Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DO YOU GUYS PLAY ANY INSTRUMENTS?

XGC Gore

XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED ELITES
Mar 12, 2017
Missouri
I was wondering if you guys play any instruments.

I've played guitar for a little over 11 years.
When I was in middle school, I played the clarinet for 3 years & dabbled in percussion for 2 years. Also know a few songs on the piano. I love music, haha.

lDevilsRejectl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 11, 2016
Korriban
I've took a try at the Piano. Couldn't get my fingers on the right hand to move right.

Guitar on the other hand, I've been playing about 11 years myself.

XGC Gore

XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED ELITES
Mar 12, 2017
Missouri
I've took a try at the Piano. Couldn't get my fingers on the right hand to move right.

Guitar on the other hand, I've been playing about 11 years myself.

Piano is more difficult than it seems. I envy anyone who actually knows how to play it.
That's super rad that you also play guitar. Do you prefer acoustic or electric?

lDevilsRejectl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 11, 2016
Korriban
Piano is more difficult than it seems. I envy anyone who actually knows how to play it.
That's super rad that you also play guitar. Do you prefer acoustic or electric?

Electric. Ibanez RG320 with stock inlays, Head and a Floyd Rose. I got it pre-owned for about $80. I was surprised to even get it at that cause Ibanez's, specially the RG models run pretty expensive. Floyd Rose I thought would also make it expensive, it did not.

XGC Buffy XD

Get A Life!
Jul 20, 2015
Thornton, Colorado
I played violin for 8 years, then stopped for a while. Recently started re-learning everything again but I'm nowhere near to where I was before, have to devote lots more time to get back that's for sure!

My middle and youngest brother play piano, I've done violin/piano duets with both of them a few times.

Only guitar I know how to play is the one from Guitar Hero sadly haha

XGC Gore

XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED ELITES
Mar 12, 2017
Missouri
I played violin for 8 years, then stopped for a while. Recently started re-learning everything again but I'm nowhere near to where I was before, have to devote lots more time to get back that's for sure!

My middle and youngest brother play piano, I've done violin/piano duets with both of them a few times.

Only guitar I know how to play is the one from Guitar Hero sadly haha

The amount of jealously is real right now... lmao.
I literally just got done telling someone that I envy anyone who can play the violin. It's such a beautiful instrument.

XGC Buffy XD

Get A Life!
Jul 20, 2015
Thornton, Colorado
The amount of jealously is real right now... lmao.
I literally just got done telling someone that I envy anyone who can play the violin. It's such a beautiful instrument.

Haha, yeah I love my violin <3 My parents got it from this old Norwegian guy who travels back to Norway every year and brings back violins, he lives right by where my mom grew up and he's amazing. Every time we went up to visit my grandparents I would go over there and play with him, he was a champion fiddler and he also did downhill skiing on the side too lol.

InkyEcho

Forum Nerd
Jun 14, 2016
Sc, Usa
I grew up playing the piano and a Bodhrán ( an irish drum) and then about 5 years ago picked up playing an acoustic guitar though I'm not that great cause I learned to play a right handed one upside down and was just recently told there was a lefty version or that you could restring a right handed one . . so now get to start over on that lol

lDevilsRejectl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 11, 2016
Korriban
I grew up playing the piano and a Bodhrán ( an irish drum) and then about 5 years ago picked up playing an acoustic guitar though I'm not that great cause I learned to play a right handed one upside down and was just recently told there was a lefty version or that you could restring a right handed one . . so now get to start over on that lol

Yeah. Relearning the guitar after have the strings setup a specific way is slightly difficult. However, with practice, I don't think it would take long.

InkyEcho

Forum Nerd
Jun 14, 2016
Sc, Usa
Yeah. Relearning the guitar after have the strings setup a specific way is slightly difficult. However, with practice, I don't think it would take long.

That's what I have been told lol I think it will take at least 5 years to get rid of my old muscle memory and then 5 years to get good at a new set up but it will be a fun challenge do you play?

lDevilsRejectl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 11, 2016
Korriban

That's what I have been told lol I think it will take at least 5 years to get rid of my old muscle memory and then 5 years to get good at a new set up but it will be a fun challenge do you play?

Mhm. I do play. Been playing about 11 years now. Trust me, I understand completely about the whole losing muscle memory for one thing and trying to learn something new.

InkyEcho

Forum Nerd
Jun 14, 2016
Sc, Usa
Mhm. I do play. Been playing about 11 years now. Trust me, I understand completely about the whole losing muscle memory for one thing and trying to learn something new.

Lol sorry I just realize you were the second one to post in the thread about that my bad and how hard is it to lose muscle memory? Is it like trying a similar instrument?

lDevilsRejectl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 11, 2016
Korriban
Lol sorry I just realize you were the second one to post in the thread about that my bad and how hard is it to lose muscle memory? Is it like trying a similar instrument?

Well, when it comes to instruments no. More like a vocal tone and pitch. Trying to raise my tone and pitch from low to a higher tone while moving the resonance from my chest to my face is difficult.

InkyEcho

Forum Nerd
Jun 14, 2016
Sc, Usa
Well, when it comes to instruments no. More like a vocal tone and pitch. Trying to raise my tone and pitch from low to a higher tone while moving the resonance from my chest to my face is difficult.

I know nothing about singing lol I struggle to speak half the time but that sounds really hard to do! How long did it take?