Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LATTEST SPAM MESSAGE

sidandgeno

Forum Nerd
Nov 15, 2009
Arizona
Now I do have a complaint about of the spam messages that I have recieved over the last few hours. Not because of the message itself but instead because of what was at the end of it. Now I know that I am not the only one that feels this way as my entire clan members have voiced there displeasure. Since when does spamming a message become a promotion requirement?? I was a section leader before I left XG and came back and I know that even then it was never like that so I would like to know when spamming messages became a direct requirements for a promotion? Like I said im not complaing about getting all them messages but when I have a entire clan coming to me asking why if they dont spam messages they wont get promoted then I have a issue. Any guidiance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

XGC REDNECK XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Nov 27, 2006
kentucky
Generals and higher accept the responsibility amongst many other things when asked if they will accept a promotion.

10. Communicate in game and on the forums by spamming messages that are passed down from the XG leaders.

http://www.xiledgaming.com/forum/cmps_index.php?page=xgcrank

Here is a quote from our rank structure in red. Also a link to the rank structure.

Our stream line of communication is a major part in what keeps us better than the rest. In a community this large it is easy for someone to miss information if everyone doesnt do there part and pass down information. Lower ranks are not required to spam messages, however if they aspire to one day be a leader in our community it is a good thing to practice.

This should help your members understand the reasoning.

XGC JO3 D33R XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
XGC CHARLIE CO
XGC BAD CO
Feb 18, 2006
NY
Thanks for Coming Foward XGC RUFUS and asking a question that some other people might have been asking them selves.... But the Awnser that Redneck gave pretty much is how all the current Section Leaders to the Council.

ELLIS

Forum Junkie
Jan 27, 2008
Clemson, SC
How all the current section leaders, to the council feel about spamming messages. This is how we communicate, if we dont spam these messages to each other and to our friends on the site or XBL or PSN, then someone will be left in the dark. We have over 40,000 members, thats huge.

XGC ArcticDeath

Carpel Tunnel
Mar 31, 2008
Umm is it possible to tweak the spams a little so we are not getting the same spam from all 60 to 70 xg members we have in our friends lists. Like community leaders spam to division leaders who in turn spam to section leaders who in turn spam to generals who in turn spam to there clans. Just a thought.

XGC ArcticDeath

Carpel Tunnel
Mar 31, 2008
Dont misunderstand my post. Its not a complaint. If it werent for the spam messages I would have missed out on some vital information. Communication is key to success. Just wondering if it could be tweaked a bit.

ChangeOfMandate

Forum Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Wellington, Ohio
Why not go over it in meetings? I personally don't read any spam message in my inbox, and most of the time delete it. Spam isn't an attractive way to start a message, and is usually associated with unneccessary messages, usually with advertising. It's not appealing, and alot of people just delete them. Spam shouldn't be a requirement, as it's not a prime way to communicate. Maybe being able to discuss it dynamically with your squad/clan/section, would be a better requirement.

I personally, dislike Spam messages.

Most meetings have been completed before these "spam" msgs have been sent out therefore no1 would recieve any of this info unless the spam msgs existed.. so if you want to say outta XGz Loop then you wont be bettering your Division much or yourself as a Leader within this community.. Communication is Key for us to get things done. Yes there are ways we could get spam Msgs out. But we haven't just yet.. so SPAM AWAY :)

XGC Olde Fogy

Forum Nub
Aug 14, 2008
Storden, MN
In my short tenure with the community, I have seen this subject SPAM as a reoccurring topic. Yes,
  • Spamming is frustrating
  • The more XiledGaming members you have, the more duplicated messages you get.

It was pointed out in previous post, Spamming is a part of a Generals accepted responsibility. I can not argue with that but I will say this; As per the information taught in the Generals class, the following facts are a stable within our community and we are failing to use it effectively.

1. The CLAN FORUMS is the centralized local for your clans to communicate.
  2. Private Messaging is one of five ways to communicate with clan.
  3. Our primary form of communication is XILEDGAMING FORUMS.

The reoccurring theme here is the FORUMS = COMMUNICATION.

If you have a thread marked for information, keep it clean of "THIS or THAT" games. If you have a thread for "Meeting Notes", keep it clean from people talking about what color car they bought and other stupid nonsense. And inform those who post junk in your threads that the purpose of the thread is not games/junk.

DONT PROMOTE PEOPLE WHO ARENT ACTIVE ON FORUMS. Also make sure that during the recruitment process your people emphasize the website and its importance just as much as their Kill/Death ratio.

YES there is a better way to do it, we just ARE NOT DOING IT. With the advent of cell phones, PDA's, IPhones, laptops, personal computers, pocket computers, office computers, Internet cafes, library's...there is not any reason people do not have access to the web. You tell the average person about something cool or funny on the net, they find a way to see it. If you tell someone about a dating site or half naked bodies site...they find a way to see it. If people want to be promoted, they will FIND A WAY TO BE ONLINE. Then we can use our forums, visitor messaging and private message system to communicate and rely less on the SPAM.

BTW, before I became a Lieutenant, I had a total of 1 post. I was told that the forums were critical if I wanted to grow within the community. I hated online forums and I stressed that I wanted to game, NOT POST. But by accepting that promotion, I had no choice but to DO MY JOB. I believe if we recruited correctly, trained correctly and promoted correctly, SPAMMING wouldnt be an issue.

People need to do their job correctly, be held accountable or step down.

**** OR GET OF THE POT as my grandfather would say.

A final thought on the subject is this, XBOXLIVE messages last a max of 30 days. In addition, you can only hold so many messages before they delete themselves. I get a SPAM, I immediately post it in my FORUMS (For Your Information thread), I then make an addendum to my meeting notes for my Captains (we meet formally 2x's a week), I verify if it is a repeated post, and then I spam it out to who needs to see it. The point is this. Not every SPAM is worthy of the title, some people put SPAM on things "just cause". True spams typically circulate in abundance. I hold my Captains responsible for reading the threads as much as playing with squads. COMMUNICATION is KEY but effective TRAINING is TANTAMOUNT to COMMUNICATION.

Last edited:
Reactions: CGE BioNexus CA
@UrbanAssault,

I respectfully disagree with you, instead of deleting the spam messages it is important to pass along the message to your fellow XG members, but most specifically your clan. For the members whom have been with XG for a few years, some of the messages seem repetitive in nature, but to the recent additions and new recruits this is often new information at times. Also spreading information about various game nights and tournaments helps out your fellow XG members in getting the word out about events they are hosting or organizing for the community. These messages should just reinforce what you are discussing in your weekly meetings.

I agree sometimes the messages sent out on XBL doesn't allow you to provide as much information as possible in comparison to a live discussion, but it is the current form of real time messaging that our community uses for members whom are not able to access the website and get the information from announcements, PM's or meeting notes.

For those that do not know, the easiest way to rebroadcast spam messages is to use the xbox.com website where you can copy and paste the message and select the members you want to send to or type in the names of those that may not be on your friends list.

Additionally we as Generals are leaders and thus should lead by example. If we fight the system and fail to follow our duties as assigned, then don't be surprised when your members follow suit and do the same.

Reactions: CGE BioNexus CA

XGC JO3 D33R XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
XGC CHARLIE CO
XGC BAD CO
Feb 18, 2006
NY
What an Active Thread on Spamming and communication, and its in my Personal Forums I am So proud.. even if I didn't start or added much to it..lol But you are correct OLD Foggy and if you use all 5 tools to communicate not only will your clan BE knowledgable but they intern will do the same when they become Generals one day..so Keep up the good work communicating is the KEY TO XG's Succesus

XGC ArcticDeath

Carpel Tunnel
Mar 31, 2008
I agree with XGC Olde Fogy an he does make an excellent point. We need to use the forums for communication and hold our leaders accountable to forum use. With all due respect XGC Blunt not to be blunt but the gamer is the one paying for his/her xbox live account not XGC and if I feel spams are a thorn in my side then there are others too that feel that way and you need to respect the gamer and understand that spams do get out of hand.
There are times that I dont spam out messages cause I got the same one from all 67 people in XGC that are in my friends lists and so did they. It becomes an annoyance.
An annoyance that can turn people away from XGC cause we are flooding thier account that "they" own.
The forums are paid for by XGC and should be our line of communication with XGC.

SYN_BLUEDOG

Forum Junkie
Feb 25, 2010
Texas
Maintaining and utilizing the chain of command in the communication process is the easiest way to streamline the whole system. If everyone is sending everyone the same message the forums get bogged down with unneccessary clutter.