Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PRISON OF ELDERS DISCUSSION

XGC WOLFMAN

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 28, 2007
Winter Park, FL
The Prison of Elders Arena has been fairly challenging to my friends and I thus far. We've only completed the Level 28 and Level 32 Arenas. We tried the Level 34 Arena last night but simply couldn't make it past the final boss, Urrox.

For those who haven't played it yet, the Level 28 and Level 32 Arenas are fairly straight-forward. You can get through it using the basic cover-system tactics used in Gears of War and Mass Effect 3. The only exception is when you've got to leave your little corner to go disarm mines or kill a specific target, but you can send one person (usually a Hunter) to go handle that while the other two teammates hold down the fort.

The reason we couldn't make it past Urrox last night was mainly due to the "Urrox Rage" ability he has where he essentially sets the ground on fire everywhere, meaning that if you're touching the ground, you get injured from it. The Urrox Rage lasts for 9 seconds, which is definitely long enough to kill you. And before you ask, standing on a box or other object doesn't keep you from getting hurt by the Rage.

The only tactic we found when we looked it up on YouTube was to have a Titan in your party open a bubble shield with Blessing of Light or Armor of Light.

My question, to the vast Xiled Gaming Community of 80,000+ registered users, is how to get through the fight with Urrox if you DON'T have a Titan in your Fireteam. I can't imagine Bungie would intentionally make it impossible to complete without a Titan to help you out, so there must be some way to do it.

What tactics have you found to defeat Urrox? And f you've played the Level 35 Arena, go ahead and fill us in on what that's like, since some of us surely haven't gotten that far yet.

Il PH0ENIX lI

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 8, 2012
I haven't been able to complete the level 34 Prison of Elders yet, but I hope to.
(forgive me if you've seen this one) The video basically suggests if you don't have a Titan to do a simple timed jumping technique for Warlocks and Hunters. According to this video, a Titan would sure make it easier, but it is not impossible to win without one.
Check it out.

[video=youtube;vcWy2RRa-H8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=293&v=vcWy2RRa-H8[/video]