Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CLEAN UP THE SPAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPIC LUCK

Forum Junkie
Jan 14, 2015
Connecticut
Can we please physically remove all these spam posts? Theirs so much spam. It goes on for many many pages. No need to "leave it deleted". Can we physically remove it all?

SFP BULL SD

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 13, 2007
NY-SC
Can we please physically remove all these spam posts? Theirs so much spam. It goes on for many many pages. No need to "leave it deleted". Can we physically remove it all?

We do not hard delete anything you should know this being a moderator on the website. We are all aware of this ongoing problem and dealing with it every day. If you see a spam bot report the post and a super moderator or admin will take care of it. I do agree there is a lot of spam but please believe when I say we know and we are working on it thank you for bringing this up just know every spam bot thread I delete or another supermod or admin deletes we ban them evey time we are working on fixxing this issue.

SFP Touch

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 30, 2012
Lewisville,TX

In order to fix the problem we must first find a base of origin in which country it is coming from. In order for us to collect that data we must allow new bots to be created to fully block the spam bots.As taurus just said all spam is soft deleted we never permanently delete things on the site.

Reactions: EPIC LUCK

EPIC LUCK

Forum Junkie
Jan 14, 2015
Connecticut
Makes sense.. i know we dont hard delete anything, But its just my opinion that we should make an exception to hard delete spam, Why bother keeping it on the page? Its just an eye-sore lol.. just my opinion

Last edited:

SFP Touch

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 30, 2012
Lewisville,TX
Makes sense.. i know we dont hard delete anything, But its just my opinion that we should make an exception to hard delete spam, Why bother keeping it on the page? Its just an eye-sore lol.. just my opinion

Its used for the informational purposes to find the origin of the spam. If we had delete no one will ever see it again. There are ups and downs to being a moderator on the site. No one else besides moderator and up can see them.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
I have been working on various settings and additional ways to prevent spam from making it onto the site. We are lucky in that we have active Moderators on the site daily to be able to help with removing things as it pops up.

It's an ongoing struggle with forum based websites that never goes away as its always there.
Sometimes we are able to prevent it completely for a short time and others we happen to catch it quickly so no one knows its there.

Hopefully it will slow down some now and we want have to deal with it as much.

KoG Jehuty

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 6, 2010
Deland, Florida
www.youtube.com
We could start by banning Chinese oriented clients. There is absolutely no reason why somebody from China would want to come onto a clan website. They have no intention of joining the clans. I ran into this alot when I was hosting my own website.

SFP BULL SD

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 13, 2007
NY-SC
We could start by banning Chinese oriented clients. There is absolutely no reason why somebody from China would want to come onto a clan website. They have no intention of joining the clans. I ran into this alot when I was hosting my own website.

We ban every spam bot that comes on the site and we do not discriminate people or where they are from you should know This already being in xiled gaming in the past. We have many leaders working on this isssue thanks for the input though.

KoG Jehuty

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 6, 2010
Deland, Florida
www.youtube.com
We ban every spam bot that comes on the site and we do not discriminate people or where they are from you should know This already being in xiled gaming in the past. We have many leaders working on this isssue thanks for the input though.

I didn't mean it in a racist or nationalist way, sorry if it came across like that. I was simply stating that the typical spambot traffic originates from russian and chinese web addresses more often than not. I had a few from brazil, but it was easier to analyze and decipher whether the account creation attempts were real or not. I ended up just blocking the traffic so they would have to proxy their way around if they wanted access.

Status
Not open for further replies.