Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MLG SPONSORSHIPS

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
Yup, antagonizing people usually doesnt help, haha

The fact Cole said that its not happening now, but doesnt mean it wont happen in the future, is a great thing. Its an opportunity to build on what you know, continue working with your teammates and refining your tactics/communications and hopefully down the road XG will be in a position where they can contribute something.

That going after flys w/ honey saying makes so much sense now...

Fillyy

Banned
Jul 3, 2009
WI
This is all just advice. If they are giving you advice they are trying to improve you. They are still going to be friendly towards you and everything. This conversation reminds me of CnCing a tag. Things get way out of hand because of simple advice.

My Tail

Forum Noob
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago, Illinois
Lmao, you keep sayin him/her that made my day but besides the point just cuz I have a thirty in mlg doesn't mean I don't play them, I faced kog raya xs and a team of generals he brought with him all fifties is mlg and we definately put up the better fight. Another exmple is the gamebattles matches we've all had in the past all are generals and once again we've put up the bettter fight. I can show you footage of a mat hmaking game between our main slayer and the pros ghostayame and cpt anarchy. I will even take this to the actual game and all who want to get skrimmed in halo are challenged. None of you are giving advice sept coleslaw but vryone else thinks they can talk smack about me becuZ of my hihest skill, all I have to say to them is bring it I'm waiting and so is my team.

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
woah woah dont start saying that coleslaw is the only one giving advice just about everyone has given you advice and in a manner to help you and you took it and basically threw it back in our face dont try to rectify the situation by saying coleslaw is the only one...

if one thing pisses me off its disrespectful kids who dont understand the difference between criticism and support within a community...

Keep off the high horse you'll go further in the mlg brackets

L4BYRN7H

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 12, 2007
London
I do enjoy threads like this with a lil banter and people bumping heads for the right reasons and for advice like mentioned, which this all is...

Sorry to say but My Tail with that type of attitude you aren’t going pro anytime soon, you need to learn how to respect those people before you gain it from whom you talk to, especially from you sponsor when that day comes. Going off that this is no way to approach XG or any sponsor if this is how you gonna go about it so take the advice and stick with it and your GOAL to go pro, no harm in that and you trying to find one.

Another thing Sponsors don’t want to hear your teams good or that they CAN be pro, they want to see the facts before going anywhere with anyone/team. Any team can prove they good by beating another but the strongest are those who stick together and act as ‘’TEAM’’ and still be a winner no matter what the result is but to make sure you have fun at all times which is why it’s called a ‘’Game’’ in the end.

From my experience they look at where your team lies at that point, if they representing online or at Lans, what type of players you are and more... Not what Rank you have or how good of a player you are, it’s all a team thing which I’m pretty sure you know...well hope so lol... I’m not saying your teams not good but you need to look at this alot bigger than you have. Not to mention having a 50 in MLG is one thing and keeping up with the pace of players in that bracket is another.

A start would be to keep up with the best by going out and taking part on ladders like GB ect which you already doing im sure, also try taking your team to any local events/MLG to see how you do first and how you and mingle as a team on ‘’Lan’’... also a big difference from Online and a total different game.

You aren’t gonna get sponsors by going about telling people that you and your team are good and could be pro!

Big difference from them both seeing sponsors look at angles which half the kids out there don’t even know for a start. For them its not always about the fun and games its more about business not a game which is why they want to see you and your team taking part in events, winning ladders and playing around the best players in the world in pro bracket before they even look at sponsoring you. Remember when you get sponsored you represent who you play for and to enjoy what you doing!

Anyway good thread, seems you have advice from all angles here and if you where clever you’ll sit back and take it ALL, like Colesaw said no one’s here to blag you off but instead to assist you on what you and your team want to achieve.

Best of luck with this!

Ow and Hi Bo Jangles!... long time since I’ve seen you at church! Lol for those who know what that mean ill see you there...

L4B

XGC Cluv

Forum Junkie
Feb 23, 2007
Texas
I know what that means! lol Oh and in the past when XG sponsored people it was XG ELITES! WHOOT Me and jangles were on that. I do agree with Jangles tho get your level up to a 50 and play those guys for not only practice but just to have it on your resume. Because a sponsor will take a 50 in MLG more seriously then a 30. But level doesnt show skill I have guys that dont care about their level but play like a 50. And just keep practicing on gamebattles cause I use to have a huge ego after being on XG Elites in halo 2 but when halo 3 started up and I played on gamebattles it was a very humbling experience. Good luck

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
hey it's nice to see everyone chiming in on this one... it's also cool to see people from other communities able to come here and add other points of view (as well as a neutral perspective)... once again, i'm here to help ask away...
ps i talked about being cautious of big egos in the pro gaming circuits... i meant it...

L4BYRN7H

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 12, 2007
London
lol well i gotta check up on good ol XG once in a while so im glad we've been able to catch up with old friends! :) when i saw this it caught my attention straight away and i couldn't help but to post what we've seen and come across in the past so i hope it helps... ;)

XGC MuRkEn

Forum Star
May 27, 2007
Colorado
Wow, I somehow ended up in this thread but just learned alot. I have a quick question too. Do all the same rules apply pretty much to CoD MW2? Cause me and some other friends who have been gamin EVERY night for the last month and have only lost 3 matches out of 300 (not exaggerating). We just started a gamebattles team but yet to play matches yet cause we still been running through tactics and back up plans for matches. We are all very serious on taking any steps needed to progress.

I really liked what Nv said about the team part. What advice I can give is that, Individual skill is not as important as the team skill! I Have seen teams that are just ballin and will run through anyone but if you were to play any one on one, you would win. A team with chemistry, trust and communication will go alot farther than a team with JUST skill!

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
100% agree with the stuff said about teams... the council used to have one hell of a halo 2 team, we weren't all the most skilled players, but we knew each others every move, and could almost always win (when we weren't being stand-byed...)

as for the pro stuff, if we would start something up in the future, i'm not sure what game, and how many games we would compete in... of course the big two choices would be halo 3 and MW2... but there are a lot of factors that would come into play and i'm not even going to speculate on what the future holds at this point, because there's no telling...

if it's any consolation, I, personally, am interested in pro gaming, and the pro gaming circuits. If i see or hear an idea that would be good for XG, i would jump on board and talk to the other council about an opportunity. whatever happens in the future, will just have to be a good fit for XG and what we are about. right now that is not the path that XG needs to go down... we want to take care of all of our gamers, not just pick out a few people that are more skilled than others, and put all of our time and money into them... we care about everyone in xg from the privates to the council (i just gave myself a hug)...

XGC MuRkEn

Forum Star
May 27, 2007
Colorado
Oh wow stand-byed! that brings back memories and the reason why i quit halo. Im sure it no longer goes on but its been too long to attempt to bring those skills back I once had in halo. Thanks Coleslaw for the help, but one more Q. Know how to find local LAN tourny's? I tried to go to MLG but they dont even have a MW2 circuit up (atleast on my comp lol)

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
well it depends on where u live. (and it's always good practice for aspiring pros, because LAN functions way different than XBL play)... i'd say look for tourneys in your local newspapers, look on craigslist, and look on mysapce and facebook.

Find out if you have any LAN centers in your area, and find out when they have organized tourneys. There's really no 100% way to know about every tournament. most local stuff like that relies on word of mouth to get around.

i don't know where you live, but keep your eyes and ears open, and tell your friends the same... also if you have any colleges in the area, they sometimes have clubs/groups that organize tourneys... also check with your local gamestop. if there is a big gaming tourney coming near you they should know about it.

Also use XG to help find out... find some people that live in the same state/area that you do and share and relay info with them. I live in Pittsburgh, if you are near that area let me know, and i'll share info with you.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
cool what part of PA?

LAN parties are fun and essential for someone who wants to go pro... not being online has a different feel to it... it really does... i've seen people that were awesome on XBL then i met them at a LAN and they just didn't cut it... also LAN has a different pressure on you... it may be little but you feel the pressure having real people around you... it's also cool because the people that talk a big game have to back it up, or they look really foolish

XGC MuRkEn

Forum Star
May 27, 2007
Colorado
Well I originally moved to Philadelphia area by Temple University, but then moved to Upper Merian area for basketball.

Yeah, on LAN its a little fairer due to the fact of everyone has an equal connection. Some people think they are amazing but its cause they get host alot and have better connection. I agree with you totally. I love that feeling though having people watching and having to "show up" not just talk ha! We have to play NHL 10 sometime

XGC Caviezel XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Jan 2, 2006
WI
We talk about sponsorships for a team. What about getting sponsored as an individual player. This way there is less stress on the sponsors point since it is just one person.