Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEED ADVICE

SYN Unholy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 17, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
So I've been a General for a little over 5 months and I've been through both general's classes and my moderator class. I feel I've done a good job as General but there is always one subject that I feel I can't get across to the members in my clan. Recruiting has been slow for us considering there's only a couple other people that try to recruit besides myself, but I want the entire clan in on the process. I've told them multiple times the importance of recruiting and why we need to do it and I've gone through the process in depth a couple of times, and I've even tried a recruiting challenge where the person that got the most active recruits at the end of the month would get an Xbox gift card. This challenge I still going on and we have a grand total of one new recruit. I've started to become a bit frustrated that they aren't taking this seriously so I though why not use my resources and post here and hear from fellow generals what they've done to get their members to recruit. So please, any advice is welcome please don't be shy, thanks.

SYN Zachman XD

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
THE SYNDICATE
SYN WRATH 7
Mar 30, 2015
St. Louis, MIssouri
So I've been a General for a little over 5 months and I've been through both general's classes and my moderator class. I feel I've done a good job as General but there is always one subject that I feel I can't get across to the members in my clan. Recruiting has been slow for us considering there's only a couple other people that try to recruit besides myself, but I want the entire clan in on the process. I've told them multiple times the importance of recruiting and why we need to do it and I've gone through the process in depth a couple of times, and I've even tried a recruiting challenge where the person that got the most active recruits at the end of the month would get an Xbox gift card. This challenge I still going on and we have a grand total of one new recruit. I've started to become a bit frustrated that they aren't taking this seriously so I though why not use my resources and post here and hear from fellow generals what they've done to get their members to recruit. So please, any advice is welcome please don't be shy, thanks.

Hey Indy,

There will be, undoubtedly, some good advice posted here at some point. I know your Section Leader is SYN Major XS, and I know that he will be able to help you with this issue if you ask and he can help you come up with some more in depth plans if you talk with him on the box but there is a great read that can help with this issue found >HERE< that if you look closely might also help you with this issue. I hope this helps and I am sure that someone else will have some great ideas for you as well!

XGC Buffy XD

Get A Life!
Jul 20, 2015
Thornton, Colorado

Hi Indy,

I've honestly found that the best way to get people to recruit is to lead by example, and making sure it's constantly talked about. Not necessarily just once a week in your clan meeting, but just while being in parties with your clan members and gaming. Giving out specific names of people that are gaming with you and your other members also works really well, I mention gamertags of people we game with regularly so that it's like a seed planted in their mind. Then the next time someone is playing with that person they will remember that you said they would make a good recruit, and at least broach the subject with them. Also, make sure all your members know that you are available to help them, it's not something everyone is good at but if you tell them you can jump in with them and help them out they will be more likely to at least try. Unfortunately, not everyone is going to be a recruiting machine, so be honest with yourself with who is good at it and work with them more on how to recruit - once they have done in a few times they'll take off and you'll be able to rely on them to just run with it themselves. Setting goals is also a good way to motivate people if your recruiting is stagnant, start small and work your way up. Use your captains and lieutenants, if you give them goals each week they can trickle down goals to their squads and that's not only going to help bring in new recruits, but make your squad stronger in the process by being more effective communicators. Tell them how it benefits them personally, if people are looking to move up in the ranks you can explain to them that if there aren't recruits, there's not really a place for them to grow into other than just a sergeant. More members = bigger squads = bigger clan = squad splits and clan splits, and opportunities to become a lieutenant, captain, general, and so on and so forth.

I hope that helps, and feel free to hit me up on the box anytime!