Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NOOO ITS YETI APPLICATION

nooo its YETI

Forum Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Worcester, MA
1) GT and user name
nooo its YETI (xbox and steam)
2) What type of program are you using?
Photoshop CS6
3) How much experience you have with your program and making sigs:
in the past a year, just got back into it 3 months ago
4) Would you be interested in transferring to XDC to be in a clan with other, like-minded members who also enjoy designing?
already in XDC Awakening

cptamericasig_by_bumoftastreet-d7pvm0s.png

Here is one of the old ones, just saw the 2 recent ones.. I will also put some others on that I have done later on

nooo its YETI

Forum Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Worcester, MA
here are some others of mine.. I like the watercolor/smudge feel in background so it does not take away from the focal point of the sig

Sig:
harryvsvoldermort_by_bumoftastreet-d7pvhm5.jpg

original pic:
a7df9d375256f63f884699a96b76c3c1_view.jpg

Here is a sig that I used multiple files together:
necrosig_by_bumoftastreet-d7pva16.jpg

Attachments

• harryVsVoldermort.jpg
    harryVsVoldermort.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

nooo its YETI

Forum Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Worcester, MA
smudgeysmudge_by_bumoftastreet-d7pyi0a.png

One from your most recent pics to do. Trying to practice my smudge BGs and using different tools like blur and distort. etc etc. Let me know if there is anything you would like to see

SYN STANG

Carpel Tunnel
Apr 7, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
may i suggest the rule of thirds http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds , you have applied this to some but not all the images you posted so far, so just in case. with the most recent one, it looks as if the focal(render) was just simply placed on top of the background and does not really look like its "supposed" to be there or that it belongs there, i understand you were showing smudge, blur, distort, but we need to see it in application.

nooo its YETI

Forum Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Worcester, MA
I understand. Tbh on the last one i did the BG with the render up so it would look like it flows from him but I can see what you mean I will try to fix it up and make it look like it is suppose to be there and not just thrown on there

Jupiter

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 18, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
xgckoneko.deviantart.com
Try working with colors on the actual render. Use your dropper tool to choose different colors from your render that work well together. When you use bright colors against a pale render it tends to keep the render from doing any sort of blending whatsoever. I hope this helps :)

nooo its YETI

Forum Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Worcester, MA
thank you it does it puts me in the right ballpark of the colors i should be using. that will help me keep the right color scheme going. I have always liked the motto Keep it stupid simple.. cause sometimes being to flashy takes away from the focal point. so i hope you guys like these style of BGs cause it is a simple but just flashy enough that many different blur style backgrounds have infinite possibilities to be used

VenerealMonkey

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
thank you it does it puts me in the right ballpark of the colors i should be using. that will help me keep the right color scheme going. I have always liked the motto Keep it stupid simple.. cause sometimes being to flashy takes away from the focal point. so i hope you guys like these style of BGs cause it is a simple but just flashy enough that many different blur style backgrounds have infinite possibilities to be used

Yeti,

Are you still interested in joining? if so, please keep working on and posting designs using the test images.

nooo its YETI

Forum Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Worcester, MA
yea I was actually just waiting for some1 to post to see if they still want me to.. I will take so more of the images from the other forum and make some more.. I will try to post a sig a day for you guys from here on out

nooo its YETI

Forum Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Worcester, MA
yea sorry been a rough few weeks with a disabled father here is one I did for my friend in XDC Awakening. He wanted the new quinn skin used from LoL and his name plus the clan name. I didnt want to names to stand out so much so I dulled them back but still gave it some style so it can still be read properly.

sig_for_friend_jb_of_quinn_in_lol_by_bumoftastreet-d7rr3yo.png

nooo its YETI

Forum Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Worcester, MA
sig_for_friend_jb_of_quinn_in_lol_by_bumoftastreet-d7rr3yo.png

okay so here is the last on i posted just touched up to what the person wanted fixed a little and he(in his words:loves it and is in XDC Awakening) as well as XDC Ichigo critique and approval for what i did

nooo its YETI

Forum Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Worcester, MA
sigfordoomijuana_by_bumoftastreet-d7shvno.png

yea I will try that out. What I will actually do is try an Overlay on two of the layers to give it 1. a darker look and 2. a shadow affect so the orange/yellow glow stands out more. But for now here is a sig that I did for my personal friend who is also on my clan.

XGC Bradshaw90

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 1, 2012
Indiana
Thats kool looking...I would have added more effects and not position him in the middle of the sig. But overall I like how it looks! Keep posting more!
See what Inked Ivy wrote:
.:KEEP UP THE ACTIVITY:.
The minimum is the test images. Do these and you can scrape by. The more "pumpin" your thread the better - everyone likes a good party. We only want to accept people who we know will fill their work quota - I know we get a lovely flashing usergroup banner but you need to continue earning the privelege to wear it

Last edited: