Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANTHEM

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA
The interceptor is bae, I love how it moves and how flashy it is with its movement. But I'm glad I pre ordered it cause I feel like it's going to be good.

Zeeahlot

Forum Rookie
Jan 24, 2017
Ohio
I have the game and I really enjoy it. Just started delving in GM2 and working to get some better gear and get more gun challenges done for sure! I main a Ranger but I played the interceptor in the open beta and loved that one as well. I enjoy the Storm but it's too squishy for me and the Colossus doesn't suit my playstyle at all lol.

SYN Cinder

Forum Addict
Sep 17, 2011
Alabama
Honestly. I’m not impressed. Prepare for a rant.

Not trying to hate because I did give it a chance, beating the story and getting to max power playing all the game has to offer even GM3. Keep in mind I main storm.

Heres my thoughts.

The flame/overheat mechanic has got to go. Or needs to be incredibly balanced. Anytime something sneezes on me and I get caught on fire I’m always at 1 health. The effect lasts WAYYY too long and there’s no reason my shields and armor should instantly drain. I can’t fly to effectively escape to safety. I mean the suits are suppose to keep you safe and mitigate temperatures right?

After experiencing all the difficulties with the loot drops, don’t bother playing GM2 or GM3. GM3 has enemies health and damage increased by 3100-3300% - which to me isn’t a difficulty increase, just lazy development. It takes 5-8 minutes to kill the most basic enemies on GM3. While the loot drops are increased, the time invested versus the drops isn’t worth it. Right now GM1 is the best way to farm materials and loot making a third of the game’s difficulty curve absolutely pointless.

Any missions I join that aren’t my own either through the party system or quick play are broken 50% of the time. And even then a solid 20% of my missions are a bust. To add, challenges and achievements/trophies aren’t unlocking, which most other developers have down to a science.

I personally haven’t experienced this, only a game crash back to the home console screen. But I’ve heard about and seen reports of consoles literally being killed by Anthem. The ratio being 75/25 PS4 to Xbox. The game basically improperly powered off consoles which is a big no-no, and can wind up costing the user $$$$ in hardware.

I gave the game a chance. But with so many nitpick things wrong with the game, mechanics that don’t function properly or aren’t balanced, on top of a chance I could lose my console or it be internally damaged - I will soon be uninstalling Anthem. My fiancé and myself both enjoyed the game for what it was while we played it. There were some comical relief moments among other things. Just not that invested to take a chance at something bad happening to my console.

x1776

Forum Junkie
Jul 4, 2011
Wyoming
www.facebook.com
Honestly. I’m not impressed. Prepare for a rant.

Not trying to hate because I did give it a chance, beating the story and getting to max power playing all the game has to offer even GM3. Keep in mind I main storm.

Heres my thoughts.

The flame/overheat mechanic has got to go. Or needs to be incredibly balanced. Anytime something sneezes on me and I get caught on fire I’m always at 1 health. The effect lasts WAYYY too long and there’s no reason my shields and armor should instantly drain. I can’t fly to effectively escape to safety. I mean the suits are suppose to keep you safe and mitigate temperatures right?

After experiencing all the difficulties with the loot drops, don’t bother playing GM2 or GM3. GM3 has enemies health and damage increased by 3100-3300% - which to me isn’t a difficulty increase, just lazy development. It takes 5-8 minutes to kill the most basic enemies on GM3. While the loot drops are increased, the time invested versus the drops isn’t worth it. Right now GM1 is the best way to farm materials and loot making a third of the game’s difficulty curve absolutely pointless.

Any missions I join that aren’t my own either through the party system or quick play are broken 50% of the time. And even then a solid 20% of my missions are a bust. To add, challenges and achievements/trophies aren’t unlocking, which most other developers have down to a science.

I personally haven’t experienced this, only a game crash back to the home console screen. But I’ve heard about and seen reports of consoles literally being killed by Anthem. The ratio being 75/25 PS4 to Xbox. The game basically improperly powered off consoles which is a big no-no, and can wind up costing the user $$$$ in hardware.

I gave the game a chance. But with so many nitpick things wrong with the game, mechanics that don’t function properly or aren’t balanced, on top of a chance I could lose my console or it be internally damaged - I will soon be uninstalling Anthem. My fiancé and myself both enjoyed the game for what it was while we played it. There were some comical relief moments among other things. Just not that invested to take a chance at something bad happening to my console.

While I agree with the overheat mechanic isn't the best, I mean if you toss a fireball to an enemy with shied it does nothing, but when you get rid of their shield they go down, should be the same for us javelins.

They recently kinda fixed the loot drop, so if you are lvl 30 then you will no longer see white green and blues, I may be incorrect about the blues.

Also before this most recent patch I couldn't really play a quick play mission at all, now I can with about a 80% rate that the mission is not bugged, way better then before which was damn near 10% playable. They have also added in the option to run quick play for strongholds, which is a nice bonus to how it was in both demos.

While I have had the game crash on me, I have also had the game crash on me while playing other shooter games. Also the game crashing the PS4 to the point of bricking it is false, none have been bricked they just load up back in safe mode to repair itself as a precaution. The devs and PS4 have tweeted on this and posted in the reddit forum.

There are deff things that are wrong with this game, and also good things going for it. I personally feel that we paid $60 to demo it while they put it up to par where it should be, which is fine by me. Just imagine if they had put in PvP, the game would be in more of a shock then it currently is.

I currently don't like the state of the game but it is getting better and improving which I can say is going good for now. it's up for the devs to keep handling issues and to keep being involved with the player base to provide us a great game.

Reactions: XGC Cobrapine

iTz Caedo

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 1, 2009
New York
I'm honestly not going to rant because i like the game and where it could possible head i feel that EA pushed the release of this game to get out before Division 2 to try and secure more buys. But there are things i like about the game and other than the things they promised upcoming i think there should have been more armor sets from the start of the game

Reactions: XGC Cobrapine

SYN Cinder

Forum Addict
Sep 17, 2011
Alabama
I mean no one is stopping anyone from playing it. I’m just not taking the risk on it having given it a chance and not being impressed on it. I’m still going to pour one out for poor old BioWare though even after their last game wasn’t good either.