Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GOTTA LOVE THOSE PJS

XGC Amun Ra

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 26, 2009
Lompoc, CA
So for those of you that don't know, I'm now officially signed with USAF for 6 years as a PJ, aka pararescue. Gonna be a hell of a time!!!!!

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Thatdoesnt mean you will be a pj. It is a two yr long school. I hope you have been doin lots of pt and lots of swimming. If ur not comfortable in the water u won't make it. If you are not ston mentally u won't make it. Build your endurAnce now while u can. Swim every other day if not every day. Grab a rucksack or backpack and toss some weights in it and start running 2 to 5 miles.work on ur underwater swim also. U will need to swim 50 meters underwater with one breAth and don't hyperventilate ur breaths before u submerge. Good luck in ur preperAtion.

XGC Amun Ra

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 26, 2009
Lompoc, CA
Zues i was a USA swimmer for 7 years, got partial scholarships to Texas and Auburn. And i know it doesn't mean i'm gonna be a PJ but i haven't failed a PAST test yet, only been improving and am now coaching the swim sections of the BA Calls. I'm determined and prepping myself mentally for the 9 weeks of Indoc, and the 15-18 months of training. Thanks for the good lucks

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
lol ive seen swim champs fail indoc. the PAST test is nothing compared to what you will be doing.so dont be over confident. its alot different under the water then it is swimming on top in a controlled environment. you will see what i mean when you are in indoc and your mask is being ripped off under water, and your tank valves are unattached; and you have to clear your mask, fix your tank, and fend an attacker. its a different story. but at word of advise. be strong mentally.never quit. and stay calm UNDER the water. The water portion is where the most indoc trainees fail.Many of which where very strong swimmers.dont forget to work on your running; alot...as you will be humping your rucks with you there also. it can be hell on your knees so condition your self now.

XGC V3RDICT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 13, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
Confidence is good, but overly confident will put you in a position of being open to reticule. The instructors will SOAK in the fact that you're this 7 year USA swimmer or what have you and turn it into your worst nightmare. My roommate went in to BE a PJ (Now Security Forces with me, ROFL), you cannot call yourself officially a PJ until you've received the proper training and the privilege to wear the beret. Not saying you WON'T make it but, talking to my roommate who has experience, but unfortunate fell victim to an injury which ultimately got his washed out, was telling me it's mentally stressful beyond anything you have ever or will ever experience in your life and its going to put you in a place you've never been before. Good luck to you, if not see you in Security Forces :\