Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

METAL MUSIC DISCUSSION.

XGC Deathmouse

Forum Junkie
Nov 16, 2016
Providence, NC
Hey guys, I love music. I will literally listen to anything besides country. I grew up with my mom listening to White Zombie and Disturbed. Spent most of my teen years listening to Metallica, Rammstein, Mudvayne, and a ton of others. As stated before, I will lissten to pretty much anything, but I have always came back to hard rock and heavy metal. Everything from indie rock like Blind Melon to stuff that would scare your Catholic Grandmother. You know, the really heavy stuff that most people can't understand what they are saying. White Chapel, Suicide Silence, Atilla.

I figured we could all have a chat and share bands. I'm sure there are some that I listen to that some of you havn't heard of, and vice versa. I like discovering new music, so let's see what you got and who you listen to.

Here is a few from my list. Some heavy, some not.
Coal Chamber
DevilDriver
White/Rob Zombie
Mudvayne
Rammstein
Eisbrecher
Kreiger
Chevelle
I See Stars
We As Human
Lamb of God
Atilla
Suicide Silence
Motionless in White

lDevilsRejectl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 11, 2016
Korriban
How did I miss this thread? Honestly, when it comes to metal, not everyone seems to like it or they like only certain sub-genre's of it. Too many wannabe metal bands out there that have tried and honestly I think they have failed. While I love the older metal bands, I like some of the newer metal bands. However, I can't help but think the metal culture is dying slowly.

XGC Metal XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 7, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
Metal is one of my favorite genres. The only concert you'll see me at is a metal show. Lol. Some of my favorites are:

Devildriver
Machine Head
Suicide Silence
Carnifex
Whitechapel
In This Moment
Lamb of God
Godsmack
Born of Osiris
Thy Art Is Murder
Cattle Decapitation

I could go on and on. Hence, the reasoning behind my Gamertag. Lol.

Reactions: KingJokerXGN

XGC Deathmouse

Forum Junkie
Nov 16, 2016
Providence, NC
It's about time I got someone to reply to this. lol. I knew we had some metalheads here. I like most metal bands. New or old doesn't matter. I listen to a lot of new stuff, but not about to turn down some slayer, megadeth, or old school Metallica. And, Metal, I havn't listened to Carnifex in years, now I'm searching spotify. lol.

XGC BUCS XD

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 16, 2013
Florida
Metal is one of my favorite genres. The only concert you'll see me at is a metal show. Lol. Some of my favorites are:

Devildriver
Machine Head
Suicide Silence
Carnifex
Whitechapel
In This Moment
Lamb of God
Godsmack
Born of Osiris
Thy Art Is Murder
Cattle Decapitation

I could go on and on. Hence, the reasoning behind my Gamertag. Lol.

I am seriously shocked it took you this long to find this lol

lDevilsRejectl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 11, 2016
Korriban
Heavy breakdowns all the way. I don't know why, it just feels as though music is being......some what forced today. However, since people are listing their bands:

Frantic Amber
Once Human
Droid
Arch Enemy
Slayer
Shadows Fall

XGC Deathmouse

Forum Junkie
Nov 16, 2016
Providence, NC
Amen. LOL. And, Zombabe, Arch Enemy is good. I love their older stuff. But, I get what you mean about music feeling forced. Most of it today sounds the same, then you hear one song and it's like, oh mah gawd, yes. I'm all about heavy break downs, but the vocals have to be there.

lDevilsRejectl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 11, 2016
Korriban
Hey, now. I do like Arch Enemy's older music due to being in love with Angela Gossow. However, the War Eternal Album was not bad at all. Also, the you should like Droid then. Should look up the song, The Resurrection by Droid.

lDevilsRejectl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 11, 2016
Korriban
People wonder why I don't like Alissa like for her body. I go, it's not that at all. She is very attractive, but, Angela was; A) the original singer and B) has this ambience that is just sexy. Same with the lead singer from Frantic Amber. I mean, I listened to Alissa when she was in The Agonist, she is a good singer.