Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SNIPER

wicky5

Forum Nub
Jun 5, 2009
Worcester,MA.
Ok,im out of high school and i am for sure joining the army but what i really want to do in there is become a infantry sniper,if there is anyone who could answer a few questions i have that would be great.

-what the training is like
-what you need to score on your tests

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I would worry about getting through basic and then your AIT first. then worry about applying for sniper school and all the rest of the high speed schools.

ELLIS

Forum Junkie
Jan 27, 2008
Clemson, SC
If you really want to know ill list the information for you from past experience:

US Army Sniper school is around 5 weeks long, bout the same for the Marines:

Prerequisites

Must be 11B, 11M, 19D, or CMF 18.

PFC-SFC (Grade waiverable).

Active duty, or Reserve, or National Guard, must have a good performance record with no history of alcohol, or drug abuse, must be a volunteer and be recommended by his commander.

Must be in excellent physical condition (70 percent or better in each event of the APFT).

Must have a corrected vision of 20/20.

Must not have a record of disciplinary action.

Must be knowledgeable of skill level 2 tasks.

Must have a GT score of 100.

Must have qualified expert with the M16A2/M4 Carbine rifle within six months of course attendance.

Normal color vision must be annotated on SF 88, tested within six months of course attendance.

Must have a minimum of one (1) year retainability.

Must pass psychological evaluation (MMPI/CPI) conducted under the direction of a qualified psychologist.

inyoface11b

Forum Member
May 12, 2010
Fort Drum NY
In order to go to sniper school ull have to come in to the army as 11B then once u are at a Infantry Btn You will tryout for Scout/Recon Platoon. Once u get there they will decide if you will get to go to sniper school. If you are motivated and in very good physical shape u should be ok. Just don't give up.

SYN xARMYx

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 5, 2010
Pensacola, Fl.
I've been in the army as an infantry sniper for 3 years now best decision I ever made in my military life but I will warn you it isn't just the training that will eat at you its also the things you will be doing if you do make it through sniper school most people think taking a life is going to be easy but for us it goes a little further than that. Some get used to it and some don't but anyway if you've got any questions ill be more than happy to answer them and point you in the right direction if you do male that decision.

XGC SleepyUrans

Forum Veteran
Jul 13, 2011
Alabama
I totally agree with XGC Army its 1 of the best job to have but it has its PROS & CONS that u'll have to way , u need to be physically fit, mentally strait and alert at ALL times, training is very tough if u do choose to go this route. the first thing 2 do is finish all of ur reg school u signed up for and if u still want to go talk to your (career planner) hes the guy that can swap jobs to get u other MOS or BMOS in the MARINES Hope this helped

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
i would work out constantly like many others say get prepared for basic and AIT, PT test may be the most important part, at least for me PT test is one of the main thing the will either put u ahead or draw u back from others...also have a clean clean clean background not only in the military but in the civilian world