Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MEMOARES OF A XD

XGC JO3 D33R XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
XGC CHARLIE CO
XGC BAD CO
Feb 18, 2006
NY
Chapter 1 Philosphy/Mentality

Why am I going to build a Clan

When I go build a clan, I am looking to build something that dosen't exist, we have alot of great clans in Xiledgaming, but when I am starting something new I want to create something that no ones else has done. That sounds daunting I know, but to me every clan, has its own personality, which is made up of the personalities of the members of the clan, and it has alot to do with how the members play, how they recruit, how they communicate, and how they identify them selves. At the end of the day, you and I should be doing this for the same thing which is creating a great place to be a member of our clan.

Who is a possible recruit

I have heard many people complain that it is tougf to find a recruit, that people these days talk alot of trash, are rude, and don't have mics. well guess what those are not the people we are looking to recruit..lol When I go out and recruit, which is exactly what I do every time I go into match making, I am looking to have fun, and talking to people is a big part of that fun, If someone I don't know likes to have a lively conversation with me and my friends, I talk about thing that interest me, and them, in post game and pre-game lobbies. Most of the time its about the games we just played, sometimes its about our clan. People respound to the phrase "Good Game." People who don't take the game to seriously, people that are on line to have fun, and not be complete douches. These are my possible recruits, don't get me wrong I am looking for myself when I am looking to recruit, I am competive, I am loud, I am sometimes obnoxious, I am a try hard and proud of it, so when I meet guys/girls like me I am looking to see if they are interested in joining my clan.

K/D vs W/L

What is a Fun gaming enviorment

Building a Squad vs Building a CLan

Chapter 2 Getting Started

I have learned a ton of great things while I have been in XGC, this is the only Clan I have ever been in, I have helped build a Fraternity before when I was in College, it was a local frat, that is now the biggest on my campus of SUNY Geneseo, 12 years later. Building clans I learned here, both clans and Frats have brother hood and pride in them, and both take time, dedication and are extracurricular. So if you have a few minutes take in what I have to say with a grain of salt, don't forget mine is not the only way, it just has worked for me.

If I was going to start a new clan today, what would I do 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

1st. I want to get a partner in crime a Robin to my Batman
If I was to right an ad in the newspaper it would say something like this:
(General looking for Captain, applicants must be; dependable, active, willing to tell me that I am wrong or they disagree, not afraid of work, and must be out going. )

2nd. We would need a name for our clan something fun, and we would have to agree on certain rules and a structure to have in the clan. aka HONOR CODE and RANK STRUCTURE. so lets call our clan ( XGC Fight Club)

3rd. We would have to Recruit members, Members we can be proud of, someone you would call friend, and some one who would be active and game with us all the time.

So that's how it would start, but then what?

Well you need to keep your members happy, by, Gaming with them, having fun events (game nights, poker nights, and playing together) how about Competition...Playing in Tournaments has always been exciting and fun for me, so Practicing and getting really good so we can get Ws against other clans would be great.

but is that enough, I want clans to keep growing and living even when I am not around, So train those new recruits to become SRGNTs and LTs, train those guys that are in for awhile to Lead Practices and make clan challenges, and teaching my Robin to be Batman is huge,

I think its important that we leave behind in others the will and ability to carry on even after we are gone.

Just like my Frat, I helped build it with 8 guys 12 years ago, and 24 semesters later of pledges who have held the position of president, pledge master, and number of other important positions in the frat who have graduated and moved on, and not only is the Frat still alive but over 80 on campus members, and we get invited back all the time for BBQs and weekend trips. Just like I have graduated to the Rank of Division Leader, my clans are still building and splitting.

To me, there is allot of duelality to an XGC Clan and Frat or even a High school sports team. think about it, and that is how I would build a clan if I was starting one today.

Chapter 2.5 Communication

Meetings, PMs, Mass PMs, Spamming, and Clan Forums (tools you have to comunicate)

Meeting with the Members to keep them informed about what you have planned for them, asking them what you can plan in the future to keep them active and interested. Making announcments, of promotions, events, practices, and anything that has to do with the clan and gaming as a whole.

Spamming is the best was to pass down information to eveyone on the clan, as not everyone attends clan meetings or visits the forums regulary. The best way to spam everyone in the clan at once is by using a Silver clan tag.

Silver Tags:

Making a Silver tag, when making a new Clan Tag, remember these 4 things.

* Write down pass words, email, secret questions

* Clan Tags need to be maintained regularly, just like a clan list excepting new people on and removing X members

* Spamming messages out to your Clan (new members, to messages marked Spam)

* Keep the BIO up to date (clan meeting times, practice times, and who the leadership structure is in the clan)

SILVER TAG BIO

Example

__________________________________________________ _

This tag is run by XGC DUKE XD
GENERAL: Gens Gamer Tag
SQUAD BREAK DOWN:
RANGERS - CPT XGC LAWMAN
2nd BATTALION - CPT XGC KINGCHRONIC
THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE XGC

CHARLIE SCHEDULE
MON 8:30 PRCT - 9:30 MTG
SAT 8:30 PRCT - 9:30 MTG

We stand united by the common bond
of brotherhood
COME JOIN US at XILEDGAMING.COM
__________________________________________________ ____

All Clan tags must be on the "XG Clans"

With email and pass words sent to them via message (and GT of who runs the Tag)

Chapter 3 Building Squads

Everything we do in XGC FIGHT CLUB is a Team Effort. This Clan is based on the XGC Honor Code, Rank Structure, and Team Work. We pull the rope togther and we succeed or fail togther, but we always do it as a group. No one person is bigger then our whole, no one loss is more important than all the fun we have togther. Here are just a few things we have to do to be the best SQUAD we can be;

* Recruit, building our SQUAD is everyone responciblity no one person can do this alone, make shure you are bringing in good people and you will be helping us pull the rope. When Recruiting for your Squad, look for the following:

Activity: you want to find people who are on the same time and as long as you are, Recruiting someone in England who never playes with you is not helping you build your Squad, recruiting people that game 7pm eastrn to mindnight just like you do will benfit you as you will have another person to game with, but it will also benfit your Squad as that recruit will be able to learn from you and the other members that much faster.
Personality: Look for like minded gamers, I look for myself people who remind me of me. Competive, fun loving, and Smart gamers that want to be in something special. If you recruit active people who you don't like how dose that help your Squad grow? I will anwser that it dosen't, so avoid Cheaters( who you will have to kick out) avoid drama queens (who are more interested in stats then getting the W) avoid head cases( who will cause you more problems down the road)
* Practices, training togther learning the Tactics and learning from each other will prepare us for Victory and help us learn from losses.
Plan and schedual Practices, for yourself to get better and for your Squad to get better, spending an hour with a recruit teaching them how to use grenades is not for ever body, but if it helps that recruit become more interested in the squad, and helps the squad get more Ws, it is time well spent. Learn from your Squad Members, talk about strats and tatics as a team, makeing call outs is what sets us apart from noobz. Our advantage in a match making game is team work and that starts at the practices.
* Clan Compete / Game Battles, as a team we will put forth our best effort togther, and win or loss we always say Good Game
Going into a competive Clan Match is what changes a game into a sport. When your playing a sport; skill. team work, and communication. is what will take you to the next level. So hone these three in match making. But, be aware you are not going against noobz here, this is another team.
* Traing Recruits to be good members, it takes a whole Clan to be open to new members invite these new guys/gals to games and be good examples to them all show them the ropes and work with them, as we grow its more important that we grow togther and not into lil clicks.
If you find out a recuit dosen't meet with the Honor Code it is Uber important to Say NO!!! Saying NO to a bad Recruit is even more important then Recruiting. Keeping out Gamers that will slow your squad groth down by causing problems, making you look bad by cheating or just being an douche.
* Meetings, if you don't tell us what you want out of our Squad then we can't make it even better, if you have Ideas bring them up at the meetings, if you have an issue we can make it better, Team Effort is what it is all about.

Chapter 4 Spilting Squads

Spiltinga Squad means you having the following 3 things done:

You have recruited 12 to 18 quality members, that repesnt what your Squad, your Clan, and XGC stands for.

You have trained up a replacment for your self as Captain, who is knoledgable, fun to be around and is ready to Lead there own Squad.

And you have in place at least two SRGNTs that are ready to begin the training to become LTs themselves.

Well if you have all 3 of those things done now comes the hard part.

Who stays?

Obvesly you will stay, and you get 1st pick between the SRGNTs for your own LT, but what about the PRVTs and the rest of the SRGNTs, that should be worked out very caustiously. Keeping members who play togther is always important, but if you ran a kick butt squad everyone played togther, everone liked each other and friendships where made. This should be a time of promtions for not just one person but 3. And everyone is looking to you to decide who goes where remember this piece of advise.

All spilts Squad and Clan need to fair, but never hurt the home squad or clan, and while new friendships are never lost, by a spilt you can always play with people not in your squad just as long as you don't leave behind your Squad to do so.

Who goes?

Your old LT is becoming a Captain, so he must move on to make his new Squad, he will choose the Next best SRGNT as you go the 1st as your choice to replace him, and people that are close to the new captain, people he recruited are the ones who will be moving out.

your General approves Squad Spilts, but they work hand in hand with your XS to make this smooth, so ask them any questions and work with them to make this happen, don't forget your General is the one who Promtes your LT to Captain.

Chapter 5 Doing it all Again

Spilting Squads and CLans and watching other have succes is great, helping Captains to Spilt and Generals to spilt is great fun, and being able to Promote people to Captain, General and Section Leader, is awsome. but, with each promotion and with each Spilt, clans and members need to step up and start this process over again. That Captain who has Spilt his squad of 16 now has to get back on the hourse and train his new LT and recruit new members. That General who has Spilt his clan of 60 has alot of work on his plate with traing a New captains to get them ready to become generals, as well as motivating his members to go out and recruit more great members. and that Section Leader who has gotten his General promoted to XS needs to motivate all of his or her members to accomplish all of that again.

I hope these words help you, when its time to start again: Go have fun and play, after all its just a game. Enjoy your self as you have made this your hobbie.

Chapter 6 Changing with the times

Last edited: