Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LIEUTENANT'S CLAN ROLES

Xx Mr Bill xX

Forum Junkie
Dec 10, 2006
Cleveland, OH
www.coldfusionlc.com
Now, I know Lieutenants are peons in any XGC clan, but I sometimes wonder why. It seems to me that it would be more beneficial if they could have member privileges. They are supposed to be there for a captain if they can not hold a squad meeting. How are they supposed to send out a message for that if they have Peon privileges. Its a pain in the a** to type text messages over and over and its no fun to try and rush everything in to a voice message. Also, if I am correct, a Lieutenant can read the honor code to a new recruit without a captain being there, but how are they supposed to send a clan invite, it kind of hurts the whole recruiting process.

My general told me that technically, lieutenants are the ones who are responsible for recruiting in a clan. Don't get me wrong, everyone from privates to generals gets new recruits for the clan, but if thats in their role shouldn't they be at least able to send a clan invite? Its not like a lieutenant could remove anyone in the clan with only member privileges, only invite and send messages.

Thats just my two cents. Hope you take this into serious consideration.

- Mr Bill

KoG Virtigo

Banned
Mar 16, 2007
Alabama
I agree with you on giving lieutenants member status but if you can't make people peons it eventually makes the lieutenants member's status no big deal since some people may get away with having member status and thus member status is no longer special.

S

SYN Corona

Alright guys. Lets see if I can shed some light on this issue for you. Im the Section Leader over the Syndicate. We were allowed to give people member status over here. So we gave it to liutenants, and sergeants that generals thought they needed it. As we started to grow, and as we progressed on our journey to the top, the member status led to more problems then it did anything else. First, there is such thing as member locking, where a member can obtain overlord, then youre screwed. But more serious then that is this. If you want a successful clan you need to be focusing on quality not quanitity, if you focus on quality, the numbers will come. A member can send clan invites, but honestly everyone needs to buckle down and recruit properly, something a captain should be able to do. Its like building a house. If you want a big beautiful house, you have to have a great foundation started. A good, solid foundation. Once from there, you can build up no problem. But if you just try to build it big off the get go, your house will crumble. You need to be recruiting properly, bottom line, and I personally dont believe that every liuteant is ready to do that, especially since they'd recruit them, and cant make them peon, so now you have all sorts of members. If the captain is away, just spread the word to a couple guys in your squad, have them do the same, and so on and so on!

KoG HotShot

Forum Star
Dec 11, 2006
I Don't Know
Also there should be no reason for people to need the member status if your captains and generals are on daily, all you have to do is message them saying I have a recruit and I am sure they will be more than happy to come help out. And like Corona said the member status may have a positive influence at times but for the most part its bad. When you get member locked, the person who did it had an atomatic overlords position in the clan and he can remove anyone he wants from the click of a button on his computor. It has happend to one of my clans before. Not fun.

XGC Pentagram

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Wisconsin
if your captains and generals WONT come and help, then something is wrong, but they should come. thats the whole reason that they are given permission to send invites, they have shown that they think about the good of the clan, and not whats convienient for them.

XGC Unbroken

Forum Junkie
Dec 9, 2006
PENNSYLVANIA
lieutenants with the recruiting thing is like im a captain so ive done this before. i was dealing with a minor issue and someone came to me with a recruit i asked my lieutenant tp read him the honor code them bring him back. its by this that your general most likely means lieutenants recruit because many captains have things they attend to and the lieutenant will read the honor code to them to save time for the captain i have seen this done i have done this so i think thats basically what he means

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
yea i think Lt shouldnt have member because its really not that big of a deal when i was Lt i didnt care becasue i was almost alwyas with my captain so he just sent them the clan invite when i found a recruit

XGC Unbroken

Forum Junkie
Dec 9, 2006
PENNSYLVANIA
yes but you have to remember there are clan hitter that grow in the ranks and it could be much worse if they member locked then bam all of a sudden all ur staff is gone to and you have to start with a brand spanking new clan

XGC x0 0 7x XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
SYN XILED KINGS
XGC XILED KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
A, A
www.xiledgaming.com
Sounds like this question has already been answered. Not to sound rude but, it is not up for discussion either. We have been running clan's and HALO 2 clans for to long. It is what it is.

XGC x0 0 7x XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
SYN XILED KINGS
XGC XILED KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
A, A
www.xiledgaming.com
By the way you all do make good points but we want you as a LT working with GEN and Capt's. TEAM. That is what we are working for. What if there weren't a crappy clan list too. It would not matter then would it!

S

SYN Corona

Exactly, if its not broken, dont fix it!

Im not 100% sure what member lock is, all I know is that somehow, someone who has member can some how obtain over lord, then youre screwed!

Which is why we are so picky on giving member out and must only be given to those that will be trusted in using it correctly...
My clan was hit by this very same reason and for it to happen was beyond me? we still to this day dont know who it was or how it happened and going off what Corona said if someone can member lock themselves it can really screw the system, so having privelages restricted to certain members is the only way to hold control over you clan!!

Xx Mr Bill xX

Forum Junkie
Dec 10, 2006
Cleveland, OH
www.coldfusionlc.com
Meh, thanks for the response, I was just wondering. My lieutenant and a few others were complaining because they had recruits but no one was on to send em an invite for a few days. I'm on almost every day, but I just can't be there when everyone needs me all the time. My general is a general in at least one other clan that I know of, he is just here to help us. Hell, he only has staff privileges, we haven't had an active general with overlord privileges for about a month now at least because they keep leaving. I guess it really only effects my clan and maybe a few others cause we just got around 3 new lieutenants and there have been so many squad changes and people leaving that its just a tough time when most of the captains can only be on late nights aside from myself. Looking at it, it seems to be only a situational thing.

Thanks for the input everyone.

KoG HotShot

Forum Star
Dec 11, 2006
I Don't Know
No problem, but it was really Corona who cleared everything up :). And now to explain member locking to you all. Member locking is when a person with the member privlege can automaticly make himself an overlord in the clan. The person has to alter their conection then do something steps with creating and leaving other clans, I am not going to reveal the complete steps for soul purposes, then they get a clan invite from someone in a real clan EX KoG XGC SYN, when they join it shows them as a member to everyone in the clan, but they are wrong. From the minute he joins the clan he is an overlord. He can not be removed or booted by any member or or clan position even another overlord, it say "you do not have permision to do this." At this point the "clan killer" can A boot everyone out from his xbox or computor or B hold the lcan hostige. This is why it is so essentail to play and to get to know your members before you send them a caln inv!

SolarBladeZero

Forum Nub
Mar 6, 2007
Colorado
I agree with not giving us lieutenants membership status. That whole member lock thing would just kill us for a few reasons. Besides for my clan we usually have at least one captain on or the general.

XGC Pentagram

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Wisconsin
The member lock thing would be a hassle, but if your generals are doing their job and keeping a squad list, getting your clan member locked and held hostage or hit isnt that big of a deal, you just have to go and make a new one, and invite everyone back. Plus, even if new recruits arent on the list, they should have been told about the website, so if they are dedicated, they will go and look online and find a way back in.