Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE DUTY STATION

XGC Filters

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 7, 2010
Missoula Montana
Having spent a short time in the Military i was fortunate to have been stationed at 3 permenant duty stations and two schools. Out of those my favorite duty base was Camp Yongin in South Korea it was 25 miles south west of south and was nothing but a small farming community that had the 5th Rok Corp based outside of it.

The camp where i was stationed had two barracks one for the officers and one for the enlisted a small motor pool and mess hall, a common area, and a small commisary with a barber shop. Because enlisted and officers were in such cramped conditions after work rank no longer mattered we ate, drank, and partied together. We were the U.S. Intelligence liason officers to the 5th Rok Corp so when we talked to the Koreans it was always to a high ranking officer who saw us more as equals than enlisted. I had a great time at the base and was sad to leave it.

My least favorite duty stationed was Fort Polk, Louisiana that place was horrible, Hot and muggy, in fact the only thing that is good about Louisana was the food. I actually declined to re-inlist because i wouldn't be able to leave Fort Polk for another year after renlisting. So what was your favorite and least favorite military bases???

DeF Scumdog CoS

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 2, 2010
WV
My favorite was Camp Hovey Korea. I wish I had went there first. My least favorite was Ft Stewart Georgia. Everything about it sucked but there were so many reasons for that.

XGC SleepyUrans

Forum Veteran
Jul 13, 2011
Alabama
My fav. would be Parris Island SC my last station, yelling at recruit's all day, i gave back what i got plus a lil more when i went through boot ,but on the other end of the spectrum.

XGC Orphan

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 10, 2012
well thats hard to choose but just to make the decision best is camp casey, South Korea with the Air assault unit 1/503rd's 'the rock'. The worst is 1-16 INF heavy Mech unit at Fort Riley , kansas

XGC GunNut

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 8, 2012
Portsmouth, VA
Actually Pearl Harbor was my most and least favorite. It sucked being away from family, friends, and the rest of the world. However 75-80 every day of the year was nice, and i went to the beach on christmas and new years day 2011/2012.