Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SOMEONE TRYING TO CON ME

XGC Caviezel XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Jan 2, 2006
WI
I am selling my dreamcast online through craigslist for a local buyer and so what happens is the person emails you if they are interested. Here is what I posted:
Selling an original sega dreamcast with 2 controllers and 2 memory cards. Also includes original dreamcast keyboard. Console works great with no problems. Items have been in adult only smoke free home. Prefer to sell locally. 11 Games with some very rare games include:
Marvel vs. Capcom
Shenmue
Railroad Tycoon
NFL 2K1
World Series Baseball 2K1
Sega Smashpack vol. 1
NFL Blitz 2001
Sega Championship Rally
Conflict Zone
Seventh Cross Evolution
Jet Grind Radio

So I recieve an email from one gentleman who says

hey man, i am interested but this seems really
extraordinarily high....

also is that marvel vs capcom 2? or just marvel vs.
capcom 1?

is this the lowest price u are taking? bc i deal in
this stuff frequently and there just isnt really
anything in the lot to warrant the price tag

I know what it is worth, I also deal with this stuff frequently so I sent him back and email that said

You are probably right it is priced a little high. Since the average for a dreamcast going for online is $30 which is a combination of ebay and amazon. It is Marvel vs Capcom 1 which also goes for around $35. The VMUs average $5 a piece and the keyboard for $5 and with silver going for $5. Jet grind radio $10 and Shenmue $15. Just those items sets it to $110. With the extras like railroad tycoon 2, sega smashpack vol 1, and the other games $150 is asking to much. It might be better for me to sell the items individually online then in a set. Thanks for the interest I will have to think about what I should do and maybe change the price.

Tell me what you think, was I a little to harsh on this guy or was I okay in what I said.

Last edited:
S

SYN Corona

sounds good to me bro. I know you know your stuff, and if it was me I would have been more harsh, so I think it was perfect.

XGC Ap0llo

Forum Nerd
Dec 27, 2006
i wouldnt worry about it. dont forget that you are inviting haggling when you post to craigslist and that is probably what he is doing. stay firm and somebody will buy it cuz you're definatly not screwing anybody.