Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ABOUT TO ENLIST

XGC Ezekiel

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 26, 2007
SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA
www.myspace.com
Well guys once I pay off this parking ticket its time for me to enlist. Im goin into the Army branch, but havent decided which job I'll do. Either Military Police, Infantryman, or man up and be an Airborn Ranger (I'm 75% postive Ranger is what i wanna do). But I just wanted to here some advice, rumors, and experience. So if you have done any of these jobs or no someone who feel free to write about it here

Galactus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Bragg, NC
I can help you with that.
First, Ranger school isn't for the weak. I've seen some PT beasts come back from ranger school.

11B's when they aren't overseas are training. drills, drills, drills. You will be able to do drills with your eyes closed.

MPs... not a bad job, per sé, but there is a downside: you don't have the luxury of working 9-5 and getting weekends off. MP is a job that has to be staffed 24/7, even on Christmas. Even on Thnxgiving, even on four day holiday weekends. I wouldn't recommend MP unless you're cool with a schedule like what I just mentioned.

My advice? Go Air Force. 85% of my army colleagues are miserable, including myself. Air force has better living conditions, more relaxed grooming standards, the girls are prettier, the guys are smarter, and air force bases are always neat and the grass is green and so forth.

I live on Fort Bragg... bragg looks like crap (until you go into the officer housing complexes)... the grass is half dirt, half dead grass. The trees are all pine trees. Go onto Pope Air Force Base and it looks like a freaking golf course, no lie. Plus rank is more relaxed in the Air Force.

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
Hey now im happy in the Army lol its a pretty sweet gig, im 21 B and once i get commissioned in May ill be living in the Officer complex so no arguments there, but i agree ive been to Bragg, jackson and Benning, and i can say that Bragg prolly isnt as nice as the others.... but its not terrible i have friends in the AF and i can tell you for the most part the girls are prettier and pretty much the guys are smarter, cant really talk about the bases since ive never been around them long enough to notice those types of things...

reaperscythe

Banned
Apr 25, 2007
Vegas
I recently signed and went to my first drill for the ANG of Nevada and i have to say it's awesome so far everyone wants to be there and enjoys their jobs!

Rahzulus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 31, 2007
Michigan
Quality of life in the AF is really good. Just remember, you get paid the same no matter which branch you enlist in. I suggest you do research for yourself, this isn't a small decision to make.

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
For any job, for any branch that you are thinking about getting into; ask questions and talk to people that have done or do that job. The branch and job all have there ups and downs. It really comes down to you, and how you deal with that job. Check out military.com. there is lots of good information in there.

KoG Lion

Banned
Nov 17, 2009
Rio Linda CA
hay J. dude im here in afghanistan right now i have ben blown up and all the other bull **** that comes with being here. now being a CPL and when i get back state side i get to go get my 18x contract other wise special forces. i went last november made its to week 2 then cracked my hip. so dude go 11b abd you will have a blast

XGC BoomBoomPow

Forum Star
Jun 7, 2011
Denver,CO
Thank you for serving your country all of you. If you want some advice joining a "real mans" branch of the military USMC, just let me know. 6 yrs USMC - EOD. Operation Desert Storm, Operation Restore Hope, Operation Desert Stay.... :)