Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GAME WITH FAME INTERVIEW - XGC XVIPERX XI - AUGUST 2018

XGC Buffy XD

Get A Life!
Jul 20, 2015
Thornton, Colorado
Want to learn some more about XGC xVIPERx XI? He's the guy with Halo roots, but currently a Destiny 2 fanatic, who is this month's Game with Fame guest of honor! After finishing his degree a couple weeks ago, I got a chance to sit down with him and ask him some questions - this is how it went. So read on if you want to find out his favorite retro games, the one person he'd like to meet, living or dead, and much more!

What was your first gamertag?
XGC ViperDragon

Tell us your Xiled Gaming clan history since you were recruited, up to where you are now as well as who recruited you.
Recruited by XGC Death (the first one) – XiledGamingoCom is my home clan and only clan I was ever a part of. Promoted to council leader from there.

What are a few characteristics that you believe every leader should have?
1) Integrity
2) Self-Motivated
3) Active Listener

What advice would you give to someone who wanted to move up into leadership?
Know your information. Make sure you know the Honor Code and Rank Structure, because as a leader you will deal with those things on a regular basis. Always talk with your leaders, and never be afraid to ask a question – if you don’t know about something, ask for an explanation. If you don’t know how something works, it makes it more difficult to be a leader if you can’t understand what’s going on. Focus on teamwork and communication.

What has been your most memorable moment in Xiled Gaming, and why?
When I was promoted to Council Leader, because at the time I didn’t even know people could get promoted to Council. I was promoted in a party with XGC Caviezel XI, XGC Coleslaw XI, XGC Hades XI, XGC KNIGHT XI, XGC xOTTOx XI & XGC x0 0 7x XI, who were all the current Council members at that time.

What is the one thing you try to stress to all gamers in XG?
Teamwork & communication. Without those, the team wouldn’t be successful.

What is your favorite thing about Xiled Gaming?
The people in the community, because that’s what makes it great. There’s always somebody to play with, meet new friends, and be able to accomplish things. But most importantly, getting together as a team, while communicating and just dominating while representing Xiled Gaming.

What was the first game you ever played?
Magnavox Odyssey – back in the day when Atari was coming out. On Xbox, Halo CE was my first game.

What made you want to move into leadership?
I was already in the military at the time, so leadership was just kind of second nature to me.

Has anything in the community impacted your real life?
Nothing that I wasn’t willing to give up, which is giving the time to do what we need to do as leaders. I’ve made some really good friends over time through XG.

Has anything in your real life impacted your life in the community?
My job at the time was to develop training, and is what I did for a living. I created leadership classes for teaching the section leaders, and later it was revised with Hylander and myself, and now it’s used for section leaders, generals and captains in the community.

What is your favorite color?
Medium to Dark Blue – but not navy blue.

What is your favorite retro game? (Before Xbox 360 era)
Ninja Gaiden, Doom series & Heretic series

If you could meet one person, living or dead, who would you want to meet?
Dan Marino. He was the quarterback for the Miami Dolphins and that’s my team.

Community Questions
How did you get involved in XG?
I got recruited into Xiled Gaming in March 2006, so there weren’t that many people at that time. One day when I ran across XGC Death, we started playing together and he recruited me in. Once I started learning about XG and what it was about, as far as the honor code and the people, the most important aspect to me was that there was no cheating and you could play the game like it was meant to be played, with like-minded gamers. That’s what drew me in and more importantly, what kept me. I felt I was going to invest in the community and do what I could to help.

How did you become a Council Leader?
Already had leadership experience, so I had a pretty good head start in that sense. One day I talked to Hades and Coleslaw, told them my interest in becoming a leader, and asked for advice which they gave to me. They steered me in the right direction and helped me be successful in what I did.

Were you always a Webmaster?
Not always, but I did programming in high school, so I was developing programs and was very advanced due to transferring from one high school to another. I went solo and started helping the school, specifically in the main admin office as well as the science department.

What was your favorite subject in high school?
Math. Went up to trigonometry.

Why did you choose Viper for your gamertag?
Because it was part of my original gamertag, I thought Viper and Dragon were cool when combined together. Mess with the Dragon, get bit by the Viper. Now I have Viper and Dragon as two separate accounts so it still holds true.

Would you rather eat a Peanut Butter filled Orange or a Jelly filled Tomato?
Jelly filled Tomato.

What kind of advice can you give to someone who just joined the community?
For somebody who just joined, get to know your clan members, play with them and figure out how to work yourself into and be a part of the teamwork in your squad and clan.

When you first joined the community, what games were you playing? Now?
Halo 2 when I was recruited, and Destiny 2 now.

Is it possible for anyone else to get promoted to a Council Leader?
Yes actually, two were promoted after me. I was the first, and then XGC BlkKnght XI, and then XGC xTFLEMx XI.

Have you ever been removed from XG?
Nope. Nor have I left. I have been here since I was recruited.

In your own words, what is leadership?
Leadership is where you are providing the right tools, knowledge, and information to your peers, who you are responsible for, and guiding them to accomplish the mission or goal you or your superiors have set.

If you could change 1 thing in XG what would that be? Why? What would you like to see in the future for XG?
It’s not a question of what I would like to see, it’s about adapting to any changes that happen. I would like to see harmony – people taking care of what they need to, and more importantly with leaders, working together with your other leaders to make the right decision and eliminate drama. If you take care of what you need to, it saves everybody time and allows everyone to enjoy their online gaming experience.

What was it like living with dinosaurs?
Welcome to the Jungle

Final Words
Xiled Gaming is a great place to meet friends, to learn about teamwork, communication, but the most important thing is, it’s actually made gaming more fun.

To learn more about the D2 fanatic, join XGC Buffy XS in the Game with Fame Game Night!
WHEN: Friday, August 17th, 2018
TIME: 9 PM EST
WHERE: Destiny 2
HOW: Message XGC Buffy XS for an invite!