Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I AM THINKING

KRAZY KYLE

Forum Star
Dec 14, 2008
North Carolina
I am thinking of going in to the military when I am older. But I am not certain on what branch I want to go into. I have been hearing many options and many points, the bad part is the things I have been hearing could or could not be bias. So if you all do not mind giving me some information on what would be best to go into I would gladly appreciate it.

KRAZY KYLE

Forum Star
Dec 14, 2008
North Carolina
I have heard some good things about the air force but I also have seen many other things good about each branch. I looked at each one but the only things I saw on them were the good things and I think I might need to know some of the negative things so I know what I am up against.

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
if you are in high school, then you have plenty of time to decide. You get what you put into the military. The branch of military you join will depend on your personality, your drive and what you want to do. Every branch has much to give. So do your research. military.com is a good place to find information. And there are plenty of young troops, active duty and veterans in the community here. So if you ask the questions they will be answered.

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Well since you have 4 years till you can join, that is a long time to figure out what branch, and if you want to join. I had 3 years of JROTC in hs, it will help familiarize yourself with the military, and the branch that you are a junior reserve officer for. So basically keep your nose clean and your head in the books.

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Every career has its ups and downs. My job kept me away from home the majority of my career. But I got alot out of it, many experiences both good, and bad. People just need to remember the needs of the service come before theres.

KRAZY KYLE

Forum Star
Dec 14, 2008
North Carolina
Well I feel like I will be more than dedicated to the military no matter what it seems right for me and will focus on those certain needs before I decide on which branch I go into.

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Well keep your eye on the prize and youll be there in no time. You sound like youll be a good troupe, and dont let anything stand in your way of attaining your goals.

XGC SILVERTIP

Forum Veteran
Aug 12, 2007
Fort Campbell KY
the military all has its ups and downs. It also depends on your job some ups i have seen in my career as a soldier for 10 years now. AIR FORCE- better food and living quaters Army trying to catch up but the deployments suck WE do 1 yr while the airforce does 6-8 months. The Marines are disciplined and push you for everything you have. I havent dealt much with the navy. Everyone does pt gets the same base pay and bah(off post living money) some branches promote slower than others some are quicker. It also depends on you job. like infantry promotes quickly while supply is harder to get pick up in the army. So it all depends on what u do