Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

QUESTION REGARDING SPONSORSHIP CONFLICTS WITH THE CLAN.

TheoVect

Forum Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Ohio
I've asked 2 different section leaders, and gotten 2 different answers to this question. Before I ask, a little brief background of who I am.

I'm TheoVect. I was formerly XGC GaMe. I placed 10th on team xiled gaming in a halo 2 qualifier in 2007. I then had 0 involvement with the clan since then. I rejoined during the release of Halo 4, I was in the 82nd airborne. I played with my squad literally every single day, and it was a blast. Then the majority of the squad left, I let a friend borrow my 360 (never to return,) and got hooked on PC gaming for about 2 years. I came back recently with my new name that made me some good money offering league of legends lessons for 25$ an hour, and a little bit streaming. Now I have a bit of a conflict. On to the question.

I am currently an associate of Razer, and run booths for them local to me, and go to events to represent them running the booth. I recently dropped ZoominTV as a sponsor, and reached out to a new organization through a mutual friend. They bought me my xbox one, I did not. This is an eSports organization based solely around the North American League Championship Series. They are not a clan. They are not taking recruits, it's an organization, not a community. They are willing to contract me for some money, to live stream on their twitch channel, and post content to their YouTube. It would be xbox live content. Showing my Gamertag. Which doesn't contain anything to do with the organization as they don't require it. Some day I'd hope to be part of Xiled Gaming Elite, as I'm sure I can boast the skill. Am I able to pursue that while under contract to a professional eSports organization?

To summarize the question: Can I stream, and upload content to this organizations channel, under their name, while in XG, likely boasting an XGE/XGC Gamertag?

The organization doesn't care at all if my name contains XG related tags, just that I don't sit around advertising XG on their content. Since it's nothe a clan, not recruiting, literally just a professional NA LCS team, it's like me playing for the Lakers, with my last name name being 'XG.'
Thanks for readING my massive wall of text.

Last edited: