Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CO-GENERAL?

XGC Myst3ry

Forum Nub
Dec 11, 2006
Texas
There isn't such a thing as a co-general, but there is something like a first general in the clan, who doesn't have more power, but knows more then the other general, or well should.

XGC Zealot XL

Forum Star
Dec 4, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
That could be true Mystery but just because you know more doesn't mean you out-rank someone.
We went over this in the last General meeting but I'll clarify again.

There is no such thing as co-general in a "I'm better than you" sense.
However some clans use the term co-general in the same sense as someone would use the term "co-worker". This implied teamwork and co-operation.
Using co-general in that sense is of course allowed.

So it doesn't really matter what you call your fellow General, as long as the definition of the term is mutually agreed on and accepted.

XGC arcameli

Forum Nerd
Dec 10, 2006
Rhode Island
THANKS ZEALOT! This whole post was pointed at me calling Aldier my "co-general" but if you guys knew the actual situation you would understand why I could call him this and the way in which I call him this. Aldier and I were roommates at college, were captains together in Kings and were given our own clan to start together (Intrepid). Aldier and I have been in this together since the day we were recruited (Day 1 hour 1) and continue to work very well together to this day. The reason I call him my "co-general" is not to diminish his rank but simply to show that this clan and the work we've done individually was a product of our work together. So if we want to quarrel about the meaning of "co" or why I didn't just refer to him as a general we can. But the point I was trying to make was that Intrepid was a complete partnership (Generals weren't transferred in at different times.)

XGC Aldier

Forum Member
Dec 9, 2006
If people think they need to stand up for me in this case, then please don't. I agree with Arcameli. We work together well. We started Intrepid together. How else do you describe the other general in your clan? He is my co-general in that we work together. We are both generals over the same clan.

If there is 1 person, he/she is the general of XGC ____.
If there are 2 people, they are both co-generals of XGC ___.

This is referring to how the clan sees them and how the workload is divided up amongst them. Other clans should view them as a general of an XGC clan. We are friends, and I would never demean Arcameli by calling him, the "other" general in the clan. That just sounds rude to me. If you want to talk about a problem of putting 1 person of a rank above another, you should focus your attention on the Captain's spot. All Captain's are equal. There is not 1st Captain or 9th Captain. A Captain is a Captain is a Captain.

XGC Myst3ry

Forum Nub
Dec 11, 2006
Texas
Well, what im saying, and I didn't mean for it to sound like im saying that another general who came in or was promoted is below the other general, but I meant that the general who was in there first would know more, and could help that other general get better at his job, kind of like saying a general in training, which is the captain stage of it, but sometimes when the person gets to that position, they don't really know what it's like until they get there, and so then they need help.

XGC Ap0llo

Forum Nerd
Dec 27, 2006
co-operation, co-ordinate, co-relation, co-general. as long as the generals involved agree on their relationship within the clan, it's all good.

XGC SHARP

Forum Junkie
Dec 9, 2006
California
I agree with arcameli and Aldier. Many use the term Co-General in a sense that they have an equal partnership in their clan. It signifies that they are both on the same level.

XGC Dav

Forum Member
Dec 4, 2006
Columbia, Missouri
ok guys i believe that their is co-generals. it doesnt mean anything less. it just means if their is 2 generals in a clan than they both are generals. If one has been in there since the beginning and one came in just a week ago there is no difference. Its like saying Co Chairmen. It just means that there is more than one. But if you dont like to say co general and you think it might undermine your athority than dont use it just say me and so and so are generals of this clan. i mean if somebody says co general they mean no disrespect at all or atleast they shouldn't like i said before its just to say that their is more than one general in the clan that run it and are responsible for the success and/or downfall of the clan.
Peace,
XGC Dav

XxSnowyxX

Forum Junkie
Jan 7, 2007
Canada
I know you mean no disrespect to your fellow generals. just because you know what Co-General mean doesnt mean that recruits know what it is, Learning the ranking structure is hard enough for the recruits you might just confuse them even more by saying Co-General, I suggest coming up with something else to refer your other Generals.

XGC Aldier

Forum Member
Dec 9, 2006
Snowy. If you work with someone, are they not your co-worker or do you refer to them as, that other employee of this company? The prefix "co-" DOES NOT DEFINE A DIFFERENT POSITION. 2 Captains could be co-captains. It is a way of refering to another person of equal status or standing to yourself. If it is confusing to them, then I would question their age as most people who have held down a job (full or part time) or been to college should be able to understand the meaning. It is not a lower rank. It is not a DIFFERENT rank. I am a General. Arcameli is a General. He is my co-General in XGC Intrepid. I don't understand why some people are getting a stick up their *** over this stupid topic. I would argue that people who refer to themselves or the other generals in their clans as "co-generals" probably have better communication and coordination between themselves and serve their clans better than the ones that don't.

As I said before, if you really have an issue with someone thinking or trying to seem better/higher than another person of the same rank, address the issue of Captains.

XxSnowyxX

Forum Junkie
Jan 7, 2007
Canada
I have seen many generals telling people that all generals are the same when someone addresses their other generals too. so if these generals are confused by what a person means, imagine the captains and such.

People think that Co-General is a different rank than General, Unless you want to clearify this with every member in XG, it is just causeing confusion.

Haha we are beginning to sound like children. I understand what you are trying to get at Aldier.

Last edited:

XGC SUPER FAT

Forum Star
Dec 10, 2006
In a Van Down by the River
Generals are Generals, and should show the nothing but respect for each other. You as a general should make sure that you and the other gens in your clan are working together, not trying to out do each other. Not sure if this post is here because of a problem, but me and my the other two Apocalypse gens work real well together.

XGC CUB

Forum Nub
Dec 10, 2006
California
A General has the same say,equal power,and should be respected as any other genral in the clan the same.
The generals work together to help keep the clan running and active.

CUB

XGC SPECTOR

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 8, 2007
Ft. Stewart, GA
www.myspace.com
I'm just glad to see that everyone likes to say the same thing all the time. How many posts does it take to clarify? Not being rude, but it gets old seeing the same thing posted by everybody....the horse is dead....don't beat it anymore...Cheers!