Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CLAN FORUM SUGGESTION

CLAN FORUM SUGGESTION

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SYN Stallion

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 27, 2007
Canada, Ontario
Hey, I was told that you were in charge of the website. I would like to know if we can make it so that we could have a usergroup access only section in our usergroup forums. I am asking this because i would like to post pictures of map strategies and map control placements in the usergroup for my clan to study and learn. I also believe this would increase the activity level within the usergroup forums.

Thank you for your time.
TwistedTwitch

P.S. Please consider this.

SYN Stallion

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 27, 2007
Canada, Ontario
well i don't know too much about creating a website but i do believe that this would greatly increase the activity on the website, just because more people would come on the site just to look at that, then would wonder into other parts of the site.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
On the surface sounds like a good idea. I know other clans have this type of info in their forums already.

It is difficult though to turn something like this on for all clans as setting up the clan forum is based on templates of the others which all the permissions and such are already plugged in. With out using the template we would have to go in and set all the permission each time and that would take a lot of time.

Changing the permissions to each after that fact would take even more time.

I wouldn't rule this out though as we can create a thread or sub forum which is only seen my certain groups but I am not sure that would prevent the people you don't want to see your stuff from seeing it.

Mods, Super Mods and Admins would still see your stuff and that includes Section Leaders and above. Maybe even some generals who help do specific things on the site. So, your info isn't going to be 100% private and if someone wanted to check it out they could still do it.

In the end, I will have to bring this up with other admins to see if there is an fact an easy way to offer this to the clans. No promises though!

Thanks.

blondiizzle

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Pregame Lobby
Actually, forum access permission can be denied to mods and super mods. This would allow only the moderator and/or super moderator with the usergroup access to the forum.

The initial forum that is set up would be the hardest, but it is a lot of work to go forward and set up all of the clans with a strategy forum... Mostly it would be incredibly time-consuming, but with the new set up in the admin panel, it would be a lot faster now.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
I am thinking we could do this on a case by case basis so let's not say it much more out loud to others. :)

I will see about using this request as a test later on tonight and go from there.

Now, beings we all answered for Otto I am sure he may want to reply. OR, maybe not.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
I actually made the forum long ago. However, it has taken me over an hour to try and pull up the forum permissions beings there are so many forum areas to consider so it isn't private for the moment.

SYN Stallion

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 27, 2007
Canada, Ontario
HOLY MAN!! thankyou, i'm assuming it was you Hylander, thankyou. I do have some questions though, like how private is private? can all the section leaders see it too? or is it entirely for only the SYN Renegade usergroup?

XGC BEASTMAN XS

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 5, 2008
Sarasota, FL.
hmmmm, this is really interesting, I would also like to find out how to do this on the warlords forum, because I'll admit we have a clanmatch against wolf pack soon and so I went to their forum to say hello and try to help get things set up and what did I find? a thread all about htier strategies and stuff.......I think every clan should have a thread that is private to them just for things like that.