Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ONE FOR MICROSOFT'S THUMB

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
Well it's official, it appears that I will be sending my Xbox into Microsoft for a record 5 TIMES!!! I've had 2 RROD's, one video problem where only one color would display, one disc reading problem, and now my Xbox will only output audio and not video (sure takes the fun out of VIDEO games)... I love the games for Xbox, but if it wasn't for all of the great friends that I have on XBL, i'd switch to PS3, and i hate the PS3

CG Scooter

Banned
Sep 1, 2007
maryland
yea that and ps3's online sucks and they dont have any of the good games either lol. at least microsoft is getting better at it my box left monday morning with the red rings and it left them to come back to me on friday. i was about to buy another box but since its only gonna be gone a total of 8 days i'll hold off. lol

SYN Black Wolf

Carpel Tunnel
Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, AB, Canada
Wow thats terrible and PS3 does have some good games but they are more about the single player games I find :D But the PS3 does have some good contributions like Killzone 2 I wish I could get that game on the 360 but I suppose I will just have to wait till I get my PS3 not to mention while PSN mau have some issue it is free unlike microsofts live which requires you pay to use and to be honest apart from the people on my friends list it isn't that great its just marketed better, I mean I have to do this weird sign in sign out thing before I can play any game onlinethe party system is a nice feature but for the most part Xbox live is a joke because PSN has all the same features except the party thing and again it is free

XGC FAILSAFE

Carpel Tunnel
Jul 30, 2008
Where the green grass is
I agree....the only reason i dont play my ps3 as much as my 360 is because all my friends have 360s which are getting to be really unreliable...mine tends to bread every six months while ive had my ps3 since it first came out and i havent had anything go wrong with it

CG Scooter

Banned
Sep 1, 2007
maryland
lol psn has nothing on xbox live have u ever tried playing a game on it? absolutely horrible if you think how much live costs for the amount of use you get out of it i bet you cant find a cheaper hobby to occupy your time. hell i can get a whopper meal from bk for what it costs for a month of live. but i can admit it could be better. now if they would just add clan stuff back to halo id officialy have zero to complain about xbl lol

That Dam Noob

Forum Member
May 1, 2009
Weird, I got my first 360 when they first came out (in 2005 I think?) and I didn't have a single problem with it and I sold that one in 2008. I got heavy use out of that thing too.

I got a new one recently and haven't had any problems, I've just been to busy to play any games : /

Maybe I just have good luck, but I've never had a problem with a 360 before.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
yeah it's luck... most people who had original 360's had some type of problem, not all, but most...

i bought mine the first minute it was out... i waited in line for 11 hours to get my 360, and that box broke 3 times... they sent me a refurb, and this is the 2nd time my refurb broke....

CONSIG

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 12, 2007
yea coleslaw is right. My original xbox actually lasted longer than any of my new ones. One more issue and it is PS3 for me

CG Bunny

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 31, 2008
I have three 360's, they have all been turned in twice. One caught on fire. They tortured me for that one with their Law Team.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
i would like to say that i would switch to a PS3 if i have more problems, and i will probably threaten microsoft with those claims, but the #1 reason i get online is my friends... the games are fun, but the reason i play games for 6-8 hours in a sitting is due to the people in this community... i can't leave that behind, i just hope microsoft treats a good customer with respect

CROSSEYED

XG CONTRIBUTER
I see your Pens Logo Coleslaw, congrats, I am a pens fan since the Jagr days. But as for Microswift, Unfortunately I don't think it would help to threaten them with disloyalty, after all your only talking with someone from pakistan that gets paid $4 per hour to read canned answers from a script. I agree with you tho, the only reason I stick with the gaming is for the friends that I have made in this community and online, Lord knows I'm not doing it because I'm good.
GAME ON!!!

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
r u from pittsburgh, or have any other connection with the city? i've been a pens fan my whole life, i'm 22 now, so i've seen the other cups, but i don't remember much about them...

yeah i'm sure they won't care, but sometimes you get someone that cares... i just hope that they help me out... they did expedite the box so i've already sent it to microsoft and they had it sent next day air... so hopefully i'll have my box back next week

CG Scooter

Banned
Sep 1, 2007
maryland
i sent my box out monday of last week and it'll be here either tomorrow or thursday at the latest according to ups. at least they've sped the whole process up i remember people being without a box for over a month or more

CROSSEYED

XG CONTRIBUTER
r u from pittsburgh, or have any other connection with the city? i've been a pens fan my whole life, i'm 22 now, so i've seen the other cups, but i don't remember much about them...

yeah i'm sure they won't care, but sometimes you get someone that cares... i just hope that they help me out... they did expedite the box so i've already sent it to microsoft and they had it sent next day air... so hopefully i'll have my box back next week

Nope, Im from upstate NY, Always was a Steeler Fan, when I got into Hockey it was sort of a natural fit, I liked the gritty Ulf Samuelson Defense from back in the day, and the Finesse of a Jagr and Lemieux, Plus the wife was a Ranger fan so I couldnt side with her......
Good Luck with your repair, I took the easy way out and bought a new one, I'm not much good at the waiting game, Mine wasnt a warranty anyow.
Game on!

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
actually i'm in luck... i just sent out my box on monday and it's due to be delivers tomorrow... that's a hell of a turnaround time... just as long as the box that they send me works!!! i hope they fixed it correctly and/or gave me a new box that works

if you were a big ulf sammuelson fan than you will be happy to learn that in this year's draft that pens drafted ulf sammuelson's son in the second round... so it's pretty cool to keep it in the family like that...