Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

XGC TRICKBIND

XGC Trickbind

Forum Star
Feb 4, 2008
Michigan
1) GT and user name
XGC Trickbind for both.

2) What type of program are you using?
Photoshop. Is there really any other program? Lol

3) How much experience you have with your program and making sigs
I've been working with Photoshop for about... 12 years now, on and off, and I've been making signatures for about 10 years, on and off. To be honest, these are my first attempts in about 4 years.

4) Would you be interested in transferring to XDC to be in a clan with other, like-minded members who also enjoy designing?

If I can stay a part of my home clan, as well as being a part of XDC, then I'd be happy to join.

VenerealMonkey

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Hello Trickbind, and thank you for applying to the design team! Over the next couple of weeks, I will work with you on fine tuning some of your skills and helping to prepare you for the Design Team. I use CS6 so I can help in any areas if need be

To start off with the app process, go to this link and create a design from each of the last two images posted (the knight and Borderlands) and we will go from there. Make sure to post your finished products in this thread

http://www.xiledgaming.com/showthrea...61#post2830661

I look forward to working with you and can't wait to see what kind of designs you come up with!

XGC Trickbind

Forum Star
Feb 4, 2008
Michigan
Here's the first one. I'll be working on the second one shortly.

ahnu.png

v2
yiow.png

VenerealMonkey

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Here's the first one. I'll be working on the second one shortly.

ahnu.png

v2
yiow.png

Good job on both, here is some CnC. First, try and remember your rule of thirds and not have the focal smack in the middle. If you do put a focal in the middle, make sure it looks better that way and leave enough room for text.
v1- I like the darkness of it over the v2 and the overlay pattern. only thing I would try is to erase the overlay a bit more around the body with a soft brush and 40-50% opacity eraser. try and put a .1-.2 Gaussian blur to the body and keep the head at regular sharpness for a nice depth effect. and if you want to add some more depth, put a .5-.8 Gaussian blur on the background. but overall, very nice on this one
v2-the blue coloring of the face is throwing me off, same CnC as the first other than that.

VenerealMonkey

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
I just want to add, I hated this render. I wouldn't have chosen it in a million years. lol

33mm.png

I like what you did with this one as well, and again, you didn't use thirds, but it works without it on this one. you cant really see the armor so show a little more focal and less image overlays.

one other thing I just realized too, for you Borderlands sigs as well, make sure to keep sig size within size limits, max is 500x200.

VenerealMonkey

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
I am pleased with what you have made so far. One last one for you, my choosing for the render and background. remember what I critiqued above when making this one. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

lights-pictures-explosion-plan-46210.jpg
Gia-render.jpg

XGC Trickbind

Forum Star
Feb 4, 2008
Michigan
I took some of what you said into consideration, and here's what I came up with:

wdtk.png

As a side note, I try to stay as far away from Filters as I can. Sometimes you can't manipulate an image as well as you can with just using your brush work. I will admit, I'll use a lens flare from time to time, when I need a good light source, but nothing else aside from that. lol

VenerealMonkey

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
good work, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't CnC it.

1.your canvas is over the size limit 450x210.
2.there is a whole lot of negative space all out to the left side of the focal. next time, try using a C4D or fractal that fits to fill in the space a bit. third, I am not fond of the text placement. If the text was over to the left side, it would help fill the space and not be so distracting from the render.
3.try not to overpower the design with colors that don't fit, like a lot of yellow as you did in this one
4.to get a good light source effect, use a 300px soft brush with a brighter color of your render on the side where the light should be, in this case the right arm. then place the center of your brush outside of the canvas area with the outside of the brush just inside the sig area for the effect.

VenerealMonkey

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
overall with the 3 images you have produced, I am happy with what I have seen and believe the design team could use you once again as it did before, Cyanide.

I am going to go ahead and give the approve you application to join the team but would like to work with you some more in the future.

I do ask that you try your best to stick to the 2 sigs/1 banner per week minimum. I, as well as the rest of the team, look forward to seeing your future designs and working with you.