Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WEBSITE IDEA FOR XILED GAMING.

XGC Deathmouse

Forum Junkie
Nov 16, 2016
Providence, NC
Hey guys, I have been rolling this idea around in my head for a couple weeks now.
Have a live chat section for the website. Not like a video chat or anything, but kind of like a chat room. Most of the time I am on the site I see about 30 people on the site, and only a handful of them are registered members. Which means we have potential recruits that are finding the site on their own, and without making an account, they cant post or view certain items. And, with them not knowing what to do or how to go about doing it, they are turned away.
This would give them a chance to possibly ask questions and get to know the community with an actual one on one conversation with a current member.
This would also give the opportunity for clans and members to branch out and get to meet their brothers and sisters of different divisions. Set up potential squad vs squad and clan vs clan scrimmages. And, also open the door for people who maybe have wrong information or certain questions they have forgotten in a squad or clan meeting, as well as having an answer for an on the spot question that a potential recruit asks when a leader is not available on the box/kik/voxer.

Like I said, this is just an idea, but I believe this would be beneficial and fun. I am just throwing this out there to see who else would be interested in something like this on the site.

-Mouse

SFP BULL SD

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 13, 2007
NY-SC
Hey guys, I have been rolling this idea around in my head for a couple weeks now.
Have a live chat section for the website. Not like a video chat or anything, but kind of like a chat room. Most of the time I am on the site I see about 30 people on the site, and only a handful of them are registered members. Which means we have potential recruits that are finding the site on their own, and without making an account, they cant post or view certain items. And, with them not knowing what to do or how to go about doing it, they are turned away.
This would give them a chance to possibly ask questions and get to know the community with an actual one on one conversation with a current member.
This would also give the opportunity for clans and members to branch out and get to meet their brothers and sisters of different divisions. Set up potential squad vs squad and clan vs clan scrimmages. And, also open the door for people who maybe have wrong information or certain questions they have forgotten in a squad or clan meeting, as well as having an answer for an on the spot question that a potential recruit asks when a leader is not available on the box/kik/voxer.

Like I said, this is just an idea, but I believe this would be beneficial and fun. I am just throwing this out there to see who else would be interested in something like this on the site.

-Mouse

There use to be a chatbox/chat room on the website but was taken off
Because it would lag the website and freeze the site so it was taken off therefore there will probably never be a chat box/chat room on the site ever again.

Smegadrive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 20, 2013
Nottingham - UK
There use to be a chatbox/chat room on the website but was taken off
Because it would lag the website and freeze the site so it was taken off therefore there will probably never be a chat box/chat room on the site ever again.

https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/vbshout.2/

This was released last month but with last update being the end of 2016? dont know how that works, not sure when shoutbox was in action but maybe its been optimized since then?

or even for the betterment of the website overall make a move to https://invisioncommunity.com/ which is a 1000x more user friendly forum host

Last edited:

XGC Axecident

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 14, 2009
Xiled Gaming Forums
i remember the good old days of the chatroom... i used to spend all day long chatting with XG friends in the chatroom back in 2010..

those were good times. although users still had to register before they could use it...

as for the switch listed above by smega, im sure that it has been talked about many many times...

and as much as i wish XG would move to a newer forum than this one that has been in use since 2006, although there have been updates, there are MUCH better forums apps or programs or whatever you call it available.

the problem with this, is that i doubt there is a way to import 12 years of history to a new board...

think of the stats here.. there are at the time of writing this,
Threads 156,063 Posts 1,618,864 Members 109,725

now... i dont think that removing almost 110,000 members would be bad, as there would be a far more accurate count of how many active members are in the community, but forcing the people to sign up again would be a huge pain and take forever.

plus, maybe one day, some of those 110,000 members might come back, and try to rejoin...

i myself just returned and have been having a blast looking over 9 years of history from when i first joined.. all that would be gone..

either way, im sure the appropriate people have considered all of this, and made decisions regarding it.

to sum up my rambling..

new forum board would be sweet, but sad to see all the history dissolve.

chatroom would be sweet, but i doubt it will happen.

XGC EMINENCE

@XiledEMINENCE
XG Addict
May 3, 2013
36.0156735, -82.1587351
The capability exists and it has been done in the past like was said before. Maybe in the future we will try it again. I know there was talks recently of similar idea, so it's not out of the question. I will bring it up again and see where it goes. We are looking to update the website but we don't have an ETA, as of yet.