Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CONNECTION PROBLEMS? LOOK HERE!!!

CONNECTION PROBLEMS? LOOK HERE!!!

• helpful

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • not helpful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CH HAWKEYE

Forum Junkie
Aug 21, 2006
Ossian, IN
Directions how to change NAT settings from moderate to open when your Xbox 360 says it needs to be done.

First off, to clarify, NAT is either open or closed—there is no moderate really. Don’t mess with those settings. What you DO need to do is open a few specific ports.

So to do that, open your internet browser and go to your router by inputting 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. (If this address doesn’t work, try 192.168.2.1. If neither one works then I can’t help you.)

Once you are in, you need to find the place you can open ports. We have Verizon DSL and an Actiontec DSL modem/router (GT704GW), it was under Security—Applications—and then we had to create a “user rule”. This will probably be different depending on the router you have. If you can’t figure out how to open the ports, either find your router user manual or search online for it. (It took me about an hour to figure this whole thing out, but was worth it in the end.) I had to input a name for the “rule” I was creating (Xbox), and then add each port individually by filling in the type (UDP and TCP are the only ones we are working with for this) and then port start, port end and port map—all three of these categories are going to be the number of the port you are opening. (For example, Port start, 53; Port End 53; Port Map 53 then click apply, and do the next port under the same rule name of Xbox) Open the following ports: 53 UDP and TCP, 88 UDP, 3074 UDP and TCP.

After I had added each of these under my “Xbox rule” I had to choose which of the three things hooked to my router the rule applied to. Check your IP address on the Xbox to make sure you get it right. Then apply the rule and run your network connection test on the Xbox, it should say now that the NAT is open.

[FONT=&quot]Hope that helps!

Mrs. Hawkeye
[/FONT]