Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

XBOX ONE REPUTATION SYSTEM HAS CHEATS AND JERKS IN ITS SIGHTS

CDNBossLady

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 6, 2009
Winnipeg
“If you don’t want to play with cheats or jerks, you shouldn’t have to.”

by Luke Reilly of ign.com

Microsoft has outlined in greater detail its recently revealed reputation system for Xbox One, explaining the specifics of the new system in an Xbox Wire post penned by Microsoft’s Michael Dunn, program manager on Xbox Live.

“If you don’t want to play with cheats or jerks, you shouldn’t have to,” writes Dunn. “Our new reputation model helps expose people that aren’t fun to be around and creates real consequences for trouble-makers that harass our good players.”

Your reputation score will ultimately see you slotted into one of three, colour-coded groups: “Good Player” (green), “Needs Improvement” (yellow), or “Avoid me” (red). Where you sit on this spectrum will be reflected on your gamer card.

“The more hours you play online without being a jerk, the better your reputation will be; similar to the more hours you drive without an accident, the better your driving record and insurance rates will be,” explains Dunn. “Most players will have good reputations and be seen as a “Good Player.” The algorithm is looking to identify players that are repeatedly disruptive on Xbox Live.”

“We’ll identify those players with a lower reputation score and in the worse cases they will earn the “Avoid Me” reputation. Before a player ends up with the “Avoid Me” reputation level we will have sent many different alerts to the “Needs Improvement” player reminding them how their social gaming conduct is affecting lots of other gamers.”

Dunn goes on to assure players the reputation algorithm is sophisticated enough to recognize when it may be being abused, confirming you will not be penalized for a few bad reports.

“Even good players might receive a few player feedback reports each month and that is OK,” writes Dunn. “The algorithm weighs the data collected so if a dozen people suddenly reporting a single user, the system will look at a variety of factors before docking their reputation.”

“We’ll verify if those people actually played in an online game with the person reported – if not, all of those player’s feedback won’t matter as much as a single person who spent 15 minutes playing with the reported person. The system also looks at the reputation of the person reporting and the alleged offender, frequency of reports from a single user and a number of other factors.”

“This system will continue to evolve and get better as we track the feedback we get from players and titles, plus add more consequences for the jerks.”

XGC GDisciple

Forum Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Laporte Indiana
This could be good but also has a down side to it ... I don't think they should really worry about rep and maybe more towards the Xbox live service always going down and other important issues that been around but there to lazy to solve or fix them :)

XGC Wade

Forum Junkie
Jun 21, 2013
North Tex Vortex (Gainesville)
This idea is nice in a perfect scenario but it won't work due to the number of children that aren't mature enough to understand that no people will not stand there when they are attempting to trick shot snipe. I get reported when I have a good game on TDM and never say a word. So we shall see what kind of headache this will cause. Lol

BADA55DIESEL

Forum Star
Apr 24, 2013
San Antonio TX
Like Unreal I have been reported as unsporting conduct because I play game like COD and sometime am really lucky and get 20+ kills and only 5 or less deaths. People then proceed to call me a cheat and I honestly don't know how to do any of these "hacks" I've been accused of. So on the aspect of what I just said makes me a little leary that I might end up with too many bad marks.

XGC Trinity

Forum Nerd
May 3, 2013
Indiana
The thing is if youre reported but did nothing they will know based upon their system of checking your record of being reported. I believe it take a few reports in a certain time frame to actually impact uour rep

XDC EGGY

Forum Nerd
Jun 30, 2013
Gloucester, VA
I get reported a lot and I hardly talk and when I do I'm usually in party chat. a lot of kids just get upset when the get destroyed and sending up a report is the only way they know how to get back at the better gamers

XGC Layzie

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 17, 2012
Juggalo Island, USA
I have been told by many that they report me cuz I have Xgc in my name & clan tag. so yea this system will fail. ppl still dont understand sitrep pro over powers dead silence either. They get mad when I turn on them trying to run up behind me & report me for that as well as using turtle beaches. I think they got a lot of work ahead of them if they are gonna see this idea thru successfully

XDC EGGY

Forum Nerd
Jun 30, 2013
Gloucester, VA
yeah I know I was looking at my rating on xbox live the other day and I have an 86% avoid rate. and Ive only been gaming only just over a year or so. its not my fault when I string 2 or 3 20 plus kill matches in row. sometimes I just have a really good day or I get in a really week lobby

AchievedGerm181

Forum Junkie
May 13, 2013
South Carolina
I share a tag with my two boys. They play with a lot of other young kids that some times will send a complaint over nothing. This will reflect on the player card we share. I was trying to get a family pack to separate us, but it is no longer offered. So I will have to get a online account for each of us-Ouch. This means some one will have to start over with weapons... ugh.

XDC EGGY

Forum Nerd
Jun 30, 2013
Gloucester, VA
I definitely forsee the new report system being abused just like the current one. everyday my avoidance rating goes up. idk how when 90% of the time im in party chat so I know its not cause of how I talk to people. and with the current system people can report and avoid you for being to good. to me that like punishing someone for being more skillful at something.