Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GAME WITH FAME INTERVIEW - JUNE 2018 - XGC FLIGGY XS

XGC Buffy XD

Get A Life!
Jul 20, 2015
Thornton, Colorado

BnjbO59.png

Want to learn some more about XGC Fliggy XS? He’s a concert loving, Harry Potter fan who loves playing Destiny 2 and PUBG, and is the Game with Fame guest of honor this month, on…strangely enough…Fortnite. Between applying for new jobs and hosting events, I got a chance to sit down with him and ask him some questions – so read on and learn a little bit more about XGC Fliggy XS!

What was your first gamertag?
Haunted456 – it was a random generated one back from Xbox 360 days.

XG Clan History?
I started out being recruited by XGC Wreck XD (back then known as XGC Recognize) into XGC Charlie Co, who was my captain at the time. I worked my way up to lieutenant, in a squad of 30-40 members. At that time we had 4-5 squads, and we were asked to transfer over to XGC Juggernaut to help revive it. I left XGC for a little bit, and then came back and went to XGC United under KoG Rusty XD. I went back to XGC Charlie Co, and ended up leaving the community again. When I returned I was placed under XGC ACE518 XD in XGC Bad Co as a captain. About a month later I was promoted to general, which was back in 2014-2015. Then promoted to XS from there.

Who recruited you? When?
XGC Wreck XD back in 2013.

What are a few characteristics that you believe every leader should have?
1. Being levelheaded in any situation.
2. Someone that’s available and around for their members.
3. Always willing and ready to learn. Don’t assume that you know everything.

What advice would you give to someone who wanted to move up into leadership?
Make sure you’re completing your responsibilities, taking your classes, and no matter what rank you are, do your responsibilities to the best of your abilities. Always communicate with your higher ups and play with your members while staying in your lane.

What is your most memorable moment in Xiled Gaming? Why?
The first game night I ever attended in XG, which was the day after I was recruited. I had been told how many members the community had, but getting to see it firsthand back on BO1 really made it sink in.

What is the one thing you try to stress to all gamers in XG?
Have fun and enjoy what the community is about, which is finding and playing with like-minded gamers.

What is your favorite thing about Xiled Gaming?
How many members I’ve met, and all the game nights that happen in the community.

What is the first game you ever played?
Diablo on PC.

What made you want to move into leadership?
I saw what it was about, and I wanted to help the community grow the best I could, plus it seemed really interesting to me. When I was recruited I saw everyone else that was in leadership, and when I was offered the chance I said hell yes let’s do it!

What are some plans you have for Xiled Gaming as a whole?
Helping the community grow as well as bringing new ideas to the table.

Has anything in the community impacted your real life?
It’s helped me meet people, including making friends that I now actually hang out with outside of Xbox.

Has anything in your real life impacted your life in the community?
Yes, when I first got my supervisor job at work, it showed me how to take that extra step to become a better leader. It’s helped me realize things that I was doing that I could do differently and better.

What are your tattoos of? What are their meaning?
My first tattoo is a Destiny ghost, I went to the tattoo parlor and I wanted something to commemorate what I’ve been doing for many years, which is gaming. I’m currently working on my second one, which is a half sleeve - it’s the album cover of Homesick, from the band A Day To Remember – I’ve listened to them since the early 2000’s and I love the album art.

Who is your favorite band?
A Day To Remember. I have a lot of favorites but they’re #1.

Do you play any instruments?
I do not.

What do you do outside of Xiled Gaming?
Hang out with friends, go to Orlando and the amusement parks there, especially Harry Potter world. Traveling, going to bars and working.

Who has had a big impact on you in the community, and who are some of the leaders you would give credit to?
Definitely have to shout out to XGC Wreck XD & XGC ACE518 XD. They gave me the chance and helped me get to where I am today, even with the doubters.

What is something no one knows about you?
My favorite movie is Twister with Bill Paxton. It was my childhood movie.

If you were trapped on an island and had only one person to choose to be with you who would you choose?
Ariana Grande, because she’s smoking hot.

Who was your favorite band seeing live in concert?
Slipknot, Shinedown, A Day To Remember, and Blink-182. I can’t pick because they were all equally awesome.

If you had to eat only steak or only pizza for the rest of your life what would you choose?
I would definitely go with pizza. But it would have to be New York Style pizza.

What is a country you want to travel to?
Russia, because I’m Jewish and part of my family history goes back to Russia.

If you could go on a date with a celebrity, which celebrity would it be?
That dragon queen from Game of Thrones, I don’t know her name. (Emilia Clarke!)

Who’s your favorite Power Ranger?
The Red Ranger for sure. Because Red is my favorite color.

What’s your favorite TV show?
The Flash.

Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter?
Harry Potter.

Favorite Harry Potter book?
Chamber of Secrets.

Parting Words?
Check out all the Xiled Teams and get involved in this amazing community!

To learn more about the D2 / PUBG player, join XGC Buffy XS in the Game with Fame Game Night!
WHEN: Thursday, June 28th, 2018
TIME: 9 PM EST
WHERE: Fortnite
HOW: Message XGC Buffy XS for an invite!