Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BLACK OPS 4: WORTH IT?

SYN Cinder

Forum Addict
Sep 17, 2011
Alabama
There’s a struggle most people face in the gaming world, and that’s asking themselves if getting the newest CoD game is worth it.

My decision was made simple and easy for me when I got hands on experience at E3 2018. I’ll go ahead and say I’m not impressed.

Where do I even start...? The game, to me, is a straight copy & paste format of Black Ops 3 multiplayer. Almost like no effort was put into making it a unique experience. It looks the same as Black Ops 3. It plays almost the exact same as Black Ops 3, bar the jetpacks, although I’m not surprised. Factor that in with no singleplayer/campaign that’s been a permanent staple to the entire CoD franchise traded for a trigger inducing battle royale mode that gives me thumb cancer just writing it... My decision was plain and simple for me after I played the demo. It feels refreshing to not fall into the struggle of getting CoD this year.

Although, everyone has their own opinions. Feel free to drop a comment and discuss.

KoG BugZ

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 9, 2016
Wisco
Very strategic power move they are making, putting battle royale style game play in. Battle royale ranks at the top in free and paid games combined. Cod single player most people dont even play anymore, or atleast i dont, not like when cod 2 first came out on the 360... ive noticed most of my friends skip the campaign and go straight to lvling up their rank or play ranked games competitively anyways. I do agree that the game play will reflect black ops 3 but in most cases when they make prequels, they try to stick to their roots/ what worked for them in the past. If you recall, blops 3 didnt have a campaign on the 360 either, as for why they dropped it, probably wasnt effective in making people buy it on the one... I am very impressed with what they are doing and I am excited for the release like most other people im my section. The game will become primary amongst almost all our clans i believe. I also appreciate your opinion although i do have to disagree =)

SYN Cinder

Forum Addict
Sep 17, 2011
Alabama
It’s good to see others still have faith, but I’m just not convinced. And the Black Ops Pass from Activision for the game is further adding distaste to my decision. First thing - free DLC content > paid DLC content, any day of the week. And in this instance, it makes it harder for BO4 to compete with the other big games, namely Battlefield 5 & The Division 2. Not to mention the Black Ops Pass currently can’t be purchased as a standalone or even pre-ordered. Only known way to get it is through purchasing at least the $100 deluxe edition or higher. Although Activision will release it as a stand-alone later we have no way of knowing exactly when.

Not the entire playerbase will always migrate to a new game but I can almost guarantee more than usual will stay on BO3 & WW2. I’m not saying don’t buy it lol, I’m saying the game will be heading in the wrong direction if Activision keeps it up.

XGC Axecident

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 14, 2009
Xiled Gaming Forums
Regardless if the game is good or complete crap, it will be one of the highest selling most popular games of the year.

call of duty sells. More than any other FPS out there. It always has and it always will.

personally, I am Dissapointed that there will be no campaign. I have played and beaten every single call of duty campaign that has ever been created. And I have enjoyed or hated them all, but it was a goal to play and finish it.

i will still buy black ops 4 even tho it ships without a campaign. I will buy every call of duty game they ever make... because I am a sucker for call of duty. If I play the game for more than a few weeks entirely depends on treyarch tho lol.