Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MODS??

monkey11k

Forum Star
Dec 28, 2008
A tree
Recently i had a chance to play with a division leader, and during the game someone mentioned modded controllers so i asked the division leader if that was against the rules...apparently this division leader was under the understanding that modded controllers are not against the rules since everyone has the ability to obtain one cause they are sold on ebay....i was wondering if someone could clear this up so i know what is indead against the rules (i dont not actually own nor have i ever used a modded controller)

CAPOS SNOW

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2006
THE YAY AREA
yeaaa... no such luck. if it gives you an unfair advantage it is a no go. Hence the turbo controller "although is able to be purchased" should not be used.

RussiansWife

Forum Noob
Jul 26, 2010
Fort DRum
so what about modded names bec ause they dont actualy give you any sort of advantage over anyone else..... they simple only change ur name. its not hacking into anything. you can look it up on youtube and see that it doesnt affect weapons or anything like that. i just simply dont feel like paying 800 msp in order to change my name.

TRu SANDMAN Cd

Forum Veteran
Oct 8, 2008
TEMECULA CA.
Ok all let me give you all my view and understanding of this as i have had to deal with people around these issues and have talked to both XS and XD regularly on this issue. 1) a mod controller in the eyes of XG is considered to be a mod an yes i know you can buy them on eBay but it is altered from what the manufacture had intended it this is what is consider a hard ware mod. i think we can all say we hate seeing some one firing a FAL full auto that was never intend in the game to be fired that way. and people have been kicked from XG for doing this. bottom line it should not be used if your wanting to be part of XG.

2) mod gamer tag this is what is consider a cosmetic mod the user must down load a program to a flash drive and then instal it to his xbox this alter his name appearance in game to others. again makers did not make it this way and was never intend to be that way if it was we all would have had the ability to do this already. so if you have to go and get programs from the internet that some one has used to hacked the system to alter something thats still a mod it does not give you advantage but still it's something the rest can't do from the box as designer didn't intend for us to be able to do so. also if a person is willing to do that what else have they mod that we don't know about and yes people have been kick for this as well from XG.

the bottom line is play the game the way it was intended to be play. XG is about this and we all agreed to our honor code and at the core of it is that we don't mod period in any way shape or form

Reactions: XGC FREAKER XD

XGC FREAKER XD

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 9, 2008
www.xiledgaming.com
kudos sandman, well put.

If it doesn't come a certain way in the game, and you have to physically or software-wise modify something, you are breaking the Honor Code.

And as a better rule of thumb, if you have to ask a question, its probably not allowed, and err on the side of caution for your safety.

A

anthonyjoe

so what about modded names bec ause they dont actualy accord you any array of advantage over anyone abroad..... they simple alone change ur name. its not hacking into annihilation. you can attending it up on youtube and see that it doesnt affect weapons or annihilation like that. i just artlessly dont feel like paying 800 msp in adjustment to change my name.

XGC OCTULA

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 22, 2010
Trenton, Ohio
Modding of any type is not allowed in XG. Period. Dot. The End. If you guys are worried about changing your gamer tag... Then don't change it, there is nothing that says you HAVE to change it. If you do want to change it then you will have to spend the $5.00 it cost to change your name. These rules have been around for awhile and are here to stay for a lot longer. Before you guys joined XG you should have been made aware of the rules and regulations within XG that way you could make an informed decision on whether or not you wanted to join XG. I'm glad you guys decided to join but please understand the rules are here for a reason and must be followed. I hope this answers your question. Game On!!!