Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ALL NIGHT GAMING -_-

XGC Knightehulk

Forum Tourist
Apr 28, 2010
Oregon
I have the same problem dude, i find that if you are just playing cause your bored you can always try and find a book or just put a movie on and fall asleep to it. I just did that last night and set the sleep timer on my tv to turn it off in 2 hours. That is a great way for me to fall asleep and not feel like all I do is game all night long.

KoG HAVEL XD

DIVISION LEADER
GWG RESEARCHER
XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG EASY COMPANY
X-TEAM
KoG VENGEANCE
KoG HELLHOUNDS
KoG VALHALLA
Tournament Admin
Mar 6, 2012
il
i never sleep lol

XGC BatxMan

Forum Star
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
hahaha you guys a just reading my mind i fell cause i never sleep i always try to goto sleep early but none of it never works haha you should all add me so we can start a night time squad haha

DeadlyOrchid

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 20, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Stimuation from playing video games makes it very difficult to fall asleep. A person should set a time when they would not play anymore. That way you can fall asleep easier. It should be two hours before bed. I really should take my own advice. lol. But I usually stop playing and go to bed when I get a headache. smh

N0H3ADN3D

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 20, 2013
Flat Rock, MI
I agree with blueorchid1. Science has proven that you need at least 1.5-2hrs of down time between gaming and sleeping. Too bad 90% of gamers don't get that.

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
Well I recommend you set a time to wake up each morning. Wake up and get out of bed at that time no matter how much you have slept. Never sleep in on weekends.

Grab a fruit to eat, a big glass of water and 4oz juice to drink. Then do a warm up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warming_up

Do a primary work out after the warm up, which can be just about anything. Afterward eat a protein, and grains breakfast. Keep a clean container of water and don't let it go unfinished or unwashed from day to day. Drink 8oz of water every 2 hours, for a total of 64oz by time you should be ready for bed. Stay active and walking through out the day. Eat lunch about 4 hours from breakfast, and dinner 5 hours from lunch. That leaves 2 hours to play games or whatever, 2 hours to wind down for bed, 8 hours to try to sleep and get rest, and the 3 hours you'll probably spend to wake up and do the workout and breakfast routine.

3 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 8 = 24

Then try these additional suggestions. A sleep routine is not made in a day, it is followed everyday until it sinks in. Enjoy!

"Do not watch TV, play games, or get on the computer within two to three hours of bedtime. Bright screens equal poor sleep."

"Don't stay in bed longer than 20 minutes if you can't sleep. Get up out of bed and actually leave the room and go to a different part of the house or apartment. Tossing and turning in bed can make you frustrated and make things worse."

"Do not take naps during the day even if you are tired. Especially avoid early evening naps. Aerobic exercise early in the day will improve daytime energy and help you sleep better at night."

"Caffeine is a stimulant and is very bad for your sleep. Try to reduce or even quit coffee and substitute with tea, but don't have any caffeine within eight hours of bedtime."

"Nicotine is also a stimulant. Do not smoke cigarettes too close to bedtime and don't smoke at all if you wake up in the middle of the night. Remember that caffeine and nicotine can also lower how effective your medications are."

"It is alright to eat a small snack such as crackers and a glass of milk before bedtime, but try to avoid big meals right before going to sleep."

"Sleep in a comfortable environment. Try making your bed every day so it is comfortable to slip into at night. Try to regulate the temperature to a comfortable level and avoid excessive light or noise by using blinds and earplugs if, necessary. If it helps, you can listen to music at a low volume."

"Do not drink alcohol as a nightcap to help you fall asleep. While it may actually help you fall asleep, the sleep you get is actually poor sleep and it is not recommended. You will actually be more tired the next day as a result."

"If you have pain in your joints, muscles or bones, please consult with your primary care physician or someone that can treat your condition. Stretching or yoga can help this pain immensely. So can warm baths. Stretching is recommended in the morning, a warm bath would be more helpful at night."

"There are CD's that are designed specifically for those that are designed specifically for those that cannot sleep. Some of these programs are excellent - others are not. Try several different CD's before you give up on this idea. Your local library may have some of these and if not you can find them online by searching for CD and "sleep therapy" or progressive muscle relaxation + CD."

"A lot of people have difficulty sleeping when they have a lot of worries on their minds. Try a "brain dump" Grab a notebook, write down every single thing you are worried about. If you feel motivated at the end, you can put all of your worries in different categories. For example: financial, organizational, relation-ship concerns, and things to do."

XGC Afina

Forum Junkie
Jan 19, 2013
Silverhill, AL
"Caffeine is a stimulant and is very bad for your sleep. Try to reduce or even quit coffee and substitute with tea, but don't have any caffeine within eight hours of bedtime."

Well that explains MY lack of sleep lately. I don't think eating chocolate covered espresso beans really have helped in my getting to sleep lately LOL. I normally go to bed round 2:30 most nights.