Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GAME WITH FAME INTERVIEW - XGC MYSTOGAN XS

XGC Buffy XD

Get A Life!
Jul 20, 2015
Thornton, Colorado
Want to learn some more about XGC Mystogan XS? He's currently putting his heart and soul into grinding on Call of Duty Black Ops 4. I got the chance to sit down with him and pick his brain between matches of HC S&D and HC Domination. Read on if you want to find out his favorite movie which you've probably never heard of, his favorite singer, and all about his XG clan history, and much more!

Standard Questions
What was your very first gamertag?
Jason JSLA1016

Tell us your Xiled Gaming clan history since you were recruited, up to where you are now as well as who recruited you.
XGC Phantom XD (formerly XGC Lamia) recruited me into XGC Apocalypse in June 2014 – I made it up to sergeant there, and then after that we split off into XGC Ground Zero where XGC Lamia was promoted to general and I became a captain. Then I split off Ground Zero and made XGC Underworld where I was general, and after being general for a while I got an Xbox One and became general over XGC Adrenaline where I was eventually promoted to Section Leader.

What are a few characteristics that you believe every leader should have?
1. Understanding – the ability to see different points of views, so that when you are in a situation you’re able to see all sides and perspectives of the situation.
2. Self-driven and motivated – they shouldn’t rely on someone else to drive them.
3. Interpersonal skills – if you don’t have people skills or communication skills, you shouldn’t be in leadership.

What advice would you give to someone who wanted to move up into leadership?
Reach for it – if the position isn’t available, you need to create it for yourself. Don’t expect to wait and hope for it to come to you, you need to make it happen yourself.

What has been your most memorable moment in Xiled Gaming, and why?
We used to play Kill Confirmed custom games, and you would drink if you died and again when your tags were picked up. Some of the old game nights we used to have on Call of Duty, specifically BO1/BO2, back in the day were some of the most fun I’ve had.

What is the one thing you try to stress to all gamers in XG?
Keep your nose clean. Honestly, it is what you make of it. You get out what you put in, if you want to do things go do it, don’t wait for someone else. Take initiative and you’ll go far.

What is your favorite thing about Xiled Gaming?
A lot of the members I don’t necessarily see as just gamers, I see them as a friend and as part of the family. Sometimes I get upset, but at the end of the day the choices that are made are for the better of the community.

What was the first game you ever played?
Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 3 on the original Nintendo.

What made you want to move into leadership?
Initially I did not want to. I wanted to just game and have fun, but then I wanted to be able to do my own thing and host my own stuff, which is why I wanted to become a captain and eventually a general. I wanted to make a difference and create a happy environment for all gamers in the community.

Has anything in the community impacted your real life?
If it has, it’s been in making me a better leader in real life and professionally. Some of the things I’ve learned from people in the community, I’ve applied it and used it in real life.

Has anything in your real life impacted your life in the community?
I went to school to become a leader, so that has helped me in the community as far as leading and training leaders underneath me.

What is your favorite color?
Crimson.

What is your favorite retro game? (Before Xbox 360 era)
Oregon Trail.

If you could meet one person, living or dead, who would you want to meet?
Jason Statham. I have to watch every movie he’s in, I just can’t help myself. Him and Adam Sandler are my top two.

What is your favorite movie of all time? Movie you’ve watched the most?
Shotas – it’s a Jamaican gangster movie with absolutely nobody famous in it. I watch it at least four times a year

Favorite singer/band?
Eminem. Hands down.

Community Questions
Who is/was your biggest influence in the community? Why? (from XGC BUCS XD)
XGC Tantaliz XC – because she’s awesome. She’s been there every step of the way, even when I wasn’t her general, she was still there and is good with pep talks and knows how to motivate me without being negative. She’s always been that way and I strive to stay on par with her and right now I’m quite behind, but she does a lot and always has been interested in making the community the best it can be.

What is your favorite Pokemon? Or do you prefer Digimon? (from XGC SHEA BAE)
Charizard is my favorite original pokemon.

Do you think XGC Buffy XS is lame? (from Weasel699)
Yes. No. We’re gonna go with no on that one. That’s an easy no answer.​