Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GAME WITH FAME INTERVIEW - SYN METAL XS - SEPTEMBER 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC Buffy XD

Get A Life!
Jul 20, 2015
Thornton, Colorado
Want to learn some more about SYN Metal XS? She's the metal music loving trash panda who plays Call of Duty, Rainbow 6 and Fortnite. I got the chance to sit down with her and pick her brain in between waiting for Black Ops 4 and waiting for Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta this weekend. Read on if you want to find out her favorite thing about XG, the movie she's watched the most, and two movies she refuses to watch, and much more!

What was your very first gamertag?
It was Sk8erGirl180 originally, thanks to my dad picking it, but I didn’t want to have girl in my gamertag so I changed it to ApokalypticNERD as soon as I had the money. It was my gamertag when I was recruited into XG.

Tell us your Xiled Gaming clan history since you were recruited, up to where you are now as well as who recruited you.
Recruited by SYN So Samurai into SYN Asylum and then within a week it was changed into SYN Night Crew. Within Night Crew I worked up into Captain and became general of SYN Divergent after we did a clan split. We did a split and went into SYN Ruthless, and then I was promoted to XS from there.

What are a few characteristics that you believe every leader should have?
1. Decision-making ability
2. Knowing when to be professional and when to be a friend
3. Being knowledgeable about your position
4. Be open to new ideas and be able to teach all the responsibilities to the lower ranks

What advice would you give to someone who wanted to move up into leadership?
Don’t give up! It may take time, but if you prove yourself worthy you will be noticed. Ask questions – getting advice from people who have been in that same situation helps. Working closely with all your members will get you where you want to go. Be able to take constructive criticism.

What has been your most memorable moment in Xiled Gaming, and why?
When I first joined I was so excited to meet new people and make new friends, it was the first community I’ve ever been a part of and it was just very special to me. When I was meeting all the higher ups for the first time, it was exciting because it gave me something to aspire to and it pushed me towards achieving my goals.

What is the one thing you try to stress to all gamers in XG?
Don’t take anything personally. Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill. Game with everybody and take advantage of being in a great community like XG. Meet new people and reach out to make new connections.

What is your favorite thing about Xiled Gaming?
The people and the structure. There are great people here that I would be friends with in real life, not just online. The structure is basic and organized.

What was the first game you ever played?
Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Dreamcast when I was 5. My grandma’s brother let me drink coffee and stay up all night so I could beat the level for him.

What made you want to move into leadership?
I’ve always been pro-active in real life and in jobs, I always did the best I could and brought as much to the table no matter what. I love teaching, and XG is kind of like a second job which I like because I like having responsibilities and teaching others.

Has anything in your real life impacted your life in the community?
Having management experience in my real life has given me a lot of tools that I use while being a leader in the community. I’ve always been a social person, I’m easy to get along with but I also know when I need to be stern and lay down the law.

What is your favorite color?
Purple – specifically the pink-purple color that’s on the website, that XGG uses.

What is your favorite retro game? (Before Xbox 360 era)
Donkey Kong and Pokemon.

If you could meet one person, living or dead, who would you want to meet?
Rob Flynn – lead singer of Machinehead. I’ve seen him in concert but haven’t got to meet him yet.

What movie have you watched the most times? What movie do you refuse to watch?
10 Things I Hate About You. I refuse to watch Sharknado or Human Centipede.

Community Questions
What is your favorite Metal artist/band?
Machinehead.

What is your favorite Metal artist/band shirt to wear?
Whitechapel t-shirt that I bought at a concert, it’s like a skeleton sitting in a throne with Whitechapel written across the top.

If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be?
Ryan Reynolds (as Deadpool).

Cucumbers or Pickles?
Pickles. Dill pickes though, not sweet pickles.

Grapes or Raisins?
Grapes.

Would you rather listen to random musical nonsense or listen to the same song on repeat 24/7?
If by random musical nonsense you mean a lot of different genres, then that. If I had to listen to only one song on repeat for 24 hours, it would be Elitist Ones by Whitechapel.

If you were on an island trapped by yourself and could choose any actor or actress to be on the island with you who would it be and why?
Ryan Reynolds, because Deadpool.

Why do you hide in bushes in Fortnite?
Because I like to pretend to be Retro.

Who are the members in the community that influenced you to become the great leader you are today?
From when I first joined, SYN MARSHALL XS trained me about a lot of stuff because he has so much knowledge about the community. Also XGC Karma XC, SYN RETRO XD, and SYN KayKat XD. They are the ones that helped me out when all my XSs were either MIA or inactive back when I was a general.

Can you spell hippopotamus?
Yes, she can!

Does SYN MARSHALL XS ever play any pranks on you such as turn of the tv while you are playing?
Well, most of the pranks happen when I’m in the bathroom. Once, he was down on the ground and started barking at me when I opened the bathroom door. Another time he got every pillow, cushion, and blanket in the house and blocked me from getting out of the bathroom. I had to crawl through it to get out.

Which flavor of ramen is the best flavor in your opinion?
Beef.

Best video game ever?
Black Ops 4. Yes, I know the game isn’t out yet. Because the Beta was SO AWESOME.

Why pandas?
Because Tflem and 007 said so. I joined a party with them to play Fortnite, and they said “Speaking of trash pandas…” and the rest is history.

Closing Words
You cannot kill the Metal! -Tenacious D

To learn more about the Call of Duty, Rainbow 6, and Fortnite fanatic, join XGC Buffy XS in the Game with Fame Game Night!
WHEN: Saturday, September 15th, 2018
TIME: 9 PM EST
WHERE: Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
HOW: Message XGC Buffy XS for an invite!

Status
Not open for further replies.