Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I WANT YOUR OPINION ON A NEW IDEA FOR XG...

I WANT YOUR OPINION ON A NEW IDEA FOR XG...

• Yes, I'd be an avid fan!

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Yes, that sounds like a great idea and I can help put it in motion! (PM me if this is case)

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Sure, it sounds like an OK idea, but I'd probably only get around to it on seldom occasions.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No, that's a bad idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Bragg, NC
Ok, so here's the skinny. I know I'm new to XG, but surely you'll understand that sometimes fresh minds have some great ideas sometimes. My idea is this... start a youtube channel for XGC (and possibly XG as a whole).

Any of you who are familiar with "Machinima" may understand what I'm talking about when I throw the idea of XG having it's own channel, but with 45,000+ people, this thing could take off like a rocket! I have an HD cap card and a little experience working with video editing/production, so I'd be more than willing to take the lead on this. If enough people say yes to this, I'm going to send it up the ladder to the higher-ups and see if I can get the green light on this. My idea is to maybe once or twice a week feature a clan on the channel by attending their session(s) and recording some of their sessions and maybe putting a commentary over it where I'm basically interviewing the general of that clan. Talk about their focus as a clan, their activity in ClanCompete, their star players and new ideas their looking at taking on with their clan. Anyway, use the poll, leave some feedback and let's see where this goes. Thanks in advance to those who will share your opinions in the polls!

Galactus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Bragg, NC
Forgot to mention that I'd feature individual players, as well! A lot of XG members make their own montages, so if we could get a huge following, posting their work on this channel would be like an XG sponsorship, in essence. Pretty sweet deal, if you ask me.

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
highl1gh7 sounds bitter?

Thats what happens when you get as much experience in the clan as me lol
at a low rank anyways lol

I dont believe clan compete has one unless they just set one up but i'd say just do the channel and all that anyways and if anyone wants to help you then make a social group outta it

XGC Axecident

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 14, 2009
Xiled Gaming Forums
i know TFLEM was working on some youtube stuff for Clan Compete..
but i dont know if it took off or not..

i want to know where the CC Matches wound up to be posted, cuz i had one they recorded i want to check out :p

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
I know XGC TFLEM XC is currently working on an XG COD BlackOps montage and has solicited the community for video submissions for inclusion. I suspect the final product would be hosted on YouTube which could possibly be the birth of the XG channel?

He doesnt care about something like that lol
he'll just keep doing "Montages" haha

Galactus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Bragg, NC
I'm down. I know that somewhere in the clan, there are people who are willing to help out. But if XG is as much of a moving force as it seems to be, it needs to have a youtube channel. that's the only way that EVERYONE is going to know who XG is.

Last edited:

XGC Kramer

Forum Junkie
Mar 5, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I think if you want to have something like this work, you'll need to just get someone who says "Go for it", and you'll need to use your own resources to piece it together.
That means advertise to generals via the forums, to have them spread word.

Sample people's footage (in the case of H:Reach, look at things people ask you to sample), and download what you think is worthy

etc etc.

I doubt anybody'd be against it, just a matter of you putting in enough loving to really make it into something big. Best help you could get is offering to host montages other members have made (Such as the video TFLEM sounds like is making) on the page.

Galactus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Bragg, NC
Sounds good. I can do that. I have a ClanCompete match I'm in tonight. pull it up tomorrow from my recent games and probably post the footage. If my team wins, that is... I don't know anything about our competition and I'm new to the team, so here's hoping.

XGC CookeMnster

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 19, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Let me know if you need some help editing videos, or anything, I have the same HD PVR as you. Also, I can help cut and render, I am trying to get my 1080p 25-29 Frames per sec setting to work with adobe. Hit me up on here, private message, or just send me an XBL friend request.

P.S. XGC Roughnecks have a youtube channel and am working to get videos up on it currently!

Status
Not open for further replies.