Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SPONSER RUMORS

XGC Crusader

Forum Nub
Mar 17, 2007
Northwest
Hey I have been hearing so many rumors about a sponsering of XGC many times and yet i see nothing happening. Alot of people said to ask you and well, I was wondering if there is ever going to be full out sponsership, a selected sponsership, or none at all. A full sponsership is cool but I dont want us ending up like KSI... but I think that we could pull it off in the end. Just wanting to hear the latest so that i can end all rumors with facts.

XGC x0 0 7x XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
SYN XILED KINGS
XGC XILED KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
A, A
www.xiledgaming.com
Hey I have been hearing so many rumors about a sponsering of XGC many times and yet i see nothing happening. Alot of people said to ask you and well, I was wondering if there is ever going to be full out sponsership, a selected sponsership, or none at all. A full sponsership is cool but I dont want us ending up like KSI... but I think that we could pull it off in the end. Just wanting to hear the latest so that i can end all rumors with facts.

What would a sponsorship do for you personally? I don't know what you mean by us ending up like KSI.....but we will never end up like that. I don't know what rumors you are speaking of. Pull off what? A sponsorship? We don't need to try. Plenty are seeking us.

XGC Pentagram

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Wisconsin
What would a sponsorship do for you personally? I don't know what you mean by us ending up like KSI.....but we will never end up like that. I don't know what rumors you are speaking of. Pull off what? A sponsorship? We don't need to try. Plenty are seeking us.

A sponserdhip would make us feel superior to the common non-XG member, but thats about it.

I think that he means we could pull off a sponsership... im not 100% though...

man o man, you really are hard to please! You wont even answer questions until someone answers yours! :)

XGC Kramer

Forum Junkie
Mar 5, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I see...

I think having a sponsored team could help
-people meet IRL
-provide an opportunity for more people to see what a national event is like
(i've only ever been to one, but it was amazing IMO)
-Open players' opportunity to experience a tournament LAN\
-Allow a wider opportunity for experiences
-A chance to flex their own abilities for those who go

and no, XG doesn't need to get it's name out there. XG also doesn't need the people that would shy away from XG simply because there are rumors it's filled with weak players (at least in the h2 community, i've heard it's quite different for some of the other games).

A sponsored team could support the site, and the players as well~ simply because of the added income. I understand it would be a hassle to organize and what-not, but I think it could bring a lot of good.

XGC Pentagram

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Wisconsin
however, we cant really send a team to MLG, because, if I recall Coleslaw's words correctly, any MLG teams that finish in the top number of teams have to sign specifically to MLG, and can no longer be sponsered by their old group

We once had a pro team, and they placed well at MLG, and were taken away by a bigger offer of cash before they even got back online.

S

SYN Corona

Hmm, who knows whats going on.. lol. Last I heard we had 3 still I believe. 1 I dont remember, one with some group making a gaming console, and then travelocity or something that helped with the team a little bit. Weither or not we have thse still, or if we ever did, I have no idea.

But youre right, sponsorships could help, but it would also bring in more work and perhaps more trouble. I mean it'd be nice to see XG start getting to the point that it could so easily be. As far as the pro team goes, I know they dont want one any time soon, but hopefully they will bring it back. XG is definately a force to be reckoned with, and it kills me to not see us have a pro team competing with these guys in KSI, MoB, and all the other places. Also, just because MLG runs things like that, doesnt mean they all do. Theres another one that does it, I cant think of the name right now. Something like CGS or something. Championship Gaming Series or w/e it is. Everyone who's checked it out I think will agree that it looks much better then MLG and will actually give everyone a good chance. So be on the watch out for that as well.

RepressedStar

Forum Member
Jan 15, 2007
In the place, by the thing.
however, we cant really send a team to MLG, because, if I recall Coleslaw's words correctly, any MLG teams that finish in the top number of teams have to sign specifically to MLG, and can no longer be sponsered by their old group

We once had a pro team, and they placed well at MLG, and were taken away by a bigger offer of cash before they even got back online.

wat if we only send the council to be sponsored...that way they dont have to have permission to sign new contracts of anything...and there wudnt be any confussion because they know all about sponsoring

XGC Kramer

Forum Junkie
Mar 5, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Well, that's kinda what i was saying...It doesn't necessarily have to be about skill, it could also be about expanding the experiance for people. It could start with the council members, see if they find it "profound" enough to keep at it and send more people...

There's a bunch of things that could be tried with a sponsored team~ be it a skilled team, or just a variety of members who have earned a chance to experiance something fun (or you could change it up). I sincerely doubt the "skilled" players will feel betrayed by it happening~ i mean, getting just 1 free trip to an MLG event would be astounding. Personally? I wouldn't have a problem if, for example, i was on the team for a single tournament and then i got replaced with the single, worst player on XG. To me, the event is purely fun in itself~
-watching the people play who you've only heard about? Pretty pawsum.
-Seeing hundreds of other halo fans, trying to make it pro? Inspiring.

P.S. I realize i'm dragging this out, and it's possible i'm ticking off somebody. If that's the case, just pop a "Stop", "Shush" or any other message of similar meaning, and i'll cease posting here ^_^ I'm pushing it because i really like the idea (as i'm sure everyone can tell), and because as far as i can tell, nobody is being bothered by it.

XGC Unbroken

Forum Junkie
Dec 9, 2006
PENNSYLVANIA
this actually i just thought of what is with the rumors that we are directly sponsored by bungie. are these rumors true or not cause if they arent. well are they true or not

Last edited:

XGC Pentagram

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Wisconsin
Im almost 100% positive that we are NOT sponsered by Bungie.

In fact, it is 100

You arent the only one Nightz, lots of people ask for a pro team, and what we dont get is how much work it really is. It will happen some day, but for different tournys, I dont recall the tourny that has been mentioned in the past, but its set up mcuh better then MLG

S

SYN Corona

yea double. That would be something good to talk about at one of the Sunday meetings. Getting that kind of **** out. Kind of like the web development team, and design team, have a team that spreads the word of XG basically. Looks for sponsorships, write up proposals, try and get an article in different magazines, maybe even on a tv show like G4. That'd be pretty sick.