Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HOCKEY TRIVIA

DaBearsA7X0117

Get A Life!
Apr 6, 2009
Romeoville, Illinois
Happy Coleslaw? Let's get some NHL trivia on this forum.

OKK I'll start it off. The Toronto Maple Leafs used to play their games at MAple Leaf Garden. Which team won the first and last game played there?

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
i really don't know... but i'm going to guess that it was the blackhawks and the blackhawks, knowing you... it's ok, most of my trivia will be biased towards the pens...

What are the three current NHL or former NHL players that have scored on the first shot, of their first shift, of their first game, for the pittsburgh penguins?

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
blackhawk was i right or wrong?

the only three that i know of (i don't think that there are more) are mario lemieux, alexei morozov(who now plays for russian super league), and luca caputi (just traded to toronto maple leafs in exchange for ponikarovski[still unsure of how to spell his name])

idk maybe corry perry, i'm not sure their first year as the ducks was 2007 no?

what two numbers are retired from the pittsburgh penguins, and what players wore those numbers?

KoG xFATHOMx

Forum Addict
Feb 18, 2009
Canada, Eh?
66 Mario Lemieux I know that I know the other number is 21 but not sure of the player?

And no, Perry was drafted a while back He was Drafted pre-lockout. Not sure of an exact date.

Name the original six.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
i've made a commitment not to cheat and look any of these up on wikipedia... so i'm going to just guess on a lot of these... i'm loving that people are coming to this thread and giving us questions... these are really interesting and a lot of fun...

i dunno hawkeye... patrick roy?

PS darkfathom was right about the numbers but the player who wore number 21 for the pens was Briere, he was supposed to be a great hockey player, but sadly died after his rookie season...

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
2 inches wider?

indeed the north stars were part of the expansion, but the minnesota north stars and the cleveland barons combined to make on team in the seventies called the minnesota north stars (it was kind of a trick question, but i didn't lie)

KoG xFATHOMx

Forum Addict
Feb 18, 2009
Canada, Eh?
( I hated Giguere that year. ONLY reason the red wings were swept. The Mighty Ducks were outshot like 50-20 each game.)

Who was the captain of The Detroit Red Wings Before Steve Yzerman?

KoG xFATHOMx

Forum Addict
Feb 18, 2009
Canada, Eh?
He wasn't a russian

Ummm, The wings didn't win the cup until the 96-97, 97-98 seasons ;)

But I get your question. I know that Konstantinov was the guy who was injured and forced to retire... but I can't remember the other guys name. was it Kamensky or something like that?