Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEEDS SOME INFO IF YOU DONT MIND

Ryanriffs

Forum Rookie
Apr 18, 2010
In JROTC right now thinking of going into the army later on in my life sometime after graduating highschool. if you dont mind could you tell me more about some branches since i havent decided yet. I want to go to Afghanistan which branches should i join to go there and I WANT TO BE ON THE GROUND.

inyoface11b

Forum Member
May 12, 2010
Fort Drum NY
Well for one id say careful what u wish for lol. Ive been there and ive been in plenty of fire fights and lost a lot of friends its not the "best of environment" to say the least. However if this is something that you insist in doing you would want to go 11B Army Infantry and if u REALLY want to get there try to get to FT Drum where im at you'll deploy every other year. I just got back and will be going again by this time next year to Southern AFG.

But like i said be careful what you want research it first if ur 11b in AFG you will be shot at that's almost a guarantee some times its pop shots that turn to nothing some times its a 20+ Hour firefight every day is a guess till its over. Anything can happen.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask or pm me id be glad to show u some videos and such if ur interested.

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
yes, be careful what you wish for. Being shot at is not fun at all. If you plan on enlisting, do your research, ask questions. and talk to people that have done that job.

SYN xARMYx

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 5, 2010
Pensacola, Fl.
Just remember gun fights and war are always glorious to those who've never experienced it first hand. I'm an 11b infantry sniper myself I've seen more than I ever thought I would when I joined but as was said above infantry is your best bet is go with army like I did or the marine corp if airborne isn't what you're looking for. Let me know if you want some pointers getting prepared. Also don't let what I said before be taken the wrong way the army is the best decision I've ever made for my life I wouldn't change a thing about it.

DeF Scumdog CoS

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 2, 2010
WV
Yes I completely agree with you guys. It was the best decision I ever made but at the same time it was completely different than I ever imagined. Please don't take this the wrong way... the military is real and if you get hurt there is no respawn like the games. But if you have thought it through then I am happy for you. And if you do join remember that you have joined in the best experience of your life.

PillowPants716

Forum Member
May 10, 2010
Buffalo new york
Im in the process of joining the army and was wondering if any of you vet's had any tips on how to get in shape for BCT if you can help me out would be very happy thanks send PillowPants716 a friend request if your on xbox live scumdog i know billsfan i think his your general in rebels not to sure tho

SYN xARMYx

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 5, 2010
Pensacola, Fl.
easy man just do push ups and situps and run on a regular basis you'll be amazed at how much more you can push yourself each week of consecutive work outs. try not to do any heavy lifting it's best to build endurance than a large amount of strength.

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
start doing as many pushups and sit ups as you can in two min. then start running 3 to 5 miles at least 3 times a week. and pull ups also. If you want you can do some ruck runs with 30-75lbs. And as was previously stated, build your endurance!

Last edited:

XGC Filters

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 7, 2010
Missoula Montana
Depends if you want to be first in and last out, then I would say go in the Marines because they truly are our first ground strike leaders.

If your looking more towards a occupational force then I say the Army, which I was in. The Army are the ones that try to accomplish what the Marines set out to do when in war or on a peace keeping mission

Go in the airforce if you want a fairly comfy life because out of all the services and military installations that I been to the Air Force really has the nicest and some of the more techinical jobs out of all the services

Go into the Navy if you want to see the world and be away from your family for long long periods of time. My mother is a retired Navy Captain who for much of my youth was away on deployments. Also if you like boats Navy is the way to go.

Why anyone would want to deploy to Afghanistan is beyond me, not that there is anything wrong with being patriotic and serving your country, but you really should take to some Iraq and Afghanistan vets who are back stateside now and they will give you the real scoop on what goes down over there.