Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

QUESTION/SUGGESTION

KoG Mufasa

KoG HELLHOUSE
Jun 5, 2010
Canada
Would there be any chance that XG could get involved in MLG events for all games possible? of course this would take a lot and cost a lot but i think that in the long run it would be worth it. If XG could make teams and pay to send them to MLG events that would get XG a lot of recognition.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
we tried that route, and honestly its not worth all of the drama... we have sponsored a team that placed top ten in halo 2 mlg tourny in the past, but it wasn't worth all of the drama and money involved... a mlg team is not in our future plans currently... things change all of the time of course, but we have no current plans of starting a mlg team

XGC xBUSTAx

Forum Junkie
Dec 22, 2006
Kalamazoo,MI
well to be honest alot of us XG members do go... just not as a team

making many XG teams would cost very highly. your talking big bucks! if you have the money to go to an MLG even then do so, many dont cause most of the MLG's take place out of there stats.

i only go to very few

KoG Mufasa

KoG HELLHOUSE
Jun 5, 2010
Canada
I was thinking something like just 3 teams and only go to a couple events a year or every 6 months. I also think that if the price on the shirts and thigs like that were lower it would bring in more money and we could afford it.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
the money made off of shirts goes directly to funding this website... be assured that the amount of money XG makes off of shirts and subscriptions doesn't even cover the amount that it costs to keep all of our sites up and running... i know certain council members that have a lot of money wrapped up in xiled gaming, and as of right now its simply an expensive hobby.

if we make more money in the future, be assured you will see it all going into the clan. whether it means new better features on the site, or if it goes back into the community in the form of free prizes in tournaments. every penny spent by our members on xiled gaming, will be spent on xiled gaming.

if there were thousands of dollars being throw around then sponsoring a mlg team might be an option... but it's simply not fair to ask the council to pay money out of their pockets to send a team to mlg, especially if it is not something they really care to do...

also one more thing to clarify, i would LOVE to have a pro team, and i would love to either participate or travel with the pro team and rep xg across the country... i would do it in a heartbeat if money was no object. but it is. and as i said before there comes a lot of drama when you have a pro team. people get upset because they didn't make the team, or you have people try to join the community just to get a shot at the pro team. also what if your best players are say from kog and a minor. you run into parental permission and chaperon issues. trust me when i say we've been there and done that, and right now it's not worth it

XGC xBUSTAx

Forum Junkie
Dec 22, 2006
Kalamazoo,MI
^ i have to agree 100% on Coleslaw! it is a pain, and drama to deal with.

like i said and what other XG members do... if you have the money go to a MLG event. its fun but cost a good penny.

if your going in as a 4v4 Team your talking what around $400 not including hotel room but normal if you go to MLG SITE they offer discounts for hotel rooms.

see if you think of it, if they come up with a XG Pro MLG Team, many could be states away from the event so your talking more money to get them there, then you have to have your own gear. so if you do the math especially to what the gas price is now..your talking big bucks.