Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SUGGESTION BOX FOR XGC

XGC JO3 D33R XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
XGC CHARLIE CO
XGC BAD CO
Feb 18, 2006
NY
* I'm Proud to be the Newest Division Leader in XGC
and I want to Have an Open Door for any and all
Suggestions to make XGC a Better Place to Be and a more Fun Gaming Environment ...

The Leaders of Xiled Gaming know if we don't Change with the Times to countinue to be the Best Gaming Community We will be left behind so Please, this is every Members chance to speak up and help us keep up with the Jones.

So What Would You like to see in XGC the Floor is yours?

Last edited:
Reactions: CGE RE UP CA

XGC Sentinel

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 27, 2007
United States PA
Hey Joe, .. this looked like a good place for this questions. :)

I know you guys are working toward it, ... but could we get an interim update of the "Section Leaders & Squads Breakdown" area?? ... I know its selfish :) ... but I'd like to at least be present on there !! .. :D

If not its cool, you know I'm use to being the "forgotten morning XS" !! ... hahahaha. :D

I would like to see a forum created for approved "SPAM messages" that could be accessible to various leaders which could include the Generals usergroup. This could provide warehousing of "approved" spam messages. Could also be used to discuss and clarify messages as needed to distinguish whether intended for a particular division or for the entire community (even console specific). IDK just a though as there could be some benefit to it?

XGC JO3 D33R XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
XGC CHARLIE CO
XGC BAD CO
Feb 18, 2006
NY
Good Idea Blunt, a guote un guote Archive of Important information, like that posted in The Generals Forums with all the meeting notes..lol that is what we use that for...but I do like the addtional Idea of having discussion for clarification.. I will pass that up the chain and see if we can come up with something for that

XGC Sentinel

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 27, 2007
United States PA
I could be mistaken, but I believe he was referring to the possibility of creating an archive with commonly spammed messages [via xbl] so that the subjects that we regularly re-enforce via spam would be easy to find and a General who wanted to use one would already know its approved.

Alot of the time the spam messages sent over xbl are not worded the same as info in the XS sections "General Meeting Notes" Thread.

XGC Olde Fogy

Forum Nub
Aug 14, 2008
Storden, MN
WAREHOUSING SPAMS

warehousing SPAMs

XGC BLUNT

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE...I thought the same thing back in September 2009. As a matter of fact, I created a warehousing thread (STICKY) in my clan's forum: For Your Information . The initial post reads as such:

This thread is designed to record SPAMs that have been sent on XBOX Live. As many of you know, messages on Live have a short shelf life (30 days) yet the content of the messages themselves are often critical to operations within the community. As messages (SPAMs) are sent on Live, check this thread and place a copy of it in here. PLEASE try to AVOID DUPLICATIONS.

THIS IS NOT A JUNK THREAD

Messages are sent regularly to inform, educate and protect you and this community. Just because it got deleted from your messages does not mean it is no longer relative. Captains are responsible for SPAMming messages to their squads. Everyone is responsible for the content within the SPAM. PLEASE use this thread for your benefit. Keep all post current.

In May, prior to my surgery, it became crystal clear that certain post are very repetitive. With that being said, I now recycle most of these messages in my weekly clan meeting (regardless of whether it was sent out or not).

It is a GREAT idea, because whomever posts these SPAMs will be accurate in its EXACT wording/phrasing as well as have no doubt as to the nature of the message. This would eliminate people re-wording these messages so much that SPAMS come out diluted and sounding dumb. While it would also eliminate those that abuse the word SPAM to promote their own self-interest.

I do have some reservations though. I think each General/Clan should have someone post SPAMS in their respective forums. This way, no clan (or its member) can say they did not know. Each clan would then have direct access to the postings (no searching involved) and its members loose any deniability due to the fact that their forums are part of their clan life. This also aids/promotes using the clans forums.

My other reservation is, it requires that every General go to the forum and read the messages regularly. I may be speaking out of turn, but, history already proved that THAT AINT GONNA HAPPEN. I know I would hate to spend the time on such a task for people who:
  • had they gone to Generals Meetings
  • had they taken Captains and Generals Classes
  • had they kept a REGULAR WEEKLY MEETING with their respective Section Leaders (to name a few things)
would have eliminated the need to constantly SPAM some of the repetitive messages. I dont say this with any animosity, I just believe these SPAMS are repeated regularly because people arent trained right and evaluted (and some dont bother to read them period), thus they continue to make the same mistakes.

I suggest we modify your request/idea a teeny, tiny little bit. I say we start the (STICKY) thread ourselves in the Generals Forum and when a General receives a SPAM that is questionable in nature to them, that General post it in the thread themself. Then in our Sunday meeting, we discuss the SPAM in full detail with the meetings facilitator. Every Divsion Leader will then know the common SPAMS that we need to elaborate on and they can chime in with replies prior to or the day of meeting. I believe this way, we Generals control what SPAMs need further explanation; we get a training topic added to our meeting agenda; since all meetings are now maintained with a roster, Leaders know each General that received a detailed explanation and thus we establish accountability. And if we are lucky...we eliminate the repetitive SPAMs.

Last edited:
That is correct, I was proposing in addition to the meeting notes forum, this one could be used specifically for console related spam messages. Warehousing, scheduling of messages, clarification, approval process and all sorts of reference purposes. I like Olde Fogy's thread and think there could be some shared benefit from us taking that concept clan wide.

XGC SILVERTIP

Forum Veteran
Aug 12, 2007
Fort Campbell KY
i dont know if you read my post but thank you if you reset or had something to do with the scores getting reset in the arcade now they are more fun to play and try to beat the poop out of the other gamers

XDM40

Forum Member
Jun 6, 2010
michigan
On our Super Mass Messaging,we can send a message to our clan-XS'S - XD 'S - XC'S - XI'S . Being a GEN. it takes forever to send the other GEN'S a mass message.The GEN 4 XGC tag has GEN,XS,XC,XD,and XI'S on it. Am I missing some thing ?? or is there know place for this.PLEASE HELP..