over, then I think the Bears will win. Also, I posted keys to victory for both teams on the first page. I was never hating on the Bears or Grossman. I was just stating why I would go with the Colts over the Bears. Cowboys pwn all (but let's not worry about them, lol).